Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's Dallas week! Keep your "tank the season" talk to youself. (Hello?!? You play to win the game!)

s0crates

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Interesting paradox, saying in the thread title to keep all tanking talk to yourself, than asking the question in a poll.

But regardless, McD5 (perpetual fail? Certain posters want to look at their own reputation), is the only person thus far using his head in this thread and looking at the bigger picture and long term future of this team over short term gratification. Those calling him and anyone else with that attitude are thinking with their hearts, and not with their head. Personally, I'm totally down with him in hoping we lose out. There's way too many holes to fill and not enough ammo for that NOT to take precedent. I was happy as Larry last Sunday with the loss and the way most of the other games went in our favour with teams below us winning,

But this is Dallas. And I can't sit there through a Redskins/ Cowboys game wanting "THEM" to win. Totally defeats the object of having a rivalry for me. For those 3 hours or so Sunday, I'll be screaming my guts out at the TV in support of the B&G. But if we lose, as I fully expect us to, rationale will quickly return, and I won't be as bothered as I would of been under normal circumstances.

As for Herm "you play to win the game" Edwards, maybe he should of told that to his players and he wouldn't now be sat doing TV work having been out of coaching the last two years after compiling a not so winning 54-74 record.

Hail.

Thanks for the kind words. You get the benefit of improving performance, seeing what we have in the younger players, and maximizing our draft options. Logic over emotion.

Socrates (and I use that term loosely), every year this comes up.

Two years ago: "Don't lose to San Fran! Who cares about picking up to 7 spots higher!!! Win this meaningless game! You aren't a real fan." Then we get Orakpo.

Last seaon: "Let's win them out, and build momentum for the future! Who cares if neither JC nor Zorn will be here next season!" And then we get Trent Williams.

It's no different this year. Like hundreds before you, you too will come to your senses as the draft approaches.

I'm starting to think you come here just to hate.

Let's look at that Cali man.

The first piece you highlighted has no connection to the the original sentence you then put up. Saying in my opinion McD was the only person thinking with his head rather than from his heart as regards the bigger picture over one game, after all the flack he was getting, has no relation to the question you highlighted about me apparently asking Elkabong to back up his stance.

I highlighted two things, not just one...you missed where I highlighted you claiming that you appreciate opposing views...then once again dismissed an opposing view (elkabong's) as, and I quote, "Completely and utterly missing the bigger picture on the current state of affairs with the Washington Redskins" without providing anything remotely resembling details about WHY you felt he did.

So let's take a look at that, GHH lol...

You first say that people claiming that we should lose out are the only people in the thread "using their heads and looking at the bigger picture and long term future of this team over short term gratification"...then, when someone responds to that assertion by going into detail as to why the opposing view is just as intelligent and valid and isn't just based on short term emotional gratification, you again dismiss it and say they "completely and utterly miss the bigger picture" concerning the Skins...I mean, damn, completely and utterly lol :ols:...there's not a single shred of evidence in your eyes that his opposing view that you claim to appreciate could hold even a smidgen of validity when it comes to how it could positively effect the Redskins in the future...to the point that you don't even feel a need TO debate it, it's that obvious, apparently lol...

As side from the fact that was the first general post of mine in the thread. WHEN Elkabong and I started talking, I openly said I would normally favor the same approach. If that's not validating the opposing view, I don't know what is.

How do you "validate" his view why also describing it as "completely and utterly missing the big picture"? And then when he goes into his position even deeper because he feels you've dismissed the opposing view yet again, you respond basically with "Great, you backed up your point, what do you want, a cookie?"...and then tell him you don't need to bother countering any of his points.

That's why I highlighted the "I appreciate opposing views" and the part that talked about only one side of this topic is using intelligence and thinking long-term...and, yes, both parts of your post were 100% relevant to my point.

Geez man, there all on the same page. It's not hard to follow, and I know your far from one who would struggle to.

I think I confused you as to how completely I truly understood your posts lol ;)...

I love the idea that winning another game or two will somehow lead to catastrophic draft results in April lol :ols:...

The draft value chart is exponentially weighed at the top of the draft.The difference between pick 4 and pick 9 is a 2nd rd. pick. A single win can mean the equivalent of losing a 2nd rd pick. Time to lose all the remaining games. Winning these games is less important than winning preseason games. In fact, it is harmful to the organization.

Would it have read better for you Cali if I'd put a disclaimer in saying "in my opinion" before the "completely and utterly missing the bigger picture" post?

The fact that I then said in the same post that under normal circumstances I'd agree totally with his view, one which I've been a strong proponent of, to give credence to that line of thinking apparently still escapes you so we'll leave it.

