Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Fox News headline of Obama’s kids book draws criticism

Hunter44

If only I'd used a better example of overwhelming liberal media bias making a crisis out of something that isn't there, like George Bush's inability to pronounce certain words correctly or the George Allen "racial slur."

Really? You mean George Bush didn't have a funny way of saying "nucular"?

Good thing nobody made jokes about Jimmy Carter or Bill Clinton, huh?

But don't worry. I'm certain that your third attempt to find something you can use, in your continued attempts to justify an intentional, politically-motivated, smear will be better than your first two.

And you are also forgetting that this "one inconsequential blunder" was just part of an entire pattern of similar blunders, blunders that only ended once the McCain campaign stopped letting her do unscripted interviews at all. She didn't have a clue about any national issues, except maybe energy policy. She was a horrible, horrible choice, and the really sad part about it is that there were so many other better choices out there even if the GOP had decided that they needed a woman on the ticket.

You're right, but she was especially criticized for this one, more so than any other. We never heard the end of it. I'd be interested to hear who you think would have been a good female GOP candidate. The only other real contender I could think of its Meg Whitman, and I can't stand her. I'm almost glad she lost the race in CA.

The Bush stuff was unfair, and I disagreed with it at the time.

George Allen, on the other hand, definitely was making an ethnic slur. There is absolutely no other plausible explanation for what happened.

The thing is that nobody knew what maccaca meant when he said it. Few even knew it could be considered a racial slur. The news programs the next day were trying to define it. Plus, it didn't make him a racist, which is what the left portrayed him to be.

Really? You mean George Bush didn't have a funny way of saying "nucular"?
He didn't pronounce it the way you're "supposed to," if that's what you're getting at. My point is that it had no reflection on his intelligence.
But don't worry. I'm certain that your third attempt to find something you can use, in your continued attempts to justify an intentional, politically-motivated, smear will be better than your first two
. Well the first one still seems pretty clear, but the problem is that it has been debated almost into another thread just like the example this thread was created on. It's really pretty funny that you honestly think the left doesn't attempt to smear the right.

CF, once again your one-sided view of things is apparent. Ask Howard Dean how fair the press treated him the the "Dean Scream". And he didn't even SAY anything stupid, his voice just cracked as he attempted to rally the troops. Ask Al Gore, mocked to this day as the inventor of the internet (and a dozen other unfair smears). Bill Clinton, John Kerry, John Edwards, all mocked for untrue or unfair stories about haircuts. Or Hillary and her cleavage. Or just about every politician of all stripes. But you only see the ones you want to see.

The George Allen thing was unfortunate. I don't think he's a bad guy at all. But that was horrifically stupid and unquestionably racist. Zero chance he calls a white kid "maccaca".

He didn't pronounce it the way you're "supposed to," if that's what you're getting at.

He didn't pronounce it correctly. But nice try at your attempt to argue that correctly pronouncing the word "nuclear" is some kind of arbitrary, artificial, standard that's just unreasonable to hold Presidential candidates to.

My point is that it had no reflection on his intelligence.

Your point was to try to claim that a news organization's attempt to manufacture a scandal when there wasn't one, is somehow justified, because the big, bad, media made fun of poor W's mis-speaks.

Guess what? Gerald Ford occasionally slipping, or bumping his head, while getting in or out of aircraft had no reflection on his intelligence, either. Neither did Nixon's shifty eyes and floppy jowls. Or the fact that Ronald Reagan once made a movie with a chimp. Or that Jimmy Carter came from a small town, talked funny, and had a drunk brother. Or that Bush 1 had big ears. Or that Bill Clinton sounded like a doofus when he spoke, and came from Arkansas.

Making fun of the President, gets ratings.

Which kind of disposes of your attempt to claim that people making fun of the fact that W looked like Alfred E. Newman was proof of the vast left-wing media conspiracy to Smear All Republicans.

It's really pretty funny that you honestly think the left doesn't attempt to smear the right.

I think it's pretty pathetic that, when confronted with evidence of a news organization deliberately engaging in propaganda, that . . .

1) Your reaction is to try to defend it.

