Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We are not in terrible shape afterall

skins4ever17

Even though the Redskins have no chance of making the playoffs, our team has shown improvement. Just 1 game after Haynesworth is suspended, the skins D looked decent. We stopped the run and kept the team UNDER 20 POINTS. We got pressure, provided sacks, and we showed some passion and fire. Even though our record isn't impressive, now we have a chance for a top 10 draft choice. This gives us plenty of trade bait or talent. Our offensive line looked in sync. Mcnabb did not and has not looked good. Throwing under double coverage, interceptions, and poor execution. It's time to experiment- Put grossman in, try out new packages, and constantly work on the defense WITHOUT the distraction. ;) Torain looks like our #1 back. Maybe we can use portis as #2 and a blocker on pass downs There is serious hope for this team next year.

Even though the Redskins have no chance of making the playoffs, our team has shown improvement.

Just 1 game after Haynesworth is suspended, the skins D looked decent. We stopped the run and kept the team UNDER 20 POINTS.

We got pressure, provided sacks, and we showed some passion and fire.

Even though our record isn't impressive, now we have a chance for a top 10 draft choice. This gives us plenty of trade bait or talent.

Our offensive line looked in sync.

Mcnabb did not and has not looked good. Throwing under double coverage, interceptions, and poor execution.

It's time to experiment- Put grossman in, try out new packages, and constantly work on the defense WITHOUT the distraction. ;) Torain looks like our #1 back. Maybe we can use portis as #2 and a blocker on pass downs

There is serious hope for this team next year.

There is serious hope for this team next year.

There shouldn't be.

Don't be fooled. It's mentality like this that keeps us hopeful each and every August. We need to get rid of this kind of mentality and realize that we suck, 95% of our roster should be cut and we need to rebuild. This won't take one offseason, it will take several.

their offensive line was stacked with rookies and still found a way of moving the ball in the second half and scoring a game winning touchdown against a veteran D. Our offensive line went up and down the field in the first half but its interesting to note that inside the 20 TB stopped them time and again, forcing one ludicrous FG after another. Tampa were an embarassment from a general football point of view in the first half, stepped up in the second and suddenly it was all change. Leadership from our QB and coaching staff was unacceptable. The two minute drills were shambolic. I'm with tomwvr. Bring on the guillotine.

There shouldn't be.

Don't be fooled. It's mentality like this that keeps us hopeful each and every August. We need to get rid of this kind of mentality and realize that we suck, 95% of our roster should be cut and we need to rebuild. This won't take one offseason, it will take several.

winner, winner chicken damn dinner. Some will forever be used to inept mediocrity associated with this team.

May take several off seasons, but in the meantime show some damn heart and win a game like today.

We may have held them under 20 but it was also raining pretty steadily throughout the game, and that's the kind of game where you aren't going to see as pass-happy of an offense as you might in fair weather. It doesn't mean much to say we held them to 20 after Haynesworth was suspended. I'm not an Albert fanboy by any means, but correlation =/= causation.

Another post loss delusional fan. The Bucs are an overrated team who was playing in bad weather.

Our head coach is a moron and can't manage the clock.

His son is a moron who abandonded a running game that had 170 yards at half. He runs on 3rd and goal from the 10.

Our O line still sucks. Our D line still sucks. Nobody on D can catch.

We have no holder. No kicker. No linebackers.

Rocky is officially and has always been a bust. 3rd teamer at best.

Yeah, we have SO MUCH to look forward to.

As long as the senile old man and his son are here, we're doomed.

Shall I even mention Bruce Allen and the 2 picks for one year of throw it in the dirt McNabb?

Pathetic. This franchise is the laughing stock of sports teams.

In the mood to be positive so...

We actually have some very important pieces. We have a Left tackle. That's a key piece. We have a very good pass rusher (I wish choke holds were illegal in the NFL) who pressures the qb every game and OC's need to account for. We have a kr/pr. We have at minimum a very solid runner in Torrain if he can stay healthy.

So, we have some key pieces. Important hard to get pieces. That's a nice thing.

They won't be good next year either. They need to completely rebuild. The true fans will accept this move and still support them, I know I will. There's just too many holes to fill to realistically think they can be a contender. Just look at the Bucs. Ever since their SuperBowl year in '02 they've been in somewhat of a rebuilding mode. Now it looks like they got a good young QB and youth all over the team and could make the playoffs this year and be bigger contenders next year. The front office and coach should just say we're in rebuilding mode, that way the fans won't be disappointed and any success they have will be a bonus.

In the mood to be positive so...

We actually have some very important pieces. We have a Left tackle. That's a key piece. We have a very good pass rusher (I wish choke holds were illegal in the NFL) who pressures the qb every game and OC's need to account for. We have a kr/pr. We have at minimum a very solid runner in Torrain if he can stay healthy.

So, we have some key pieces. Important hard to get pieces. That's a nice thing.

Congrats on 10k posts. And you're right, those are 3 key pieces. Sadly, that's about where it stops. haha.

---------- Post added December-12th-2010 at 04:46 PM ----------

They won't be good next year either. They need to completely rebuild. The true fans will accept this move and still support them, I know I will. There's just too many holes to fill to realistically think they can be a contender. Just look at the Bucs. Ever since their SuperBowl year in '02 they've been in somewhat of a rebuilding mode. Now it looks like they got a good young QB and youth all over the team and could make the playoffs this year and be bigger contenders next year. The front office and coach should just say we're in rebuilding mode, that way the fans won't be disappointed and any success they have will be a bonus.

Exactly. And just what we were all clamoring for this last offseason. And no, instead we tried to rebuild. The best thing we did this last offseason was the purge at the beginning of the Shanahan/Allen era. We need another one of those. Purge the losers.

I'll have what he's having.

20 years 0f suck and a veteran c0aching staff and fr0nt 0ffice being br0ught in t0 right the ship, while Danny has actually backed 0ff is what I'm having and I agree with him.

I get my h0pes up every year as well, but t0days l0ss didn't even leave a bruise.

I think next year, we will field a much better team and the l0sing mentality will finally start t0 fade away.

I think there are a few bright sp0ts 0n the team and s0me seri0us talent, it just needs t0 be put t0gether better and I think it will.

no heart. No talent. No matter the QB or coach this organization is inept and rolling around in abject mediocrity.

I'm sure Bucs had us on their calender as a win. Slap us around. Bloody our nose. Stay within reach and watch our Skins wilt away. As all teams do against our Skins.

Sad crap.

Ever since their SuperBowl year in '02 they've been in somewhat of a rebuilding mode.

This couldn't be more wrong The Bucs didn't start any rebuilding project until 2009, when they cleaned house in the Front Office.

14 of their 22 starters were drafted or acquired via Free Agency the past 2 years.

You are either rebuilding or you are not. And when you go full on rebuild, it doesn't have to take half a decade to have results.

20 years 0f suck and a veteran c0aching staff and fr0nt 0ffice being br0ught in t0 right the ship, while Danny has actually backed 0ff is what I'm having and I agree with him.

I get my h0pes up every year as well, but t0days l0ss didn't even leave a bruise.

I think next year, we will field a much better team and the l0sing mentality will finally start t0 fade away.

I think there are a few bright sp0ts 0n the team and s0me seri0us talent, it just needs t0 be put t0gether better and I think it will.

I hope you will get it fixed. That sucks. But man your explanation is so damn hilarious. I needed a laugh hope you don't mind.

We need at least 2-3 full drafts to turnover the team. I just hope the redskins STICK with Shanny and don't over-react with the coaching staff and front office by firing them.

This is the price we have to pay for the Decade long mess that vinny/snyder left behind

Archived