Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

At the Half - who don't you bring back next year?

TK

I'm still on the fence with Rexxxy. The comeback was great. The INT not so much. And now the Jags have game tape of him in this system to game plan him.

I'm not as down on that INT. In that situation, below average QB, no timeouts, less than 15 seconds left and about 20-30 yards to go, it's kinda hard to make a play in that spot. That's advantage defense all day long. You're gonna wind up throwing someplace you don't want to out of necessity.

That's my list :)

Thank God you aren't running our team. Rex Grossman is a perfectly good #2 QB. There are few teams in the league with a better backup. Cooley is a Pro Bowl calibre TE. I can see trading him for picks but cutting him? Hicks is a versatile reserve OL. He shouldn't be a starter but he provides valuable depth. You know, that thing we haven't had the past decade? Carter could fetch a late round pick. Carlos Rogers is a good but not great CB. Sellers is old and could possibly be replaced with Darrel Young. That being said he is still a productive player. Lorenzo Alexander is our best ST player and one of the better ones in the league. I don't want him getting significant playing time on defense but he is valuable on ST.

For me I don't bring back:

Moore- I've always been high on Moore but he just can't tackle. Too frequently he goes high and is just pushed off by the ball carrier.

Westbrook- He's just not a very good CB. He's okay on ST but not good enough to get a spot based on that

Carter- Trade him so he can actually be productive somewhere. He's been a good solider, he deserves a chance to play somewhere else.

Golston- Maybe I'm just not paying attention to him but I don't see him as a 3-4 end.

Holliday- I like him but he's too old.

HB Blades- Always been a fan but I don't see how he fits the defense. We need to get better at ILB.

Roydell Williams- He's a hard worker but he just can't play. WR corps has to get better

Austin- I've never seen anything in him that excites me. We already have two smurf recievers in Moss and Banks. He doesn't play teams for us so he has little to no value.

There are plenty of other players I'd be okay with replacing as well but these ones stand out to me. Most people are going to scream Rabach but I want him back as a reserve. I want a younger starter but we need a veteran to back up that position. Very few players are going to be able to get limited reps all season and then step in and make the line calls. Rabach has been doing it long enough he should be able to. If a better FA is available that would be great as well.

Rex Grossman should not be in anyone's doghouse. People need to look at things objectively before rolling with popular, pre-conceived notions about someone. Rex fits our offense better than McNabb...period. Trade my man 5 to Arizona or Minny for a 3rd or 4th round pick and draft QB Ricky Stanzi to sit behind Rex for a year. McNabb cannot throw accurate intermediate and short passes like Rex can and that does not fit in our WCO system. Not much to say about the situation but that. It was a mistake getting McNabb and hopefully we can recoup some picks and have a great offseason. Hail!

:ols:

Told you guys I'd be pointing & laughing at the igwads.

Excuse me Mr Football genius if I don't follow the roster changes from week to week. I don't see any NFL teams beating your door down begging you to coach for them. I guess since you're a mod you're allowed to call people names. That's the main reason I quit posting on here because of the ****ty attitudes and the know-it-alls.

I would not lose sleep over anybody leaving apart from Landry, Orakpo, Williams, Banks and Torain. The rest are either too old or not good enough. Cooley and Davis could be tradeable but we would get nothing for anybody else.

Agreed! I would add Jeremey Jarmon, London Fletcher, Anthony Armstrong,DeAngeo Hall, and Kevin Barnes.

Excuse me Mr Football genius if I don't follow the roster changes from week to week. I don't see any NFL teams beating your door down begging you to coach for them. I guess since you're a mod you're allowed to call people names. That's the main reason I quit posting on here because of the ****ty attitudes and the know-it-alls.

And I'm sure it was a real loss :ols:

The point isn't that you didn't know Galloway was cut...which is bad enough.

Its that you went out of your way to talk about it WITHOUT knowing. That's just lazy, and irresponsible.

If you don't want to get called out on not knowing what the hell you're talking about, then don't talk about things you don't know about. The Galloway situation is an example of that.

Don't confuse being a poor starter with being an ok backup. There's guys that should be off the roster, and guys that should be removed from the starting lineup. Not the same thing. We play too many backup level players as full time starters, but doesn't mean those players don't warrant a roster spot in another capacity.

Don't confuse being a poor starter with being an ok backup. There's guys that should be off the roster, and guys that should be removed from the starting lineup. Not the same thing. We play too many backup level players as full time starters, but doesn't mean those players don't warrant a roster spot in another capacity.

