Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nnamdi Asomugha's contact is set to void, per the WP

pram11

its gunna be hard to pull money for Davin Joseph + Ryan Harris (those 2 imo are locks) + Paul Soliai and then add 2 players like Johnathan Joseph AND Lamar Woodley that would put us damn near at cap limit.

as a base FA i just want 3 anything more is a luxury

Davin Joseph

Paul Soliai

Ryan Harris

anything more is a plus imo.

There's no way in hell that the Steelers let Woodley go. He's in his prime and they haven't really thought about signing or drafting a replacement for him.

But I digress.

Nnamdi Asomugha would cost our left nut. No denying it, he's right up there with Revis as one of the best CBs in football, but the last time Hall was paired up with Nnamdi, it didn't go so well for him. The problem about being on the other side of Nnamdi is overexposure - when QBs know they can't throw at Nnamdi, they'll throw at the other guy all the time, and unless you're absolutely spectacular in coverage, the law of percentages will come back to bite you.

But coming back to the simple fact of the matter, Nnamdi Asomugha would cost our left nut. And keep in mind, Hall's contract is NOT small. We've got needs too many places on both sides of the ball to spend that much money on one guy. I'd much rather us get three or four okay-to-good players to shore up depth in other places. We could definitely roll with the DBs we have now and be fine. We've got a Pro Bowler at corner and another guy at safety that would have been a Pro Bowler if not for an unfortunate injury, which is on par with, if not better than, a lot of other teams that run the 3-4.

There's no way in hell that the Steelers let Woodley go. He's in his prime and they haven't really thought about signing or drafting a replacement for him.

But I digress.

Nnamdi Asomugha would cost our left nut. No denying it, he's right up there with Revis as one of the best CBs in football, but the last time Hall was paired up with Nnamdi, it didn't go so well for him. The problem about being on the other side of Nnamdi is overexposure - when QBs know they can't throw at Nnamdi, they'll throw at the other guy all the time, and unless you're absolutely spectacular in coverage, the law of percentages will come back to bite you.

But coming back to the simple fact of the matter, Nnamdi Asomugha would cost our left nut. And keep in mind, Hall's contract is NOT small. We've got needs too many places on both sides of the ball to spend that much money on one guy. I'd much rather us get three or four okay-to-good players to shore up depth in other places. We could definitely roll with the DBs we have now and be fine. We've got a Pro Bowler at corner and another guy at safety that would have been a Pro Bowler if not for an unfortunate injury, which is on par with, if not better than, a lot of other teams that run the 3-4.

there really is nothing they can do.. i mean new CBA most likely will not have a Franchise Tag so now hes testing waters and seeing the offers and looking at everything.. something might happen..

Any idea what the cap will be next year, if there is even one?

that i dont think can be predicted due to the new rookie scale that will be coming in.. im sure since rookies will be paid less the cap would be lower. I could be way off base though.

Archived