Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nnamdi Asomugha's contact is set to void, per the WP

pram11

Eric Wright, Browns (expiring contract)

Champ Bailey, Broncos (expiring contract)

Antonio Cromartie, Jets (expiring contract)

Stanford Routt, Raiders (expiring contract)

Ike Taylor, Steelers (expiring contract)

Nnamdi Asomugha Raiders, (voiding contract)

Domonique Foxworth Ravens, (possible cap casualty)

Nate Clements, 49ers (possible cap casualty)

That's why you trade The Gambler and bring in a real corner like NA.

Are you kidding??

If we signed Nnamdi, trading Hall is the last thing in the world you'd want to do. We'd probably let Carlos walk, play Nnamdi constantly at man-to-man on the other team's best wideout, and let Hall look for picks off the #2 WR. That's an ideal setup at corner.

If true, he wants another big pay day before he gets over the hill. As others have said, let's pass. We have bigger needs and can fill the position with cheaper players especially if we are able to upgrade the lines. As someone else said we need a FS more and at least two quality LB's in addition to two more starter quality lineman.

Vinny was let go, stop trying to bring him back.

Are you kidding??

If we signed Nnamdi, trading Hall is the last thing in the world you'd want to do. We'd probably let Carlos walk, play Nnamdi constantly at man-to-man on the other team's best wideout, and let Hall look for picks off the #2 WR. That's an ideal setup at corner.

Didn't work out so well for Oakland and Rob Ryan. Hall is a much more mature person and player than he was then but simply slapping talent together doesn't make a good defense.

id rather target... Richard Marshall CB from Carolina hes 25.. only if we get Woodley if we don't get Woodley i would

Sign Nnamdi and Draft OLB.

I'm not sure how feasible this is, but I would take Patrick Peterson in a heartbeat if he were available. If we can get Woodley, and then AJ Hawk to go on the inside, that would instantly make our LB corps formidable.

huh? Care to explain? If he can shut any wr down one on one. Then why couldnt he just take there best receiver out the game and play zones around it .
If we ran a defense like that, then wouldn't DeAngelo play that role? He'd love too. Ask him about it. ;)

Adding Nnamdi seems like a luxury we can't afford. Doesn't really make sense to invest our money and attention there. We need a CB that is comfortable in zones. Not the best CB in the league.

This is all hypothetical though. I don't see why Oakland wouldn't just pay Nnamdi but knows what the void clause means in terms of the CBA.

I'm not sure how feasible this is, but I would take Patrick Peterson in a heartbeat if he were available. If we can get Woodley, and then AJ Hawk to go on the inside, that would instantly make our LB corps formidable.

problem with all this is that I view these FA's higher than Nnamdi..

Soliai

Joseph

Harris

Woodley

those are 4 names i view much higher than Nnamdi..

2 other names i would look into

Johnathan Joseph

Richard Marshall

both much younger than Nnamdi with Joseph being close enough in talent to compensate for the age difference. Marshall seems more realistic and hes also young so he has room to grow.. Nnamdi just seems more like a luxary than a need imo.

also i was high on the AJ Hawk train problem is they have to release him and he has a 10 million dollar contract not exactly sure how the contract would go if we sign him.. if im not mistaken wouldn't they have to pay a certain amount of the 10mill.. i wouldn't break the bank on him though he would be another luxury but i would LOVE to pair him with Fletcher 2 hard working ILBs something you can't beat.

problem with all this is that I view these FA's higher than Nnamdi..

Soliai

Joseph

Harris

Woodley

those are 4 names i view much higher than Nnamdi..

2 other names i would look into

Johnathan Joseph

Richard Marshall

both much younger than Nnamdi with Joseph being close enough in talent to compensate for the age difference. Marshall seems more realistic and hes also young so he has room to grow.. Nnamdi just seems more like a luxary than a need imo.

I'm not saying go for Nnamdi (I was in an earlier post, now I'm just looking at the other side). I'm saying draft Peterson if he's available and sign Woodley and AJ Hawk.

I'm not saying go for Nnamdi (I was in an earlier post, now I'm just looking at the other side). I'm saying draft Peterson if he's available and sign Woodley and AJ Hawk.

id rather just go for locker or gabbert.. let mike start his magic now.. Peterson should literally go first now if he comes out..

I think Da'Quan Bowers is slated as the top player in the draft now, but I could be mistaken.

i think its huge mistake for Carolina to take him over Peterson, Bowers is good but i never heard of him b4 this year i usually don't like to sink a pick like that into someone thats considered a 1 year wonder.. and i flat out think that Peterson is more dominant as a defender and at his position.

i think its huge mistake for Carolina to take him over Peterson, Bowers is good but i never heard of him b4 this year i usually don't like to sink a pick like that into someone thats considered a 1 year wonder.. and i flat out think that Peterson is more dominant as a defender and at his position.

Fair enough. Da'Quan might be too big of a temptation though, having lost Peppers in FA. Either way, I don't realistically think we'll be getting Peterson.

Archived