Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is Shanny Really Trying To Get Jay Cutler Back?

Hubbs

This past spring in Greenville, SC, the night (read: alcohol) led me to this dump of a "bar" named The Fiddler. Jay Cutler was there in a 3 piece suit celebrating a friend's wedding. I finally imbibed enough liquid courage to say hello and ask him about Shanny. He told me that Shanahan pulled every string he could to sign him before the Bears did. It would not surprise me if our coach makes a run for him if Cutler continues to struggle with Martz & co.

This past spring in Greenville, SC, the night (read: alcohol) led me to this dump of a "bar" called The Fiddler. Jay Cutler was there in a 3 piece suit celebrating a friend's wedding. I finally imbibed enough liquid courage to say hello and ask him about Shanny. He told me that Shanahan pulled every string he could to sign him before the Bears did. It would not surprise me if our coach makes a run for him if Cutler continues to struggle with Martz & co.

Wouldn't surprise me at all.

Bench McNabb for dumb reasons. Okay, now we have Rex. Nobody wants Rex. So who should we get...?

Don't you guys think the problem is the Offensive Line. I mean everything has to start there.. no one will play the QB well until we better our line. Granted McNabb is NOT an accurate QB but he would be much better if he was not scrambling every play. just my 2 cents.

Of course I think the problem is the damn offensive line. But with another year, we might be closer to fixing it.

Accuracy actually doesn't matter for McNabb. I know it sounds really weird to say, but it's true. He can't hit the 5-yard pass, but he can hit the 50-yarder, and that matters more.

I have to say we have some of the most idiotic fans in the country. We have alot of very smart ones as well, but reading this on here (esp. this stupid conspiracy) makes me wonder what is wrong with the fans. You want a good coach (now you want to get rid of him), You want a Good QB now you think Cutler is better for this team (Didn't we just make him turn the ball over 5 times a few weeks ago?)

Give it a break. We are 4-4 (S/B 5-3) if not for McNabb's awful pick in the Detroit game.

god, what the hell happened this week? Are you all ****ing crazy? we want Shanahan and McNabb out now? What the hell is wrong with you people. All over one little benching with 2 minutes to go. Admit it, without that, these ridiculous threads, and 'fire shanny?' polls are not here. We're 4-4 with a big game coming up, this is pure speculation, and it's not gonna happen. This thread is just a vehicle for people to hate on shanny because the media told you he's a liar. Or to hate on mcnabb because he's inaccurate.:doh:

I have to be honest here... I think Shanahan is the best thing that could happen to our team. He will build a winner. it don't happen in 8 weeks. what I am about to say I am sure people will throw stones but during that Detroit game I was saying he should have been benched McNabb and I wanted him to bring Grossman in.. and I am not a Grossman fan.. but my GOD !! McNabb SUCKED !!! and has for weeks. Our defense has been winning the games that we have won. McNabb has been awful.. Can he be better? YES, but something is wrong. Grossman is more familiar with Kyle Shanahan and that offense. He is a more accurate passer.. but our OL let down. I really think that if the OL would have done their job, Grossman would have put us in position to win that game.. I also think Shanahan was thinking the same thing. I am sure he was tired of watching McNabb suck just like I was. Right now.. I think Shanahan is great and will lead us back to being a playoff team and beyond.

Well I may be in the minority but I would think that any kind of trade in players only (no picks) that would bring Cutler here would be a pretty good thing for the Redskins.

Yes Cutler can be some what arrogant- so what, its about his leadership on the field and with his potential he can be pretty damn good.

And while I agree Cutler has not been a pro bowl qb like he was with Shanahan, he has been in some ill fitting offensive schemes and not much of an OL to protect him.

Biggest reason tho; is that Cutler is 27 yrs old, McNabb will be 34 later this month. And you can see by the reports Mcnabb's body his feeling the pain.

Draft some OL, bring in VJax for Cutler to throw to and we could see Houston Texans circa 2009 all over again.

But when its all said and I done, I think Beck is the QB that Shanahan wants to have run this offense.

I have to say we have some of the most idiotic fans in the country. We have alot of very smart ones as well, but reading this on here (esp. this stupid conspiracy) makes me wonder what is wrong with the fans. You want a good coach (now you want to get rid of him), You want a Good QB now you think Cutler is better for this team (Didn't we just make him turn the ball over 5 times a few weeks ago?)

