Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's Dallas week! Keep your "tank the season" talk to youself. (Hello?!? You play to win the game!)

s0crates

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Thanks for the kind words. You get the benefit of improving performance, seeing what we have in the younger players, and maximizing our draft options. Logic over emotion.

Le me put it to you this way:

You're basically saying that once hopes for the playoffs are gone, it's time to lose every game. What that implies is once the chance of winning a Super Bowl is gone, you should just lose every game.

This past offseason, I'm sure you would have told me that there is no way we're winning the Super Bowl this year, and I would have agreed with you. So, with your logic, we should have just aimed to go 0-16, because that means we definitely get Andrew Luck.

It seems you would rather be a GM than a fan. I find it really annoying, all the people who get mad about what the Redskins do with their money/draft picks. It's none of those people's business, it's not their money. They're not the ones selecting the draft picks or making contracts, so why are you going to invest so much emotion into those decisions.? I save my emotion for the game, and when it comes to DALLASS, the emotion gets no higher. Seriously, when did the NFL become such a place where the fans think they're so involved in personnel decisions?

You can call these last 3 games worthless, cosmetic, whatever. To me, it's 3 more opportunities to watch my favorite football team play a game. Just like any time a fan watches a sport-I want them to play well, and I want them to win. After all, I waited through that brutal, long offseason just DYING to see my team on the field again. This whole thing about 'tanking' has been WAYYYYYYY overthought. We're fans. Let's root for our team to win. Period.

Oh, and for the last time, IT'S ****ING DALLAS!

Le me put it to you this way:

You're basically saying that once hopes for the playoffs are gone, it's time to lose every game. What that implies is once the chance of winning a Super Bowl is gone, you should just lose every game.

This past offseason, I'm sure you would have told me that there is no way we're winning the Super Bowl this year, and I would have agreed with you. So, with your logic, we should have just aimed to go 0-16, because that means we definitely get Andrew Luck.

It seems you would rather be a GM than a fan. I find it really annoying, all the people who get mad about what the Redskins do with their money/draft picks. It's none of those people's business, it's not their money. They're not the ones selecting the draft picks or making contracts, so why are you going to invest so much emotion into those decisions.? I save my emotion for the game, and when it comes to DALLASS, the emotion gets no higher. Seriously, when did the NFL become such a place where the fans think they're so involved in personnel decisions?

You can call these last 3 games worthless, cosmetic, whatever. To me, it's 3 more opportunities to watch my favorite football team play a game. Just like any time a fan watches a sport-I want them to play well, and I want them to win. After all, I waited through that brutal, long offseason just DYING to see my team on the field again. This whole thing about 'tanking' has been WAYYYYYYY overthought. We're fans. Let's root for our team to win. Period.

Oh, and for the last time, IT'S ****ING DALLAS!

Amen.

arggg!!!!! god damnit you just don't get it!!! I can't stand hearing 'fans' say things like this.

Don't tell me about the 49ers, who the hell are the 49ers?? Those situations are not comparable whatsoever because we are talking about the DALLAS COWBOYS.

I shouldn't have to explain further, but the OP did a good job of that for me anyway

Good post, GET EM Dirt!

I think it's sad that there is even a debate about all this. I mean there was a day and age of the Redskins Fan where no matter what the circumstances you want our team to beat Dallas. I remember growing up where if the team was doing poorly that season my dad would say "well as long as they beat Dallas this season will be ok." Personally I'd rather be 2-14 and have two wins against the Cowboys than 0-16 and have the number 1 pick. It's mind boggling that some of you would choose the latter. There is a point where pride for your team and hatred for your rival should overpower the joy of a higher draft pick. That time is now.

Where is your PASSION for the Cowboys Redskins rivalry? Is having our draft pick a few spots higher REALLY that much more satisfying to you than beating the Cowboys in a season where we've had little to cheer for?????

But alas, this is the state of the Washington Redskins fanbase. Seeing our name on the draft board up there with the Lions, Bengals, etc is what its all about to some of you, and that's sad.

BEAT DALLAS!

Hail.

Im with most of you this game means nothing in the grand scheme of things.......BUT ITS DALLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you are going to only win 2 games every season then they both have to be vs Dallas

I still wanna finish 8-8 which so I wanna win these games, but I am a realist and it is not looking good the Cowboys are coming out for revenge and we are playing like a three legged cat trying to bury turds on a frozen pond!. So it does not look good, when we play I think we can beat anybody (as our games with Eagles (first time), Texans, Cowboys, Packers, and Colts pointed out)

So while I am always rooting for the win, and I am always wanting a good showing, I just think at this point its not possible for this team to put it together.

Beat Dallas, plain and simple. Not only do I want to beat Dallas because I hate them, but it would be nice to see the team develop some continuity. As much as many people want everyone gone, there will be plenty of people returning. You can't get a whole new team. So I want to see the team play better. The only thing I hate more than losing, is losing to Dallas. So beat Dallas.

The Cowboys are certainly not playing for a "draft pick"

And there has not been one single post on our Cowboys boards to even hint at a value of loosing this game...or any game.

Just sayin

Pukes' boards are a joke.

In particular, CZ is a joke. Unless you toe the party line, you not only can't post...any post you've made gets DELETED!

:rotflmao:

It's the most pathetic fan site on the face of the earth.

And, it's moderated by a bunch of douche bags.

I'm sure you're a terrific poster over there.

:rotflmao:

Dirt reduces tanker's argument to absurdity. Nice job Dirt.
I think it's sad that there is even a debate about all this.
"That, that, that. This whole conversation bothers me." :ols:

Dear OP. Shanny would like to talk to you.:ols:
Maybe he thinks Grossman gives him the best chance to win? You gotta unleash the dragon?

Ah well, maybe not. :doh:

I really hope Shanny knows what he is doing benching McNabb this week. My gut says Shanny should have waited until after this weekend to change quarterbacks, but I guess I will just hope he knows something I do not about Sexy Rexy.

Message to Rex: Beat Dallas! You play to win the game!

Where's the "I don't care if we win or lose, I care about evaluating the team for the future" option?

It would appear thats what Shanahan is doing. Evaluating the q/b position by playing Grossman who hasn't started a game since 08.

If we win.. .great, if we lose...oh well. I need to see who's going to be my q/b for next season. Thats the mentality at this point.

Sundays game against our arch rivals is an experiment, nothing more.

I'm still hoping for a sweep but........

Eeewww, this could be ugly

Archived