Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Are some of the players lacking heart?(Meged)

brettstr

I am not sure whether or not anyone else has noticed, but from what I have seen in players, especially offensive ( THE WHOLE LINE, Santana, Galloway and others) have not shown a fiery side when facing good,mediocre and bad teams. It appears Santana runs with fear of being hit.

If you looked into the eyes of some of the defensive players on Monday, they seemed to be afraid of facing Vick. Their hearts were handed to them on that first play. When was the last time anyone here see the skins afraid of Vick?

Can we expect the same when facing other good opponents like the Giants? If so, it will not be hard to calculate wins for the rest of the season.

Where are the Warriors?

Hail

I could almost (ALMOST) understand Santana going through the motions at this point. The team has essentially wasted his career by failing to ever give him a legit counterpart at WR. Cooley has helped some obviously, but I think in a few years we will look back and realize how unforgivable it was to waste a talent like Santana (absolute game breaker) by making him the default #1 WR.

if he could have been a slot guy or even a #2, he would have gone to several Pro Bowls here I believe.

- I think most of today's players due lack some of the characteristics that brought them to this level. I wouldn't necessarily say they lack "heart" but most, not all, do not take losses as hard as we fans do or like the old school players did. This all boils down to MONEY.

- My old college roommate is a player rep, and some of the stories that he has shared have definitely made me think twice about losing sleep after a tough loss...

So are we to assume that the face of this team does NOT reflect the hard nose Mike S? If so how can that be? We all believed that Mike S. teams ALWAYS come prepared to play hard nosed ball. WTF have we been seeing. Pansy ball and who is RESPONSIBLE for that? Find Him or Her and show them the door so these boys can get their scrotums back...GEEEZZZ

We don't lack heart we lack talent.

Sadly, I have to agree.

I don't know if there's a phrase that I'm more sick of hearing than "Well, at least we're playing with heart." Hear it every season, whether it be Shotty, the OBC, Gibbs, Zorn, etc.

Can we construct a team so we can get some damn wins?

x2. I don't want to derail the thread, but a story or two would definitely be related to the topic at hand.

- Sure I'll give u one...non related to the Skins because he doesn't rep any Skins.....

- So my brother is a die-hard Chargers fan, and I mean DIE-HARD. My bud hooked up us last year and we went out to SD for the Chargers/Jets playoff game. We went to the game, walked on the field during pre-game etc...we were also going to a so-called "Victory Party" after the game. The Chargers obviously lost and lost pretty bad to an ok Jets team. My bro was pretty p'od and really didn't feel like going to the party. Well, went we got to the party and saw what we saw, we wondered why on earth do we even care so much when its obvious that some of these players could careless HOURS after a PLAYOFF loss....it just made us think twice when we want to throw the TV out the window on Sunday's....

Maybe, it seems our most talented players like AH lack heart, and our players with big hearts like Rabach lack talent. We have the worst of both worlds.

Lol exactly which sucks. Just seems like this team gets knocked out too fast, they hardly ever take a punch and give one back right away. Once a team strikes we freeze up but everything is good when we are rolling. Overall you gotta want to punish the bad teams and compete with the good teams, we rarely do this...

Lol exactly which sucks. Just seems like this team gets knocked out too fast, they hardly ever take a punch and give one back right away. Once a team strikes we freeze up but everything is good when we are rolling. Overall you gotta want to punish the bad teams and compete with the good teams, we rarely do this...

You ARE CORRECT DING>>DING>>>>DING>>DING. GIVE THAT MAN SEASON TICKETS

Did anyone watch the sidelines scene Monday Night where McNabb brought offense together to give them a pep talk? (Fletcher did one with the D earlier). I couldn't help but notice Casey Rabach. He was standing up and his head was turned away from Mc Nabb. He appeared uninterested. When DMc called for everyone to put their hands together, Rabach did so-but he never faced his teammates and seemed aloof. And this is one of the Captains. IMO Casey Rabach is only good for at least one holding penalty a game.

Frankly, I think the offense did show heart the other night by trying to fight back after the devastation of the first quarter.

We got two quick scores on big plays, and opened the second half with a nice drive, and if we recover the fumble on the ensuing kickoff, could have gotten the game back to almost reasonable.

I think defensively we had a poor scheme, and that reflects that there is no answer to the problem that is Michael Vick. He is most definitely all that, and a big box of cookies.

We didn't put any pressure on him in hopes of keeping him behind the line of scrimmage and throwing.. unfortunately his throws were fantastic, and his receivers found the gaps in the zones. How many passes did Avant catch with what looked like 4 defenders in a box around him? He found the openings and Vick hit him before the defense could react to his being there.

i think part of our poor scheme has to do with the necessity of having Landry spy Vick, which removes him from all other plays, and even when Vick did take off, Landry (or anyone else) couldn't catch up to him.

Once Landry is out of the play by just watching one man, the liability that is Kareem Moore and Reed Doughty is magnified.

Those guys are killing the defense.. even when Landry is not spying it's like playing with ten men, and on Monday we had 9. They simply can't count on Moore or Doughty to make a play. (Although to be fair, Doughty's special teams play has really gotten better,, he had a very good game this week on kick coverages.)

Some guys might lack heart,, AH looks like a prime candidate, but I also think that other guys have it in abundance, and regardless of how they might behave after a game, they do care.

A few stories of them having a good time after a loss.. look, it's their job just like yours. You telling me that if you have a bad day at work, you can't go out and have some laughs afterwards? Sure you can.

And so can they.

~Bang

Great post, Bang. We have to consider that perhaps Shanny was taking notes on who did play hard and who didn't once things were out of hand. He may not be able to get rid of them at this moment, not everything is a quick fix, especially in the middle of a season, but in time perhaps.

Frankly, I think the offense did show heart the other night by trying to fight back after the devastation of the first quarter.

We got two quick scores on big plays, and opened the second half with a nice drive, and if we recover the fumble on the ensuing kickoff, could have gotten the game back to almost reasonable.

I don't disagree here. However, let's take a look to see who fought with heart. McNabb, who no one can question the guys heart at the very least, Anthony Armstrong, Keiland Williams, Chris Cooley, Fred Davis, Darrel Young. Most of those guys are young guys trying to prove their worth. They aren't the guys we need to have heart.

I think defensively we had a poor scheme, and that reflects that there is no answer to the problem that is Michael Vick.

Can't disagree with you more. He has not done to anyone else what he did to us. Poor scheme, as you acknowledged, poor heart, poor execution... Poor everything. Yes, Vick is good. And our D is bad.

i think part of our poor scheme has to do with the necessity of having Landry spy Vick, which removes him from all other plays, and even when Vick did take off, Landry (or anyone else) couldn't catch up to him.

Why is it a necessity to spy Vick when Landry couldn't keep up with him anyways? Vick killed us through the air much more than he did on the ground. How about we try to defend the pass a little bit?

Archived