Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

We are not in terrible shape afterall

skins4ever17

Currently:

Terrible-----------horrible------------bad------------avg---------------good--------------Excellent

__________________________/\_______________________________________

And although it appears the future direction is creeping this way: <---------

I honestly think this off-season and staff will get it going this way: ---------->

The team really does need to be blown up. They need a fire sale in the worst way possible. The only identity this team has is a losing culture. It is ingrained in the players. you cannot simply just snuff that out with stop gap players, you need to jettison the base and start fresh.

Now I have said things in the past like BLOW IT THE **** UP OMG!!!1!!11!!! ... but I truly believe that for this team to be a functioning and cohesive unit, we need to start fresh with a lot of young players who are willing to grow together. not a vanguard of older players who have made losing a career.

The team really does need to be blown up. They need a fire sale in the worst way possible. The only identity this team has is a losing culture. It is ingrained in the players. you cannot simply just snuff that out with stop gap players, you need to jettison the base and start fresh.

Now I have said things in the past like BLOW IT THE **** UP OMG!!!1!!11!!! ... but I truly believe that for this team to be a functioning and cohesive unit, we need to start fresh with a lot of young players who are willing to grow together. not a vanguard of older players who have made losing a career.

The real reason we suck is that our owner is a fan like you. He gets frustrated and impatient and keeps "BLOWING IT THE **** UP OMG!11!1!11" Instead, if we had just stuck with a single system of the past decade, we'd be in solid shape right now.

The real reason we suck is that our owner is a fan like you. He gets frustrated and impatient and keeps "BLOWING IT THE **** UP OMG!11!1!11" Instead, if we had just stuck with a single system of the past decade, we'd be in solid shape right now.

No, this team hasn't been "blown up". Portis and Moss are still here. PD is still here. Cooley has been here for a good while now.

The only thing that gets blown up is the QB position and the line over and over.

Stephen Heyer has been here. Should we stick with his system? Or Reed Doughty's? Or the Rocky McIntosh show? We've stuck with plenty of losers for too long.

The real talent is not blowing up a team, but finding real talent to build around. We haven't done that in 19 years.

I don't know what you mean by "fan like me". A realistic one? You feel that the core of this team is not tainted? Of course we have all had that, OMG FIRE EVERYONE!! moment. I do not think we have ever actually done it except on a minor scale this year when Shanahan came in and got rid of 10 people or so. What my - opinion - is, is that the team needs a true overhaul from the ground up. Not a stick in a new qb or stick in a new rb move. We need to reinstill a culture of winning in the franchise. I do not feel we can do that with the current roster. these guys have played hard and never won anything. Hell, they have been mediocre at best. From THERE you put a system in you want to use for the next decade.

I agree with this. Of course, now we're starting new and Portis, Moss, Cooley, etc. might not be a part of that vision. I think we need to bring in a new identity at this point. I like some of the younger players we have so I'm not advocating blowing up the 2010 roster up...just finishing the blow up of the 2005 roster!

I agree with this. Of course, now we're starting new and Portis, Moss, Cooley, etc. might not be a part of that vision. I think we need to bring in a new identity at this point. I like some of the younger players we have so I'm not advocating blowing up the 2010 roster up...just finishing the blow up of the 2005 roster!

Thats what I meant about the "core" of the team.

I should clarify my point. If we could just stick with a single system (or philosophy or identity) for awhile, we'd be in far better shape. We stuck with Gregg Williams defense for several years and it was solid. Changing to a 3-4 defense was a big set back. Yes, it's a fine defense, but it will take several years to find all the right pieces.

The problems are more pronounced on offense. Norv ran a power running/play-action/deep passing game. Then we switch to Marty ball, then to Spurrier and his crazy offense that didn't include pass protection, then to Gibbs who had to build a road-pathing offensive line, then to Zorn who switched to traditional west coast offense, then to Shanahan's ZBS. Ugh! Just stick with one system! You can only change over two or three players to your offense or defense a year!

It's not the coaching changes that are the problem, exactly. Changing from Williams to Blache didn't produce a dramatic change in defense and we were able to maintain a high level of play. [Of course, Cerrato had his own ideas of how to run a defense and gave Blache players that he didn't want or would fit. Jason Taylor???] The problem is constantly changing systems. Conversely, Philly, New England, and Indy have been running the same systems for a decade and effectively just plugging the holes as needed.

So, my apologies if "blow it up" meant only another big change-over to the roster. Yes, we'll surely turn over 30% of a roster again. Let's just keep the coaches, systems, and philosophy in place and be patient with it.

Another post loss delusional fan. The Bucs are an overrated team who was playing in bad weather.

Our head coach is a moron and can't manage the clock.

His son is a moron who abandonded a running game that had 170 yards at half. He runs on 3rd and goal from the 10.

Our O line still sucks. Our D line still sucks. Nobody on D can catch.

We have no holder. No kicker. No linebackers.

Rocky is officially and has always been a bust. 3rd teamer at best.

Yeah, we have SO MUCH to look forward to.

As long as the senile old man and his son are here, we're doomed.

Shall I even mention Bruce Allen and the 2 picks for one year of throw it in the dirt McNabb?

Pathetic. This franchise is the laughing stock of sports teams.

AMEN... I love our fans...but jeez these gys know how to polish a turd!!!!

Archived