Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nnamdi Asomugha's contact is set to void, per the WP

pram11

I'm assuming because it's a void, he won't be eligible for the franchise tag. He's gonna be 30 next year but if there is any corner in the league that can challenge Revis' claim as the best in the league, it's Nnamdi. It's not reflected in his stats, because teams literally never throw his way. So my question is, knowing he's gonna be 30 and that he might give you another 4 years of elite play, would you pony up and sign this guy? He literally changes the way teams play his defense.

That's why you trade The Gambler and bring in a real corner like NA.

Good thought, because Bruce restructured Hall's bonus last year in such a way that he can be cut or traded with minimal cap consequence, just like he did Albert's. So, why not sign Nnamdi and re-sign Carlos or another 2nd-teir CB? You improve your CB position greatly and probably get a 3rd round pick for Hall in the process.

I'm pretty sure having Nnamdi Asomugha as his teammate is not the reason Hall played horribly in Oakland.

Well, the fact that Asomugha was shutting down half the field meant Hall saw the majority of the throws going his way.

I will say this - Hall's attitude has COMPLETELY changed since he played for Oakland, and he's much more mature now.

I'm for signing a 2nd tier CB. I don't want to shell out top dollar contracts for players that are around 30 years old. NA is a great corner. If you go after a 2nd tier FA it may give you an opportunity to sign Rodgers again once he realizes that he isn't going to get elite money from anyone. Especially seeing how many decent CB are available in FA 2011.

I admit, it sounds incredibly tempting... but I'd pass. Mainly because he's 30, and if we miss a season then that means he may be 31 before we even get to see him play. Plus the fact that we never have luck with other teams stars.. I'm for getting a dominate D-line and pass rush... it will make whatever corners we have look/play that much better.

30 is not old for a corner. However I do not see a player of his caliber wanting to come here when there are better places to go like Dallas, Philly, San Diego and even New England to fill their needs at DB.

30 maybe even 31 by the time we take the field again... it may not be old but he likely won't have more than 4-5 years of elite play left in him. Not worth it for us because we are to far away. The other teams you mentioned... definitely a better fit

30 maybe even 31 by the time we take the field again... it may not be old but he likely won't have more than 4-5 years of elite play left in him. Not worth it for us because we are to far away. The other teams you mentioned... definitely a better fit

A free agent shouldn't be expected to give more than 4 to 5 years of solid play before you replace him with someone younger which teams like the iggles and Patriots do all of the time.

Seriously some of the people on this site are ridiculous. Suggesting we get rid of both Hall and Cooley has to be some of the most FOOLISH logic I've ever heard. Some people should just keep their opinions to themselves :doh:

People are crazy.

I would sign him to a 5 yr deal.It could force rogers to take less. Matter of fact just let los go with rocky

Archived