This is a good point and I agree with this.

I'm not big on trading Cooley. He's one of the few consistently reliable players we have. Not to mention, I don't envision anybody giving up much for a TE. You'd probably get a pick that would turn into a special teamer. This team needs starters.

Actually, the market's been set in the very recent past for a TE of Cooley's caliber...a 2nd and at least a 5th or 6th. KWII, Shockey, Gonzo. All of comparable skill (or significantly older, or more injury prone)

I'm still on the fence with Rexxxy. The comeback was great. The INT not so much. And now the Jags have game tape of him in this system to game plan him.

Eh, where else was he supposed to throw it? Thirteen seconds left, he tried to make something happen. Grossman was our MVP today; it was the defense that screwed the pooch.

Rex Grossman should not be in anyone's doghouse. People need to look at things objectively before rolling with popular, pre-conceived notions about someone. Rex fits our offense better than McNabb...period. Trade my man 5 to Arizona or Minny for a 3rd or 4th round pick and draft QB Ricky Stanzi to sit behind Rex for a year. McNabb cannot throw accurate intermediate and short passes like Rex can and that does not fit in our WCO system. Not much to say about the situation but that. It was a mistake getting McNabb and hopefully we can recoup some picks and have a great offseason. Hail!

McNabb has been pretty bad but I'm not ready to say he doesn't fit our WCO system after he played in a WCO for over a decade. Yes they vary from coach to coach but our offense is based on running play action off the stretch and zone read plays. McNabb is very successful with play action and the deep shots off of it. He does a good job on the roll outs that have been a staple of (Mike) Shanahan's offense.

I'm not sure if it's a mental thing as far as not knowing the offense, a mechanics issue, or some sort of physical issue with an injury or deteriorating skills from age but I don't believe it's that he doesn't fit but just that he isn't playing well.

I do fully agree about Rex though. I'm not expecting him to light it up or become our savior but fans should give him a chance. He played great today. His first INT was clearly on Sellers and the last one was a desperation throw. The end result would have been no different had it been incomplete or our reciever catching it unless he was able to break a tackle and score a TD.

Off the top of my head:

-Haynesworth (obvious/he'll be traded or cut)

-McNabb (pretty obvious at this point. He'll be cut or we trade him)

-Portis (love all the years and effort he gave this team, but age and injury has caught up to him)

-Kareem Moore (one of the most disappointing players on defense. Can't tackle to save his life)

-Casey Rabach (if he's not released, he should only be a back up at best)

-Artis Hicks (same as Rabach)

-Rocky McIntosh (doesn't fit the 3-4)

-Phillip Daniels (age/not a 3-4 guy)

-Andre Carter (age/not a 3-4 guy)

-Adam Carriker (had no impact at all. Back up at best)

-Make Kemoato(sp?) (same as Carriker)

-Roydell Williams (not an NFL receiver)

-Philip Buchanon (he hasn't been terrible as a 3rd CB, but you have to believe they can get someone younger/better to take that spot)

-Fred Davis (Trade him for picks. We've got Cooley and Logan Paulsen looks like a solid back up.)

I'm sure there's a few more I could throw in, but those are at the top. I say Grossman stays, at the very least he's a serviceable back up with the potential to actually start a few games next year if Shannahan doesn't feel our rookie QB is ready (assuming they draft one)

Besides those already mentioned, I think it's time to say goodbye to Mike Sellers. He'll be 36 next year and always looks before he runs on flat passes. A few of those have been critical drive killers. I'll give him credit for some run blocking this year but I'd like to see D. Young get time these next couple of games. I see him as guy who'd fill in nicely.

And I'm sure it was a real loss :ols:

Yeah and I'm sure if you were to stopped sharing your considerable brilliance this board would just die. My point is I see a lot of stupid things said on here but I don't call people retards. For example when the season is going bad the perennial 'blow up the team/start all over' crowd starts screaming. Considering the roster is probably 35-40% new I would say that would qualify as 'blowing up'. Should we go with a 90% new roster next year? And of course the usual we need younger/faster players as if they actually grew on a farm and all we had to do is corral them. Actually they do - in JUCO. But then there's the leap from younger/faster to actually being FOOTBALL players. London Fletcher is neither young or fast but he is certainly one of the best linebackers out there and most likely our best overall defensive player. Some of you need to get over yourselves.

Archived