Splicing out of context posts from one post to another to try prove a point yet to be answered shows your either genuinely not following/misunderstanding the conversation; or are just being as obtuse and awkward as possible for the heck of it. There's still no relevance to the first highlighted part and the following quoted sentence. The second highlighted part I've answered twice to you now, but apparently this keeps escaping you so we'll put it down as getting lost in translation and move on instead of going round in circles.

Work for you?

Hail.

Thanks for the kind words. You get the benefit of improving performance, seeing what we have in the younger players, and maximizing our draft options. Logic over emotion.

Here's some logic for you: Draft picks are a crap shoot.

The NFL is littered with 'high' draft picks who never made the team, or only made the team to save face.

Beyond the first seven or eight slots, rookies rarely crack the starting line up in the year they were drafted (unless there is some gawd awful hole due to injuries or the like.)

Position in the draft isn't NEARLY as important as competent selections.

So, take your loser attitude someplace else.

I'm for winning...there are only 16 games in a season, and I'm an old man who probably won't see more than a dozen or more seasons.

Each win makes me feel good...especially against the pukes.

You really should take some Midol...:rotflmao:

---------- Post added December-15th-2010 at 12:29 PM ----------

Would it have read better for you Cali if I'd put a disclaimer in saying "in my opinion" before the "completely and utterly missing the bigger picture" post?

The fact that I then said in the same post that under normal circumstances I'd agree totally with his view, one which I've been a strong proponent of, to give credence to that line of thinking apparently still escapes you so we'll leave it.

Splicing out of context posts from one post to another to try prove a point yet to be answered shows your either genuinely not following/misunderstanding the conversation; or are just being as obtuse and awkward as possible for the heck of it. There's still no relevance to the first highlighted part and the following quoted sentence. The second highlighted part I've answered twice to you now, but apparently this keeps escaping you so we'll put it down as getting lost in translation and move on instead of going round in circles.

Work for you?

Hail.

There was nothing inaccurate in Califan's posts.

I'm starting to think you come here just to hate.

You got me. 4 years ago, I wrote down team names, and drew one out of a hat.:ols:

So anyone that values a higher draft choice over a meaningless win, hates the Skins? Thanks for clearing that up.

---------- Post added December-15th-2010 at 11:47 AM ----------

Here's some logic for you: Draft picks are a crap shoot.

The NFL is littered with 'high' draft picks who never made the team, or only made the team to save face.

Beyond the first seven or eight slots, rookies rarely crack the starting line up in the year they were drafted (unless there is some gawd awful hole due to injuries or the like.).

If you believe what you just wrote, then you want us to lose out, and make sure we are in the first seven or eight slots.

Congrats tr1. I knew if I waited long enough, I would finally see something intelligent out of you. Probably your best post ever. Even if it wasn't intentional.

OK, so now there are two threads about this, but of course mine is cooler because it has a poll and Herm Edwards hilarity.

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?341470-A-Higher-Draft-Pick-Vs.-Organizational-Momentum-(Final-Three-Games

Just kidding kleese. ;)

I can see that one is about trying to win the Dallas game, and the other is is about trying to win all three games. Either way, I think it is ridiculous that this is even a question, but judging by the number of responses in both threads, a lot of 'skins fans just are that cooky.

My position remains the same. You play to win the game!

You tankers are loony toons.

If you believe what you just wrote, then you want us to lose out, and make sure we are in the first seven or eight slots.

Congrats tr1. I knew if I waited long enough, I would finally see something intelligent out of you. Probably your best post ever. Even if it wasn't intentional.

Irony McD my good man. Intentional or not, don't ya' just love it! :cool:

There's hope for him yet. Now if we can just get him back from the dark side of the Redskins/ Cowboys divide .....

Hail.

Irony McD my good man. Intentional or not, don't ya' just love it! :cool:

There's hope for him yet. Now if we can just get him back from the dark side of the Redskins/ Cowboys divide .....

Hail.

I know you and McD5 suffer from reading comprehension, so let me make it simple:

A higher draft pick doesn't guarantee a quality player.

Now, there...is that easier to understand.

Socrates (and I use that term loosely), every year this comes up.

Two years ago: "Don't lose to San Fran! Who cares about picking up to 7 spots higher!!! Win this meaningless game! You aren't a real fan." Then we get Orakpo.

Last seaon: "Let's win them out, and build momentum for the future! Who cares if neither JC nor Zorn will be here next season!" And then we get Trent Williams.

It's no different this year. Like hundreds before you, you too will come to your senses as the draft approaches.

arggg!!!!! god damnit you just don't get it!!! I can't stand hearing 'fans' say things like this.

Don't tell me about the 49ers, who the hell are the 49ers?? Those situations are not comparable whatsoever because we are talking about the DALLAS COWBOYS.

I shouldn't have to explain further, but the OP did a good job of that for me anyway

Archived