Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BleachReport: Could Cowboys Be a Superbowl Contender in 2011?

tr1

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/533019-dallas-cowboys-could-cowboys-be-a-superbowl-contender-in-2011

OK so the 2010 season isn't even over yet, but a crazy thought has been running through my head.

Could the 3-8 Dallas Cowboys be a Super Bowl contender in 2011?

So far the Cowboys have been convincing since Wade Phillips departure, and that's been without Tony Romo sits to pee.

What's the likelihood they can contend next year?

When the Cowboys first announced their interim coach, I thought they were insane.

Jason Garrett was a part of the problem, not the solution!

Three games into his head coaching career, I'm getting close to feeling like an idiot, but I'm not quite there yet.

Garrett has convinced these players to fight for him, something Wade Phillips was unable to do.

That right there is impressive within itself.

And the fact of the matter is, the Cowboys are 2-1 since he took over, with that one loss coming by a field goal to the defending Super Bowl champions.

A game the Cowboys more than likely would have won if Roy Williams could hold onto the ball.

The Cowboys have all the talent they need, and now they're playing as a cohesive, inspired unit and look darn good.

The Cowboys have experienced their latest success without the aid of quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee.

It will be interesting what Garrett has in store for Romo sits to pee when he returns next year.

I know that Romo sits to pee haters will be quick to say that Kitna is the reason the Cowboys are playing well, but does anyone really believe that?

Yeah, Kitna has done well, but Romo sits to pee is better.

This year Dez Bryant has already found the end zone eight times.

Six through the air, and twice on punt returns.

DeMarcus Ware is finally playing with some inspiration.

Miles Austin simply continues to play incredible.

This team has the young talent to contend for years, and don't forget they are going to likely get a top 10 draft choice to add to that core though the draft.

Hate him or love him, Jerry Jones has an open wallet.

Which means if the Cowboys have a deficiency somewhere, Jones will be willing to pay to fill that hole.

Jones is too involved with his team, but at least he is willing to spend when he needs to.

Now, I'm realistic. I doubt the Cowboys will win the Super Bowl next year, but wouldn't be surprised to see them in the playoffs.

The talent is there, and now the effort is there. The 2011 season is a long ways away, but things are already looking up for the 'Boys.

---------- Post added December-4th-2010 at 09:17 AM ----------

Oh, yeah.

I hope they don't change a thing...

The just have SO MUCH TALENT...:rotflmao:

:rolleyes:

They are a contender every year, because their fans and medie (I know I'm being redundant) say so. Proof isn't necessary, just hype. I actually had a friend of mine say after the opening loss to the skins that he was even more convinced the cowboys were the best team in the league this year. He didn't admit they were done until Romo sits to pee go hurt. What's funny is that Kitna has won twice as many games as Romo sits to pee this year, even though they were already on their way to being 1-5.

If you look at this from a different perspective, and I am not offering excuses here, but this is almost a form of brainwashing. Every year the media types proclaim the pukes SB contenders. The fans read and hear about it every year and start to believe the hype machine. For the common fan, kind of like falling pray to the advertising campaign and not able to change the channel away from the infomercial.

That said, I was not completely serious above with the brainwashing comment, just offering an interesting different look at the constant media hype. Consistently hawking a product that may or may not be any good.

Media says, Me love me some cowboys, after myself of course.

bde2bcd2c0bac7f52799kimyeji09vy6.gif

---------- Post added December-4th-2010 at 10:27 AM ----------

B/R is allowing a blogger to post opinions written as articles, this is nothing but one homers opinion, he even sports a Nebraska T in his picture.

About Andrew

I am currently in my junior year at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln as a journalism major. I have been writing at B/R for almost two years now and am currently an intern, as well as a featured columnist, for them.

The Bleacher Report Featured Columnist program spotlights the top writers on the site and offers consistent real estate on team pages.

Here’s how you can benefit from the Featured Columnist program:

You’d receive consistent column real estate on the respective team page you are applying for. This will include a headshot of you or a user logo/symbol. Multiple columnists will be featured on the team page with the most recently filed columns receiving top billing.

You’d gain increased traffic and exposure to readers on the B/R community through consistent placement on the team page and increased opportunities to appear on league pages and home pages.

You’d have the opportunity for increased syndication opportunities through B/R and its content partners (CBSSports.com, FoxSports.com, SportsIllustrated.com, The Telegraph, USA Today, and many more).

You’d receive increased attention from the B/R editorial team which will include suggested column topics, writing critiques and feedback.

In select cases, you’d be eligible to secure media credentials to attend live games of the designated team.

You’d have the ability to add Featured Columnist for a major national sports website to your resume, complete with supporting references from B/R editorial employees.

The first two have more creditbale "sources" than Florio's operation?

Hail.

Did you read that bio on the writer though? I mean that sounds as credible as anyone here on ES. I took Journalism in college, should I write Skins articles for the BR?

Oh my the Redskins are getting pounded by the national media this year, but wait until they go out and sign every single available F/A this offseason, championship! (could have had this published five years in a row a few of seasons ago, sound similar?)

sign.jpg

So basically the best hope is for Jerruh to either sell the franchise, or hire a competent GM?

Hail.

Exactly right.

He will not address these needs because he will not draft an OL in the first round (Which as of now none fall into that category where we will be picking). He also has not spent on anything in Free Agency is a long while. Leonard Davis was our last big splash. We signed nobody in 2010 and only signed Sensabaugh in 2009. Likely will not address any of these needs and he will continue to see our o-line and our run game falter.

If Dallas gets a legit Right Tackle, Right Guard, Free Safety, Strong Safety and another Inside Linebacker then yes they can be.

Until they address those needs then no, they won't be a contender in 2011.

I think you need two CBs, a qb and a legit starting rb, too.

So, good luck...Jerruh is a TERRIFIC general manager.

:rotflmao:

Well, the pukes beating the Colts just SEALS THE DEAL!

Please, Jerruh, sign the red head today...he might get away!

Oh, and your personnel is absolutely perfect...no need to change a thing.

There's NOTHING wrong with your defense, o-line or rbs.

They still are very talented on offense. Their defense has a lot of holes, especially in the secondary. Jenkins seems to have taken over Newman's role of the last eight or seasons as being named "one of the best corners in the league" although visual evidence shows otherwise.

The problem is, too much media is making the statement based off of the win over the Colts, when everyone could see this Colts team was not the same Colts team as recent years. They were way to beat up on offense, yet still put up 35 points on that Cowboys defense that was supposed to be one of the best in the league.

It reminds of last season when The Cowboys beatdown an Eagles team that basically hobbled into the playoffs, a shattered and broken team, and with that win, the sports media was declaring that now because of that win, the Cowboys had gotten over the hump and ready to conquer the NFC.....

They still are very talented on offense.

Really? No one in their backfield is scary. Felix was asked to gain weight, and he lost a step. Barber was never really special...and Choice is a dime-a-dozen back.

Romo sits to pee was 1-7 when he was injured. He may shine at times, but he's a turn-over machine who doesn't like to be touched.

That o-line is a joke. Free is not a very good tackle. The rest of them are old and can't run block...mostly because they've all slowed down.

Austin has talent. Dez has hype. And, Roy will be looking for a job next spring.

And, Witten is entering fossil status.

Archived