Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

If you were the Head Coach of this team after last night....what would YOU do today?

@DCGoldPants

I think the idea of bringing in Darrell Green to coach is neat. But I'm not aware of any coaching experience that he has. Just because someone was a good PLAYER doesn't mean they will be a good COACH. And also remember he has been out of the league for a while. I compare it to Gibbs 2.0. Both were great in their day but the NFL has changed since then. Just my $.02

the bottom line is....look at the team that was on hand when Allen and Shanny came to town.

Just because Vinny and Larry Michael thought it was good, doesn't mean its true.

Lets be honest. One offseason wasn't enough, and probably 2 offseasons won't be either.

Who are your core longterm Skins?

I can only think of a few.

Orakpo, T. Williams, D. Hall, Landry (yes, Landry).

That's it.

That's not a core for long term success.

I guess I should have focused more at looking at practice squad guys from around the league and our team. There are plenty of older players on this roster who aren't contributing. Might as well replace them with younger guys. Even if they do nothing...at least its a better risk.

Over react? Can you honestly say after our last 2 games that this team is headed in the right direction?

are you going to honestly base your argument on whether a franchise that just hired a new GM, new Team President/HC, and replaced an entire staff except for Danny Smith, brought in 23 new players (maybe more, i forget), is headed in the right direction based on two games?

honestly?

because if so, then yes, you're all overreacting. You were all talking playoffs before the game started (by you all i mean the general masses as ES, i have no idea if you're lumped into that or not), and after the game its fire everyone.

Yeah, thats the definition of overreaction.

The reason this franchise has sucked is because Dan Snyder has the same attitude most of ES has. If they win a game, the team is amazing. If they lose to a superior team, then everyone must be fired.

so yeah, keep basing your decisions at the franchise level on a handful of games. the rest of us with a clue will understand long term strategy.

I dont blame the 3-4 for last night. I blame the strategy to not blitz. To let Vick just sit back there and find soft zones or let people clear out to run. You got to blitz and hope your DB's can tackle if Vick gets out. It cant be any worse than what we tried.

are you going to honestly base your argument on whether a franchise that just hired a new GM, new Team President/HC, and replaced an entire staff except for Danny Smith, brought in 23 new players (maybe more, i forget), is headed in the right direction based on two games?

honestly?

because if so, then yes, you're all overreacting. You were all talking playoffs before the game started (by you all i mean the general masses as ES, i have no idea if you're lumped into that or not), and after the game its fire everyone.

Yeah, thats the definition of overreaction.

The reason this franchise has sucked is because Dan Snyder has the same attitude most of ES has. If they win a game, the team is amazing. If they lose to a superior team, then everyone must be fired.

so yeah, keep basing your decisions at the franchise level on a handful of games. the rest of us with a clue will understand long term strategy.

The direction the new FO went in the off season was WIN NOW. That's what moves like trading high draft picks for McNabb and Brown seemed to indicate. If we were truly rebuilding, I wouldn't have such a problem with some bad games here and there. This team just looks like the same old redskins from the past 10 years to me. It's like the goal is 8-8 or 9-7. When are we gonna try to build a super bowl contender?

Sign Kevin Curtis

Thank you. Finally someone agrees with me. Based on the highlight video I posted on the second page of this thread, don't you think he would have helped us last night? As soon as Jackson scored one, Curtis would have went out there and put on show as well. People like Kevin Curtis would encourage other WR's to take the deeper route. Not to mention Curtis could open up the field for us. Once he finds the soft spot in the coverage it's a deep option for McNabb. With those two having such good chemistry is a 70% chance that Curtis will catch it, if the timing is right. Just ask me, where can we go wrong by signing him? Two Eagles on offense are better than one.

Release Galloway and sign Kevin Curtis. Put Curtis, Armstrong and Austin as Wide outs. Put Moss in the slot and it's a shoot out fananza.

The direction the new FO went in the off season was WIN NOW. That's what moves like trading high draft picks for McNabb and Brown seemed to indicate. If we were truly rebuilding, I wouldn't have such a problem with some bad games here and there. This team just looks like the same old redskins from the past 10 years to me. It's like the goal is 8-8 or 9-7. When are we gonna try to build a super bowl contender?

uh, yeah.

i thought getting mcnabb was a stupid idea.

i thought allowing shanahan to make GM decisions was a stupid idea.

that said, this team is light years better than it was in the last few years.

the team is rebuilding. any time you replace half your roster, you're rebuilding. you can be in denial of that because they say they're not rebuilding. or because they brought in mcnabb. but replacing half of your roster in an offseason thats hard to replace a lot of guyes due to the UFA/RFA issues in the uncapped year, you've rebuilt your team.

but continue to use the last two games as rational of how a franchise is not headed in the right direction long term.

you're logic is flawless. continue to overreact like everyone else. i await the playoff predictions/posibilities threads that will flood the forum if they win next week. i fully expect you to join in the rest of the ridiculous fans on this board.

if last night was a shock to you - you haven't been paying attention. congrats, you had your chance to catch on to what the rest of us knew was going on, except instead of catching on your the pendulum that went to the complete opposite side.

Gee, where would one start at?? lol...

OK, first, Shanny gets the entire team together, watch the game over, stop it after each play, and ask "why did this happen?"

After that debacle is over, in front of the entire team, you look to Haslett and say "if this defense doesn't get better, quickly, you'll be out of a job", and switch back to a 4-3 for the rest of the season.

Then look over to his son, and take his coloring book {playbook} away from him and give him some form of associate/assistant job; its too big a job for someone with little experience.

Roydell, Galloway, hit the door! don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya ! don't leave mad, just leave! {get the pic}

Start evaluations of every player, keep a close eye on F.A., and take a chance on a player or 2 thats on FA; its not like we haven't wasted money on bums before!

