Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Fox News headline of Obama’s kids book draws criticism

Hunter44

Ah yes, rather than anyone actually say that what Fox has done here is wrong, we'll just play the "left media is bad" angle.

New day, same excusing.

~Bang

I personally never said what they report is right.

It's the emotional brainwashing diatribe that comes off as trite.

I am not a lemming. And if Fox News had such power, Obama would have never been elected.

Lets just have one Fox News is biased thread. ;)

I want Conservatives to hold their media to a higher standard. You can have a "Conservative" media that is an honest media. Frankly, do you think it's that hard to find legitimate reasons to be frustrated and angry about what the Democrats in Congress or the White House are doing!!!

Personally I think both sides fail to hold media to a higher standard.

But that's just me.

Ah yes, rather than anyone actually say that what Fox has done here is wrong, we'll just play the "left media is bad" angle.

New day, same excusing.

~Bang

Is what they have done wrong?

Objectionable certainly,but wrong?

I think the most interesting part of this discussion is what I already mentioned, the Tea Party. I believe that America was truly angry at the Obama administration and wanted to stop what he was doing. The left tries to explain it away by saying Fox News brainwashed the right into protesting and creating anger where there should be support. If the right ever does anything that makes them look good, the left can always revert to Fox News being its corrupt source.

I think the most interesting part of this discussion is what I already mentioned, the Tea Party. I believe that America was truly angry at the Obama administration and wanted to stop what he was doing. The left tries to explain it away by saying Fox News brainwashed the right into protesting and creating anger where there should be support. If the right ever does anything that makes them look good, the left can always revert to Fox News being its corrupt source.

You think the most interesting part of this discussion was the only thing that was completely off topic. Did Obama mention the Tea Party in his kiddy book? Was it part of the FOX story? Did it have to do with Native Americans or United States Generals?

Hilarious. Still though it can't touch "terrorist fist jab"

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_vmQrTi3aM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_vmQrTi3aM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

What confuses me is that Fox News think that killing an evil person who murdered thousands of innocent Native Americans fighting for their homeland and not being forced to live in rough conditions is savage and barbaric and unAmerican. What's unAmerican is somebody taking the rights of individuals and their freedom away. That is General Custer.

I don't think FOX cares. They were just looking for an excuse to criticize and make Obama look bad. The point of the article wasn't the news, but the fulfillment of the agenda. The five W's are just trivialities that get in the way.
And they know their audience. As others have noted, Fox followers neither expect nor care about accurate reporting as long as it's pleasing to them.

I get annoyed at the culture of misinformation promoted by FOX. Over the weekend, I was asked "as a local liberal" how I felt about Obama spending 250 million a day one his trip to Asia. When asked where they heard that, they said "Fox new because they're the only ones who will tell us the crap he does with our money." I had to bite my tongue to keep from telling him he should have stopped at "crap."

It's Fox that whips up talk of "death panels" as yet another evil the liberals are going to force on us. Never mind what they said being a complete farce of misinformation. Never mind that it was referring to an idea from a republican taken in and incorporated. I personally blame FOX for a lot of mistakes in the process of getting our healthcare bill passed. Their coverage whipped up a furor making much needed rational conversations difficult to impossible to have. For example, a few of my friends didn't go to the town hall meetings because they expected just a shouting match because Fox was telling everyone to yell down the speakers. Then when they did, FOX would pat itself on the shoulder and say "See this is great ratings. As a bonus, we empowered people!"

Encouraging people to shout down rather than listen and discuss equaling empowerment is an idea foreign to me.

I don't think Terry Shaivo is a name we know without FOX. Out of a need to say something to their base, I think a lot of politicians ended up taking a side they would rather not have been forced to take.

In short (too late), I don't find what Fox has added to the political discourse to be a net positive, and that comes not from the liberal side of me, but rather from the side of me taught to try and understand why people come to differing conclusions so as to better find solutions or common ground. But that's just me.

Would Custer have been defeated w/o him? :)...I say no

Bang propaganda is not bad ,nor evil in and of itself.

Oh, i see. In a way you're right.. a birthday card is propaganda designed to incite a smile in someone celebrating their birthday.

But since I assumed we were adults here and it was understood the type of propaganda we're talking about, I find it ridiculous that you fall back to this to try and defend a point you don't have.

So, I am guessing by this latest little nonsense blurb you'd say that taking an innocent story and twisting it to cause maximum anger and outrage is the good kind of propaganda:.. because heaven knows you'd never ever ever criticize something that Fox did or the right in general.

When you are stuck for words to defend their actions, you typically just sit back and type these tiny little posts with ambiguous questions or crypitc phrases that are supposed to be thought provoking. They're not, especially in a case like this when what was attempted is so obviously wrong. You come off like a spoiled kid, saying anything at all in order to not admit that you did what got your daddy mad.

What Burgold wrote earlier is spot on. When the lib side Fs up, the lefties on this site typically condemn it. When the Con side Fs up, most of the cons say nothing as we see here, and the few that do look for every way possible to weasel the conversation back to why they believe the left is bad, but never will they ever admit that what they're seeing from their side is wrong.

Obviously, their propaganda works. And also obvious, you want it to work, and you don't care what the consequence is to the American people, so long as they vote R.That is all that matters, and that is to be achieved by any means necessary, since it seems like every means they use is accepted and encouraged by their ranks, regardless of how dishonest it may be. Some of them actually sit back and suggest that propaganda is innocent in nature, when historically we know full well it's not, especially when applied to politics.

But, again as I've said before. It's not a right/ left issue.

It's a right / wrong issue. Unfortunately, the right in this country is conditioned to expect they're always right, and the left is always wrong, which is why Fox doesnt even care how badly they twist things up, they know you suckers will swallow it anyway.

They blatantly and arrogantly manipulate you to push their agenda, and as you said, make money. Y'all happily line up and pay your whore, no matter what sweet nonsense she whispers in your ear. It's accepted without question, and if ever there is a question, the questioner is castigated as not being a team player, and cast out.

Wrong is wrong. And this sort of manipulation is wrong, plain and simple.

~Bang

Obama should be doing more important things than being involved, at any level at all, in the writing of a children's book. He's the president of the United States.

EDIT: They should be devoting all resources to fixing our debt. Kids have enough history books already. This one isn't going to be any better.

With how he has handled everything he has touched in the government, I hope he writes 100 more books. The less time he spends damaging the country while President the better.

Go on more vacations;

Play more golf;

write more books;

Just quietly leave office in about 2 years.

You think the most interesting part of this discussion was the only thing that was completely off topic. Did Obama mention the Tea Party in his kiddy book? Was it part of the FOX story? Did it have to do with Native Americans or United States Generals?

All you've been doing for 2 pages is bashing Fox News as propaganda. I'm giving my explanation as to why. The Tea Party is an example.

With how he has handled everything he has touched in the government, I hope he writes 100 more books. The less time he spends damaging the country while President the better.

Go on more vacations;

Play more golf;

write more books;

Just quietly leave office in about 2 years.

Yeah man, I agree. I just don't agree about taking more vacations because we all know how much they cost. Remember the Copenhagen posse? What a massive waste of money.

All you've been doing for 2 pages is bashing Fox News as propaganda. I'm giving my explanation as to why. The Tea Party is an example.

Perhaps, from your perspective... but that is the subject of the thread. The subject is FOX's take on President Obama's childrens' book or about the book itself. Bringing in the Tea Party is a distractive tactic... it's an attempt to say... but, but, but, but, they do it too rather than honestly taking on the subject at hand pros or cons.

Archived