Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is the Locker Room Really Divided?

War Paint

Honestly i don't really care who starts this weekend. We are out of the playoffs and if the Shanahan's want to see if Rex Grossman fits the offense I'm fine with it. Actually our best bet is to draft a young QB and have him learn under Rex. Rex will be in his 3rd year in Kyle's offense and hopefully our rookie QB can learn next year and play year 2. I think we resigned Mcnabb so we can get something back for him. I was fooled and thought we had a shot to win this year but not anymore. We need to overhaul and Rex Grossman will probably be the QB next year while Mcnabb is traded for picks is what i think happens.

*edit* And damn it this overhaul had better start with the offensive line.

WOW your not to bright are you. So it's okay for players to be called out for there B.S. Yet you can't call out coaches for there B.S.

Yes. That's how the boss/employee relationship works. If you've ever had a job, you should know that. If you don't like it, you can leave or get fired. If you respect your boss, you'll stay with him, and believe the company will rise.

First of all, the word respect is prominent. Until your boss exemplifies a winning aura or formula, he has to earn respect from his employees. The employee must show respect to his boss to maintain employment. In the long run, the players are the ones who make the owner's money, not the coaches. Sometimes bosses get a big head and forget who puts people in the seats. There has to be a compromise between the two, a mutual respect. If you disrespect a team leader then you may have to suffer your own consequences. That's why they invented free agency.

First of all, the word respect is prominent. Until your boss exemplifies a winning aura or formula, he has to earn respect from his employees. The employee must show respect to his boss to maintain employment. In the long run, the players are the ones who make the owner's money, not the coaches. Sometimes bosses get a big head and forget who puts people in the seats. There has to be a compromise between the two, a mutual respect. If you disrespect a team leader then you may have to suffer your own consequences. That's why they invented free agency.

Well, considering that most of this group of players won't be the ones winning OR losing with Shanahan in the future, I think its more important that he imposes his standards on the organization and builds high expectations, than coddling the players and worrying about their feelings. Or ours.

If there are a lot of players upset, then there are a lof of players who have vastly overestimated their standing on the team. Unless their name is Trent Williams, London Fletcher, or Laron Landry, they should seriousl be more worried about their own job prospects for next year than about McNabb's.

Between Haynesworth, Dockery, and now McNabb, there is a clear signal that past pedigree means **** to Shanny. Perform or start looking for apartments in sunny Oakland. Youve been warned.

WOW your not to bright are you. So it's okay for players to be called out for there B.S. Yet you can't call out coaches for there B.S.

Not a good career move. Sure they can do it, but they also see what happened with Haynesworth. With Allen and Shanny it's my way or the highway and I support that. Finally a coach with some discipline. We have needed that a long time.

Anyone watch Cooley last week?

He looked disgusted after McNabb bounced a ball in front of him that would have been a gimme first down and maybe a TD.

Then even more disgusted when Donovan just flat out didn't see him for a sure TD at the end of the first half.

I like Donny Mac. I wanted this trade to work.

But it hasn't.

The guy just isn't what he used to be and anyone who watches film -- and that includes his teammates -- knows it.

Let's see...insulting a poster for his views by saying he is dim, yet you cannot use "your" correctly (you're), punctuate the question with a question mark, or use "there" correctly twice (their). :doh:

I cant believe how many are still so sure "most of these guys wont be here next year anyway...." This org hasnt done a single thing right in the last 2 decades, what makes anyone think they'll get it right THIS offseason?? I aint fallin for that again.. Im gonna remain skeptical and suspecious until they give us something to be positive about..

Let's see...insulting a poster for his views by saying he is dim, yet you cannot use "your" correctly (you're), punctuate the question with a question mark, or use "there" correctly twice (their). :doh:

Good catch!

Don't over look his misuse of "to" instead of "too". Surprised no one spotted that one quicker!

---------- Post added December-18th-2010 at 07:14 PM ----------

If our roster is as talent depleted as everyone says, wouldn't the locker room guys be wondering if they are even playing in the league next year?

We have wanted a coach to make tough decisions, and clean this mess up for a long time. While the McNabb situation was created under his tenure, what message do you think it sends to guys who have been here before Shanny/Allen?

I think I now know why Portis decided to start trying in practice, and pre season. He knows what Shanny is like. Too bad the other guys didn't notice.

If I were an expendable player on the roster right now, I would be saying "yes drill sargeant!"

Based on the quotes in the OP it doesn't sound divided. It sounds realistic.

Let it divide. It needs a massive overhaul anyway, and a division makes it easier to pick who stays and who goes.

With VERY few exceptions, the fans of this town should not be all that enamored of the players on this team that we should be concerned whether they stay or go. As Hall says, "what have you done for me lately" is the Standard Operating Procedure, and there's not many Redskins who can say anything positive.

I've said it all season. There's maybe a dozen guys who can be reasonably assured of a place here next year. Everyone else has to earn it.

This is rebuilding folks, no matter what the local radio clowns would have you believe. It's messy and sticky, it causes headaches, and if it's done right it works and a team climbs out of the pit.

But it takes a while.

~Bang

And my man-crush on you grows.

This whole thing just goes to show that a large portion of our fanbase is simply unpleasable. People want to be cranky and complain so they do. They refuse to see the changes being made, changes for the better.

Maybe we are worse than last year. Maybe the locker room is divided. Who cares. This is the stuff that brings about real change. Which is what this team needs anyway.

McNabb is a stinking Iggle who has ALWAYS choked. The only dumb thing about McNabb is that we traded for this Crap in the first place.

In truth, I began to question his loyalty after the Lions game. I observed a number of questionable throws. If you ask me, he came here thinking he'd get $$ and I'm certain that was his motivation. That seems to be the only reason any talented veteran in the twilight of a career comes to Washington. I hope we begin to see an infusion of youth.

First of all, WHO CARES whether or not the locker room is divided over this McNabb dealio (although I suspect the locker room really isn't really divided at all over this issue)?

Second of all, WHO CARES if we are starting Grossman tomorrow or not? Are people still thinking we are somehow going to make the playoffs or something? We are out of the playoffs, statisitcally this game doesn't mean jack (except for draft potential) and why NOT protect a QB who is still some value to us this offseason? Like I've said in other threads, I think Shanahan did what he could with how tied his hands were this past offseason. He took a gamble with McNabb hoping he wasn't over the hill and did what he could to make us competitive this year. Clearly that experiment didn't work out so well, so now we are positioning ourselves to for the best possible offseason opportunities we can.

Many see this season as a complete failure, and yes, there were lots of failures in the season. But one very big positive aspect of this season is that Shanahan is establishing the precedent that either you get with the program and perform well, or your job is on the chopping block. No matter how big your contract or the hype surrounding your "talent," if you don't perform well, buh-bye. This is very much a culture change we desperately need within our organization and it's going to make us much stronger as we begin our blow up and rebuilding process.

Have there been certain issues that could have been handled better in retrospect? Probably. But to say Shanahan is incompetent, a joke, and/or has completely mismanaged this team indicates a person's cluelessness about the big picture...IMO.

I wouldn't count on Shanny being here much longer.

Well, if we went solely off your history of predictions (and completely disregarded everyone in the "know" confirming the fact that Shanahan is here to stay) I think it's safe to say Shanahan will be here for the haul :ols:

Archived