Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

At the Half - who don't you bring back next year?

TK

No, he really isn't.

Yeah he really is. The only play that was worse than McNabb was the INT. McNabb probably just takes the sack.

Other than that, he's been Donovan McNabb. Good medium throws to Armstrong, Moss, Sellers, and some inaccurate throws. Every bit as inconsistent as #5.

Or the rest of the D around him is so mediocre, no, BAD, that he feels like he has to take every gamble possible to try and make plays for this team.

DHall's proven that he's grown as a football player, and has played VERY smart and VERY well in recent weeks.

Its pretty obvious to me that this game isn't the norm. He's trying to make up for this entire team's failings all by himself.

I agree. Dude is just trying to put the ball back in the offense's hands because he knows we aren't stopping anyone out there. I'm glad he's taking gambles- and at least he occasionally lays the wood unlike our other cornflake DBs.

You seriously are not watching the game. It's not even close.

EDIT:Oh, and there's a fumble to go with his pick. Awesome.

I'm watching it as I type this. He's doing exactly what McNabb does, it just looks like...well, like Grossman's doing it.

And I'm not sure that you can blame Grossman for the fumble when his OG turned around and ran INTO him. :doh:

I agree. Dude is just trying to put the ball back in the offense's hands because he knows we aren't stopping anyone out there. I'm glad he's taking gambles- and at least he occasionally lays the wood unlike our other cornflake DBs.

Barnes has had a few good hits in the first half as well. Though he needs to see what he hits before he gets flagged for it.

I'm watching it as I type this. He's doing exactly what McNabb does, it just looks like...well, like Grossman's doing it.

And I'm not sure that you can blame Grossman for the fumble when his OG turned around and ran INTO him. :doh:

Yeah, it's the OGs fault Grossman is the worst quarterback since Heath Shuler....

I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing that. He's trying to make plays, and unfortunately, for CB's that means gambling big on plays. Maybe if the rest of the defense could tackle or cover, he could play like he's played the last few games.

1st Quarter - Rex even dumped one in the dirt a few feet in front of his receiver.

What position do the 1st two guys play again? :doh:

Why do you cut/release the other guys?

If you can't actually understand & respond to the words in the op, then fully expect me to sit here & point you out on your cluelessness. There's been way to much stupid here the last few days, time for the igwads to be shown as igwads. :)

I understand just fine, but why would I just repeat what you've already said. It's pretty basic.

And the title of the thread, just says "who". That would include Smith and Haslett.

This game stinks and our team is bad, we're all cranky about it, but if you're going to start what will obviously turn into another thoughtless gripe thread, don't point me out and start insulting people.

Yeah, it's the OGs fault Grossman is the worst quarterback since Heath Shuler....

You're obviously seeing what you want to see, because its Grossman out there. If McNabb made the same exact plays (which he has all season, except for not being able to make the shorter touch throws :doh:) you'd be making excuses.

Grossman is giving us the same production we've been getting out of McNabb. You're just seeing it differently.

---------- Post added December-19th-2010 at 02:54 PM ----------

1st Quarter - Rex even dumped one in the dirt a few feet in front of his receiver.

Exactly. Other than some other short completions that McNabb would probably be hitting the dirt on, we might as well have McNabb out there.

Which isn't a good thing, since Grossman is a far cheaper alternative, who doesn't have an ego to protect or the media behind him no matter what.

Post Armstrong completions: I rest my case.

Thanks for naming names & saying why. :doh:

God dammit TK, now I'm going to have to actually work at this. Oh well, should be more mentally stimulating than watching the game. I'll name the players who I'd like to keep around, that will be easier.

Offense:

Ryan Torain: He isn't an every down back but he does run with intensity. My major knock on him is his inability to stay healthy throughout the course of a season. When he does play, he's a good back that you could use in a running back by committee situation.

Trent Williams: He's a rookie, I'd keep him around because we've invested a first round pick on him. He seems to perform well for a first year left tackle.

Anthony Armstrong: He's a younger version of Moss. His best years are definitely ahead of him.

The offensive players I'd definitely get rid of... Rabach. Rabach is a "turnstyle" at center. I think that Montgomery played better at center than Rabach. Santana Moss. Moss is getting old and is really suited as a slot receiver. He makes a play here and there but isn't the player he was three seasons ago. Chris Cooley. I love the guy but he's about as productive as Fred Davis these days. If we could trade him for something decent we could gain some picks. We never have been all that great at trading high, buying low though. Clinton Portis, enough said. The rest of the guys, meh, if they are here OK. It's probably better if they aren't.

Defense:

Laron Landry: The guy is a stud. You have to keep him here. Our defense was a different animal with him on the field this season. He's the closest thing to Sean Taylor that we'll ever have for a long, long time.

Brian Orakpo: He isn't great at pass coverage but he is a (or will become) a dominant pass rusher. You have to keep him around for his ability to get to the QB alone.

London Fletcher: He is a leader. We need one of those on defense. Unfortunately he's getting old and we won't have him here forever.

Those that I would definitely part ways with... Hands of Stone. I like Carlos Rogers as a coverage guy but he has been getting progressively worse over the last couple of seasons. Rocky McIntosh, he needs to go. Rocky can't tackle. Moore and Doughty, they don't do anything good. Neither can tackle.. a much needed quality from a safety tandem. Likewise,the rest of them I don't care about. If the others of defense are still here next season, meh. The less, the better.

Of course you have to keep Brandon Banks. He has home run potential every time he touches the ball.

So basically... Torain, Armstrong, Williams, Landry, Orakpo, Fletcher and Banks. That's the list of guys who I still want here. The rest of them are expendable.

Barnes has had a few good hits in the first half as well. Though he needs to see what he hits before he gets flagged for it.

True. We always here the coaches talking about Barnes as a tackler... It's exciting to watch but I'm just waiting for some coverage skills to be thrown into the mix. And yes, he's gotta keep that head up if he wants to play more than five seasons in the NFL.

Another guy I really have to wonder about is Kareem Moore. I don't know how much his injury has been impacting him, but he cannot tackle, and he is not nearly the ball-hawk he was made out to be.

---------- Post added December-19th-2010 at 02:57 PM ----------

More McNabb-esque plays by Grossman.

He's trying to make up for this entire team's failings all by himself.

No. He just being himself: MeAngelo. Trying to make a highlight play when the smart play is to just make the freakin tackle.

Dallas kicks a fg and you're off the field. Instead, it's a TD and he's floppin like a fish on turf.

No football IQ. Zero.

The list of who I want to ensure stays on the roster is much shorter than the cut list.

Offense: Williams, Cooley

Defense: Orakpo, Landry, Fletcher

I find that truly sad how much of a dropoff we have in our roster after these guys. I'd also like to see Armstrong and Torrain around, but AA as a 2nd or 3rd WR, and Torrain may have durability issues.

Everyone wake up and realize you're arguing about Mcnabb and Grossman. What a poor state this team is in.

I got a little excited about the Mcnabb signing and chose not to acknowledge all the reasons Philly let him go. Well, i was reminded during the season. I love his leadership and all that huggy stuff but can't overlook all the drives he killed. Here's the true bright spot, even though we lost some picks and a little money, we did not mortgage the future. The old regime would have given a 1st rounder this year and next.

As for the OP's question, Heyer, Portis, Carter, McIntosh, McNabb, Doughty, Moore, AH, Kemo, and Rabach.

Archived