Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you were the Head Coach of this team after last night....what would YOU do today?

@DCGoldPants

You weren't completely off your rocker until you got here. No way the NFLPA allows this.

I'm not going to enforce it. It will be a spoken agreement that each player chooses to agree on and carry out on their own. They will pay the money on their own to a charity of their choice. The point is being accountable.

I'm not going to enforce it. It will be a spoken agreement that each player chooses to agree on and carry out on their own. They will pay the money on their own to a charity of their choice. The point is being accountable.

oh, I think its a great idea. I just don't see it happening. Although, you could leak it to the media that you suggested it to the players and see which ones sack up and do it, but that also is a very quick way to drive your team apart.

First, I would make no changes based on emotion (like most posters are inclined to do). Review the film and consider making any personnel changes that would help the team. Unfortunately, there's virtually no one available out there that would be an upgrade. And suggestions like moving Lichtensteiger to center fail to take into account that he would then be responsible for calling the blocking assignments. Since he doesn't seem to know who he's supposed to block, how can he tell anyone else who to block?

Call Haslett and Kyle in my offense go over the mistakes.

I would suggest that Haslett be more aggressive.

I would tell Kyle he needs to get the ball to Davis more and the 3rd WR less.

I would also tell him to find some plays that McNabb likes that the team can execute in their sleep and build the offense outward from that.

Unless I missed it somehow, the press conference must of been canceled. maybe you are on to something here.

I am still expecting (not hoping) for a knee jerk reaction today from the organization

I have checked, and I've had comcast sports net up in the background since the conference was supposed to air. Nothing has been said about the conference. Interesting to say the least.

I have checked, and I've had comcast sports net up in the background since the conference was supposed to air. Nothing has been said about the conference. Interesting to say the least.

Really strange...wasn't it supposed to be at 3, like usual??

Wonder if anything's going on...I don't know what the hell it would be.

Unless they called Wade Phillips and he finally called them back today. Give the guy a break, he's been eating away his emotions ;)

We'll see. Reid loves Kolb. Vick ain't young and he's already been hurt once this year. I still think he doesn't stay healthy enough to stay the rest of the season. He'll miss a game or too. His style doesn't work over the long haul. Its amazing in story bursts until a head hunting LB puts him down.

Just like Denard Robinson. He's electric but he can't stay healthy.

I'm really starting to have a feeling Haslett has been fired, or is going to be. Something is up. I have nothing to back this up, just a gut feeling.

Yeah, I was about to say that. Why delay so long otherwise? Especially after yesterday, where people want answers, and accountability. Canceling a press conference in that atmosphere is not a good idea.

Cuts.

- Galloway (I promise there are better WR's on practice squads DYING for a shot)

- Chad Simpson (find me a real RB)

- Roydell Williams (Same as Joey...get me a young guy)

Lineup moves

- If you think Kory is a good OL, let him play Center the rest of the year and put Dockery back a LG. The OL is going to be back regardless. Casey is a great guy....but he's done.

- Portis should have gone on IR long ago. Lets be honest. He's never going to be 100% this year, and he probably won't be back. So, let somebody else get that spot.

- Activate Barnes for teams and Defense

- Move Beck to the #2 spot. Why not? We're not a QB away from a title. If McNabb goes out, might as well let the guy who under contract beyond this year get some snaps. At least get him 2nd team snaps in practice.

As far as today. No day off unless you can't walk. I would have them out there in full pads practicing in the rain right now and again this afternoon. I get you are trying to change the mindset, and things do happen. Look, Oakland also scored 59 this year and it doesn't mean they are Superbowl bound. But part of changing things is holding players accountable. Coaches too. Out in the rain all day today working on what went wrong.

So....what would YOU do if you were in charge?

HTTR. Yes.....still HTTR.

I would start with that. Then I would go to Hazlett and tell him to scrap the 3-4 completely and go back to a 4-3. He has run it in the past so it isnt completely new to him. Then I would have him start Haynesworth at RDT and move Orakpo to RDE. Keep carter at LDE (and yeah this is a "iffy" move due to his lack of size) and see how that plays out. Have Carriker at either LDT or LDE depending on how Carter plays at end. I'd look for a FS as well.

Does this deserve it's own thread I wonder? It would be one thing if they said it had been delayed, or postponed until later in the week. We have heard nothing.

It might....I'm surprised more people aren't talking about this. Hasn't happened yet this year.

or it could be a great idea. Shows everybody that people are hard at work.

A good point, if it was spun that way directly from the FO. Otherwise, you know the media will run with it in the opposite direction :doh: Hell, they probably will anyways.

• 1 month later...
god, redskins fans overreact so much.

now we're going 4-12, with no possibility of winning another game.

guess its time to avoid the board for a week.

if they win next week we'll be talking playoffs again.

:ols:

Is it still too early to panic? I guess 5-11 is better than 4 & 12.

Archived