Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

At the Half - who don't you bring back next year?

TK

Three End Arounds getting called in the 1st half could CLEARLY tell you we're treating this a Pre Season/talent evaluation game. Doesn't mean we won't try to win, but it tells you the main goal for here on out.

List which players you think get cut/released & why.

Offense

Grossman - He did impress on the pass down field to Sellers as the Rex Cannon made it on the run without his feet being planted on the ground. Pass was close to having that ol Kilmer wobble to it. Decent something out of nothing by getting rid of the ball to Torrain to avoid a sack & get a TD. Honestly I think I'm on the fence with Rex & agree with giving him 3 games to see what he's got.

Rabach - Smart enough but DAMN does he get pushed around in pass protection. And his favorite play is snap the ball, step back on McNabb's foot to cause a 10 yard sack.

Defense

Doughty/Moore - Neither are true starters & both have issues when it comes to tackling. Reed had a great play in the 1st quarter for a sack, but got his ass turned around six ways from Sunday by Witten. Moore has good hands but if he had to tackle for his dinner, he'd starve to death.

Rocky - Just an overall bad fit for the 3-4.

Carter - Like Rocky, not a really good fit for the 3-4. Serviceable with rotations but he's a starter in a 4-3.

Kareem Moore's proven he can't play at all, IMO. I wouldn't even have him as a backup. Reed Doughty's perfectly fine as a backup safety that can fill in for a game here and there.

And if we're worrying about the backup QB, then that means we've got a starter problem.

I don't really care about Grossman. Worrying about the backup when you don't even have a starter.

The bigger question TK is who do we target at QB next year in the 1st round?

Drafting a QB in the first round next year would be just another garbage move in a long line of garbage moves by a garbage team.

There are very few players on this team that I still care about any more. I don't care if we drop the vast majority of them. You can't rebuild without getting rid of the dead weight... and that's what most of the players on this team are.

Rex Grossman is unbelievably awful. That fact that he is on our team at all makes me want to shoot myself in the face.

Interestingly enough, he's playing just as well as McNabb has all year.

People see what they want to see. And results may vary. :ols:

Rabach holds on runs. CUT!

Rex Grossman clearly can't see anyone besides Moss. CUT!

Cooley is good, but not needed. CUT!

Artis Hicks sucks. CUT!

Rocky McIntosh doesn't fit the 34, nor can he tackle. CUT!

Andre Carter isn't a 34 DE and he sucks at OLB. CUT!

Carlos Rogers seems to think he's playing saftey. CUT!

Buchanon.... well he just sucks. CUT!

Mike Sellers is old and doesn't run as well as he used too. CUT!

Lorenzo Alexander is too big for LB. CUT!

That's my list :)

There are very few players on this team that I still care about any more. I don't care if we drop the vast majority of them. You can't rebuild without getting rid of the dead weight... and that's what most of the players on this team are.

Thanks for naming names & saying why. :doh:

Rocky is a 4-3 linebacker, through and through. Casey Rabach needs to start player-coaching instead of playing, the defensive lines in the NFL are way too much for him physically. Keep him on the team as a backup for veteran leadership but someone else stronger and younger needs to be playing. Andre Carter tries so hard to do what he is asked, but he doesn't fit well. I feel like I just reiterated some of the OP... haha

I'd try to trade and if not possible, cut DeAngelo Hall.

The guy has zero football IQ. Does not know when it's ok to gamble and when making the fundamental play is better.

Or the rest of the D around him is so mediocre, no, BAD, that he feels like he has to take every gamble possible to try and make plays for this team.

DHall's proven that he's grown as a football player, and has played VERY smart and VERY well in recent weeks.

Its pretty obvious to me that this game isn't the norm. He's trying to make up for this entire team's failings all by himself.

Danny Smith and Jim Haslett

Carter, Rocky, Doughty, Moore, Kemo, Moss, Rabach, Heyer.

What position do the 1st two guys play again? :doh:

Why do you cut/release the other guys?

If you can't actually understand & respond to the words in the op, then fully expect me to sit here & point you out on your cluelessness. There's been way to much stupid here the last few days, time for the igwads to be shown as igwads. :)

Archived