Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Haynesworth taking a nap during the play

RedlightG20

I saw the play. Big deal. Our entire defense was taking a nap. So was Haslett

I think this is pretty much my take on it, too. Yes that play was awful on his part, but if you were to start a thread on every player who seemed to give up at times last night or just flat out sucked the entire first page would be full of them. Obviously AH is an easy target, but I can't really see anything more than the bigger picture right now: our entire defense (very much including Haslett) flat out got punked.

Lack of hustle on that play. He showed effort on others. Today, I can't fault anyone for losing their oomph by that second half.

Man, I haven't seen a game that pathetic since Spurrier versus the Pats. Actually, after the first quarter the offense at least showed some fight. The D though... Mama said if you have nothing nice to say...

Gibbs lost to the Pats 52-7. Or am I not remembering another Pats beatdown?

Don't care about AH on that play... he's lazy and immature, we all know that. But the game was over 3 hours before that play.

Wow. Ugly. Andre Carter actually has to change his angle of pursuit to avoid stepping on Haynesworth. Carter has a direct path to Vick, but the Eagles' Tupou (#78) is free to peel off and block Carter. If Haynesworth had gotten up to pursue Vick , both he and Carter have a line to Vick and Tupou has to choose one or the other. Vick would have had to unload sooner than he did. Awful.

Of course it is only one play. Especially since it was Haynesworth, its impact is going to get blown way out of proportion. He effed up. On one play. Let's keep that in perspective.

so much wrong with this post......

i dont think anyone is 'singling' him out, as in, saying its his fault we lost. everyone i have seen in this thread is only criticizing his lack of effort on that one particular play. if youre not pissed off by seeing vick back there reading war and peace while haynesworth is on the ground and not getting up, i dont know what to tell you.

all this 'hes the best' or 'one of the best' players we have is pointless when he makes plays like that. and its plays like that that are likely the reason the coaches dont put him in there more. cant trust him to give 100 percent all the time.

It took me like umpteen posts just to get through to get to this?!?!?

Sheez. The guy just laid on the ground. Here it is..

http://i55.tinypic.com/2nhf4no.gif

I know Albert is talented and a great player when he wants to be but I'm done. I dont give a ****. He MUST Go!!!!! I wouldn't even care if they released him today. I would suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team. Actual I just wouldn't play him anymore then trade him during the offseason. At least Lorenzo, Carter, Rocky, London, fought and gave effort as they got their *** kicked. This clown quit and layed there rite there on the field. I'm so disgusted

Wow. Ugly. Andre Carter actually has to change his angle of pursuit to avoid stepping on Haynesworth. Carter has a direct path to Vick, but the Eagles' Tupou (#78) is free to peel off and block Carter.

It's Todd Herremans, but your point is the same. Haynesworth staying on the ground gave Vick more time.

Any buffoon who can absolve Fat Albert of that utter disgrace of a play really shouldn't be allowed to use a computer. In fact, you shouldn't be allowed to use enclosed restrooms. You should be forced to do your business behind a 7-11 dumpster. It's as simple as that. That is truly one of the lowest moments in Redskins' history right there. That "effort" speaks to everything that is wrong with this organization and specifically with that fat pant load. EVERY SINGLE FAN of EVERY SINGLE TEAM in the NFL (other than ours, of course) is LAUGHING THEIR BUTTS OFF at us right now, and you know what? If a Cowgirl or someone else did that, I would be, too.

I was embaressed to see this on MNF, especially since they even replayed it. And yes. for the most part the rest of the team was embarassing, but given how AH is identified, and payed, he should have shown more effort.

Its fuuny because earlier in the game Gruden was taking about how good of a player he is, and how the Redskins really need him on the field, and when this shows up in the game, he is lost for words.

If it were up to me, I would have a deal in place to trade him to another team, the very minute its possible. He has already said he wont be at next years OTA's, so we go thru the same conditioning test bull**** next year.

Its been said, and Albert proved it last night, "HE PLAYS WHEN HE WANTS TO PLAY".

Are people actually criticizing Haynesworth? He was one of the few players who seem to show any talent whatsoever.

LOL...oh please ...enough of this defending this overpaid piece of crap! He's a joke ....I will admit the team as a whole look bad but this guy is a joke and the whole league knows it ,it's just the Redskin fools who try and defend ...or "JUSTIFY" his being on the team.The man make a rediculous amount of money and you think he's great becuase of effort???He makes 1 tackel and people scream for him to be in the HOF....for Gods sake wake up Skins fans...he's a bum!

Archived