Go take a good look at the SB trophys we have, and remind yourself that this is the goal, the expectation, and the demand from this organization.

We don't need an overreaction, as much as my emotion tells me we should fire Haslett (and I said as much last night), we need real solutions, not spastic changes.

I don't think firing Haslett would be too impulsive. Everyone here who has watched all the games and isn't a homer can see our defense is terrible. Yeah, we have more turnovers than last year, but some other teams produce turnovers too without giving up record breaking yardage all the time. I've watched Haslett's facial expressions during some games and a lot of times he's got that look on his face like "Well, I'm not sure this is gonna work. I'll keep my fingers crossed."

I don't even think Haslett was Shanahan's first choice. I thought he got Haslett because the guy he wanted, Mike Zimmer I believe, wasn't available. Count me in the hire Wade Phillips for DC group. I don't care if he was a Cowboy.

I don't think firing Haslett would be too impulsive. Everyone here who has watched all the games and isn't a homer can see our defense is terrible. Yeah, we have more turnovers than last year, but some other teams produce turnovers too without giving up record breaking yardage all the time. I've watched Haslett's facial expressions during some games and a lot of times he's got that look on his face like "Well, I'm not sure this is gonna work. I'll keep my fingers crossed."

I don't even think Haslett was Shanahan's first choice. I thought he got Haslett because the guy he wanted, Mike Zimmer I believe, wasn't available. Count me in the hire Wade Phillips for DC group. I don't care if he was a Cowboy.

Yes, if we keep it up Wade Philips might get hired. With enough people thinking about it, someone is going to write into Redskins radio and suggest it. I could care less if he was a Cowboy as well. With him knowing their offense so well, we can beat Dallas hands down. Possibly still place good in the division. Wade Philips would also restore his name by helping us beat his former team. He would no longer be considered a loser coach.

I think Darrell Green as CB/secondary coach and Wade Philips as DC would turn our offense into a three headed monster. With Darrell Green coaching the CB's the secondary would improve. Wade Philips can probably work some magic with our LB and DL. Once we get a FS, it's all gravy from there.

Dallas would have a tough time beating us.

1) cut galloway - bring terence austin off the practice squad

2) cut roydell williams - sign kevin curtis

3) cut stephon heyer - bring up selvish capers

4) if jamal brown can't play, move hicks to RT, start dockery at LG and Lichtensteiger at RG...although, I'd like to see what Kory can do at Center.

5) Cut chad simpson - bring up james davis

6) Want to see more of jeremy jarmon and perry reilly.

Today I sit down with Jim Haslett and watch the tape, and try to figure out how he screwed up so badly. Regardless of how much we'd love to forget, Vick's going to be in our hair for two games a year for a while now, and we'd best figure out a way to stop him without counting on hurting him in the first quarter like last time.

Then i show the tape to the players, and point out obvious mistakes and such.

Then I burn the ****ing thing and never speak of it again. Then I send the league a letter requesting to never be on MNF again,, we're lousy at night.

Wednesday = time to get ready for the Titans, and that's it.

~Bang

1) cut galloway - bring terence austin off the practice squad

2) cut roydell williams - sign kevin curtis

3) cut stephon heyer - bring up selvish capers

4) if jamal brown can't play, move hicks to RT, start dockery at LG and Lichtensteiger at RG...although, I'd like to see what Kory can do at Center.

5) Cut chad simpson - bring up james davis

6) Want to see more of jeremy jarmon and perry reilly.

I really hope Robert Henson can step up next year, and be on the same path as he was in preseason before his injury.

I would definitely kick the tires on every WR/ O-linemen I could find.

Trying not to be knee-jerk, but Haslett would be thanked for his service, but told it's no longer needed, then I would revert as much as I could back to last year's D... maybe that isn't realistic but at least mix up the 3-4 and 4-3 packages more and try to play the guys where they are comfortable playing.

I would try to find my son Kyle and ask why we aren't trying more rollouts, bootlegs... anything that helps this o-line... make the defenses run side to side and at least TRY to get them a little winded and easier to block.

I would probably cut Galloway, but I would have cut him weeks ago.

After that, nothing. I never would have switched to the 3-4 in the first place, but I'm going to change my defense or fire my coordinator 9 games in.

I would make the team watch the tape twice without the coaches though. There were enough individual breakdowns to get their attention. After that, I would never speak of it again.

Everyone thinks that the way to coach is to be a maniac. You scream at halftime and maybe during a dull Thursday practice. After that, it becomes noise.

- cut joey galloway

- cut stephon heyer

- promote terrance austin

- promote selvish capers

- put jamal brown on IR

- sign kevin curtis

- sign james davis from the practice squad

this team needs to bring up the kids now. we've got two embarrassing losses in a row, we have no speed on offense, and nothing is getting any better. lets see what we've got for next season right now.

I would make it a fineable offense to engage in trash talk. It's time for certain Redskins to shut their mouths and play the game at the high level that they are expected to play it at. If fines don't work then sit them.

Good teams can trash talk because they can back it up. The Redskins are not a good team, so a good dose of humility is in order, which should hopefully compel them to work harder to be a good team.

I would certainly try and shake things up.

The Kory to Center move has been beaten to death, but I would still like to see it in effect.

I'd activate Barnes and try and get him some reps at FS. Kareem Moore has quietly been the worst player on defense this season.

Let's make that Montgomery for Hicks at RG perminant. I'd rather see a 27 year old suck than a 31 year old.

with the way barnes hits...FS is a perfect position for him if he can't be active for any game...may need to put on som LB's for a permanent spot tho but for a quick fix start wiening him in there as a free safety- which is nothing but a dime CB anyways that can hit

Archived