2) You attempt to defend it by claiming that other people do it. (Thus asserting that it's wrong when the other people do it.)

3) And you can't even come up with a case where the other people do it.

So how long ago did Fox News become a caricature of itself? I mean back in the day it was right leaning but pretty reliable/balanced, then came then point where they shifted a little more and people began to mock them, but at what point did they just say "screw it! we're going full retard!" and give up any attempt at neutrality?

Same day as CNN ABC CBS and MSNBC o wait they did way before fox news did

Same day as CNN ABC CBS and MSNBC o wait they did way before fox news did

So Fox news DID.

First I've heard of that in this thread.

Finally one of you righties admit it's a propaganda network with no concern for you or your country other than what their agenda pushes.

Huzzah!

~Bang

Since I defended you earlier, now I'll criticize... In the history of the U.S. is there a President that hasn't been mocked, ridiculed or become a character in a satire?

Heck, the first political cartoons in the United States occured before there ever was a United States in 1754. So, even before we were a sovereign nation we were making fun of our sovereigns. Having thin skin because someone made fun of a President's diction... not even the PC police are that sensative.

He didn't pronounce it correctly. But nice try at your attempt to argue that correctly pronouncing the word "nuclear" is some kind of arbitrary, artificial, standard that's just unreasonable to hold Presidential candidates to.

Your point was to try to claim that a news organization's attempt to manufacture a scandal when there wasn't one, is somehow justified, because the big, bad, media made fun of poor W's mis-speaks.

Guess what? Gerald Ford occasionally slipping, or bumping his head, while getting in or out of aircraft had no reflection on his intelligence, either. Neither did Nixon's shifty eyes and floppy jowls. Or the fact that Ronald Reagan once made a movie with a chimp. Or that Jimmy Carter came from a small town, talked funny, and had a drunk brother. Or that Bush 1 had big ears. Or that Bill Clinton sounded like a doofus when he spoke, and came from Arkansas.

Making fun of the President, gets ratings.

Which kind of disposes of your attempt to claim that people making fun of the fact that W looked like Alfred E. Newman was proof of the vast left-wing media conspiracy to Smear All Republicans.

I think it's pretty pathetic that, when confronted with evidence of a news organization deliberately engaging in propaganda, that . . .

2) You attempt to defend it by claiming that other people do it. (Thus asserting that it's wrong when the other people do it.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Carter_rabbit_incident

CF, once again your one-sided view of things is apparent. Ask Howard Dean how fair the press treated him the the "Dean Scream". And he didn't even SAY anything stupid, his voice just cracked as he attempted to rally the troops. Ask Al Gore, mocked to this day as the inventor of the internet (and a dozen other unfair smears). Bill Clinton, John Kerry, John Edwards, all mocked for untrue or unfair stories about haircuts. Or Hillary and her cleavage. Or just about every politician of all stripes. But you only see the ones you want to see.

The George Allen thing was unfortunate. I don't think he's a bad guy at all. But that was horrifically stupid and unquestionably racist. Zero chance he calls a white kid "maccaca".

How am I one-sided if I've already said that Fox has an agenda? It's obvious they do. My argument is that they are not part of a Wehrmachtbericht conspiracy like Bang thinks.

The Dean Scream was unfairly harped upon, but it was one of the funniest moments in politics ever. Al Gore DID claim he invented the internet. And I know that at least Edwards really did spend $400 on a haircut. If MSNBC reported it....

People with strong Southern accents sometimes physically cannot pronounce words like the dictionary says they're supposed to be.
Congratulations. You just proved my point for me. It's on both sides, yes, even the sacred left.

I think it's pathetic that you take out your hatred of conservatism on a news organization and have convinced yourself that they are a propaganda machine. They have a very, very strong conservative slant, but they're not trying to brainwash our youth. I've already provided examples of when "the other people do it." You helped me out by listing several others.

I'm not even sure anymore what Chicken Fried is trying to argue here.

The fact that the mainstream media has made fun of all Presidents at times somehow justifies the relentless, obvious, and sometimes dishonest one way bias that Fox places on its "news?" I don't find that argument very compelling, myself.

Archived