Give it a break. We are 4-4 (S/B 5-3) if not for McNabb's awful pick in the Detroit game.

god, what the hell happened this week? Are you all ****ing crazy? we want Shanahan and McNabb out now? What the hell is wrong with you people. All over one little benching with 2 minutes to go. Admit it, without that, these ridiculous threads, and 'fire shanny?' polls are not here. We're 4-4 with a big game coming up, this is pure speculation, and it's not gonna happen. This thread is just a vehicle for people to hate on shanny because the media told you he's a liar. Or to hate on mcnabb because he's inaccurate.:doh:

Jesus ****ing Christ, I've specifically said that I want McNabb here. I'm just asking if Shanahan doesn't.

Stop shooting the damn messenger. I want McNabb.

While I agree with most of this post

One would have to admit, that even with time Mcnabb, has been inacurate. The worm killers he throws are frustrating.

But, it has been the knock on him most of his carrer.

He is a great leader, a QB general on the field, he knows what it takes to win. Just dont know if at his age, his body has the ability to get it done.

We gave up a 2nd and 3rd. Chicago gave up two firsts. Can't see this deal happening with both teams giving up so much to get each guy.

Exactly. I see absolutely no way in hell the Bears would trade Cutler straight up for McNabb. Even though the guy isn't playing very well, the Bears gave up two 1st rounders and a 3rd for the guy. He is 27 years old. Also factor in that they would know perfectly well how bad Shanny would want him. It would cost us McNabb and at least one high draft pick. We really have more glaring needs to take care of before we give away even more picks while we have so many holes on the OL as well as needing LBs, WRs, and a better FS. Besides, Cutler would get killed behind this line as well and probably throw just as many INTs and make just as many boneheaded plays. Even when he was doing well in Denver he still did that.

Exactly. I see absolutely no way in hell the Bears would trade Cutler straight up for McNabb. Even though the guy isn't playing very well, the Bears gave up two 1st rounders and a 3rd for the guy. He is 27 years old. Also factor in that they would know perfectly well how bad Shanny would want him. It would cost us McNabb and at least one high draft pick. We really have more glaring needs to take care of before we give away even more picks while we have so many holes on the OL as well as needing LBs, WRs, and a better FS. Besides, Cutler would get killed behind this line as well and probably throw just as many INTs and make just as many boneheaded plays. Even when he was doing well in Denver he still did that.

Agree with you.

But if Shanny wants him, he may very well include another player from us to make the deal.( Carter ??)

And unless he gets rid of AH for some more picks (which I doubt) I dont see Shanny giving up Mcnabb and a draft pick for Cutler.

The whole wild card in this senario is the future of Lovie Smith as the head coach. If he gets replaced, then anything can happen.

This is all about the lack of skill that exists on the OL. There's no QB gonna make this team 8-0 at this point in the season. No one.

Upgrade the OL, get a scat back who can play 3rd down (block and catch) and add a #1 WR.

Any talk of another QB is insanity.

This all speculation and talk for next year, not this year.

We may have our scat back in Davis,

I am willing to bet they go after VJax to be the #1 reciever.

They will build the OL with the draft and some FA.

So consequently a new QB would not be insanity.

I can't believe there are 2 threads on this :doh:. IMO, there is no way we let McNabb go for Cutler. McNabb has make chicken salad out of chicken **** (referring to the talent @ WR & the Oline). So to bring a less athletic & less talented QB with what we currently have, is absolutely crazy.

Say what you want about Cutler, especially in a system that doesn't fit him.

But nobody alive can seriously make the argument that he has less raw talent than McNabb.

He can make throws that McNabb dreams of making, when he (Cutler )makes the right decisions :doh:

Talent isn't the issue with Cutler, and hasn't been anywhere he's gone.

While I agree with most of this post

One would have to admit, that even with time Mcnabb, has been inacurate. The worm killers he throws are frustrating.

But, it has been the knock on him most of his carrer.

He is a great leader, a QB general on the field, he knows what it takes to win. Just dont know if at his age, his body has the ability to get it done.

Yea, and we all knew that about him in April when he came to Washington.

But just because of one little thing that happened last week...it's all brought up again, as if we didn't know already, and pushed even further into talks of letting him go, and even letting shanny go. Man it's ridiculous.

Archived