Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shannahan is getting ripped a new one...

Touch of Class 17

on every sports media outlet. I have not heard one expert/analysis side with his decision or explanation of his decision. In 1 play he went from the 2-time super bowl winning source of hope, to a locker room destroying, ego-maniac.

You have to now question all of his decisions. All of the Haynseworth stuff, could Devin Thomas have helped this team, benching Dockery (he has to be better than Hicks), Keeping Galloway and Roydell but cutting Terrance Austin? The list goes on. My confidence in him has been severely damaged.

Grow up. He's coached 8 games here and the sky is falling. This is the reason our franchise has become a joke. Every time we lose a supposedly easy game, the whole team needs to be blown up and everyone wants to run our new superstar head coach out of town. No wonder there aren't many people who want to coach. The ownership, until now, hadn't put faith in the coaches, and the fans have never put faith in the coaches. I wonder who knows more about football, Shanny or some random internet posters.

I am sure that Shanahan will have tears on his pillow at the thought that random internet fans have lost faith in him.

Ha! Obviously not, but if literally NO ONE agrees with him, you have to assume one of two things is going on...

1) He made an extremely bad decision that even most bad coaches would avoid, so yes, he's capable of other very bad decisions.

2) Something very unfortunate is unfolding behind the scenes between Shanny and McNabb.

Both of those options suck... hence the panic.

Its funny how fast a Coach goes from the pent house one week to the dog house the next, I definitely would question some of his decision making but over all considering what he has to work with or lack of talent he has to work with, I'm much happier where we are this year than where we were last year at this time. Lets wait till this season is over then make our final judgement on Shanny.

Ha! Obviously not, but if literally NO ONE agrees with him, you have to assume one of two things is going on...

1) He made an extremely bad decision that even most bad coaches would avoid, so yes, he's capable of other very bad decisions.

2) Something very unfortunate is unfolding behind the scenes between Shanny and McNabb.

I would hope that you have some inside scoop on number 2 ;)

I think this is merely a lesson learned for Shanahan but something had to done concerning McNabb's shotty play. The O-line has not been all "Charlie's Angels" but unfortunately the HC and QB are the ones who take the fall.

Exactly!!! This wasn't a routine bad decision. Going for it on that 4th down was a bad decision. The choice to bench McNabb has far more reaching consequences not only for the remainder of the season, but for the next few seasons.

Shanny deserves every ounce of criticism coming his way right now. That one decision he made has over-shadowed any positives up to this point and could possibly be what he is remembered for as the coach of the Redskins. The decision to put Rex eff'n Grossman in for a possible game winning drive is nothing short of inexplicable.

Now, if we get back to winning? All will be forgiven, but the ramifications of this decision could result in a domino effect for this organization. Yes one decision.

For the sensitive crowd on this board. This is purely specualative on my part. So don't get your panties in a bunch.

Its funny how fast a Coach goes from the pent house one week to the dog house the next, I definitely would question some of his decision making but over all considering what he has to work with or lack of talent he has to work with, I'm much happier where we are this year than where we were last year at this time. Lets wait till this season is over then make or final judgement on Shanny.

I agree :yes:...If anything, it should mean all the "In Shanahan I Trust" retorts will start to fade away lol. But even with the maddening losses to the Rams and Lions I STILL have 100% more faith in Shanahan and McNabb than I ever did last season in Zorn and Campbell. Shanahan will be fine. McNabb can be fine (lets hope he will be)...but yeah, Shanny is not above criticism, never has been.

I still have plenty of faith in the Shanahans, but he really deserves to take the heat on this one. I've been really disappointed with the play of McNabb over all, but to pull him out and put in a cold Grossman with 2 minutes left and the game on the line just made no sense at all. I would have been happier (though disappointed) if he just straight up started Grossman, but the timing on this was just terrible.

I still have plenty of faith in the Shanahans, but he really deserves to take the heat on this one. I've been really disappointed with the play of McNabb over all, but to pull him out and put in a cold Grossman with 2 minutes left and the game on the line just made no sense at all. I would have been happier (though disappointed) if he just straight up started Grossman, but the timing on this was just terrible.

Agreed. Even the best of coaches make mistakes

This is nothing new to him and he's been ripped before by the local and national media for moves he made in Denver. I am certain that he wont let it effect him and he's getting ready for Philly in a few weeks. My major worry from this is that he may have alienated our QB from wanting to stay here next year. I maintain that it was a stupid decision, thou.

lol... at the end of that miserable game... he looked like he was going to blow a gasket... his hair was all messed up and his face was santa claus suit red.

Lol, yeah Shanny's face was the same color of his shirt. He looked like he was about to flip his lid, especially when Rexy puked the ball up for 6 points.

on every sports media outlet. I have not heard one expert/analysis side with his decision or explanation of his decision. In 1 play he went from the 2-time super bowl winning source of hope, to a locker room destroying, ego-maniac.

You have to now question all of his decisions. All of the Haynseworth stuff, could Devin Thomas have helped this team, benching Dockery (he has to be better than Hicks), Keeping Galloway and Roydell but cutting Terrance Austin? The list goes on. My confidence in him has been severely damaged.

BULL.... This has nothing to do with those other decisions. Fans are starting all over again with the babying od the players. Whatever reason he had for pulling Mcnabb ( which wasn't what he claimed) I think he pulled him cause he threw into triple coverage, and that was to make a point. I don't agree with all of coaches desisions but I say let him coach and see what happens. The only ones making a big deal of this is the fans and the media

I would guess that the majority of fans don't want him fired or gone, but more likely expressing displeasure and/or anger towards his decision-making.

Now, if he continues to pick on players and make calls that draws ridicule and questions from everyone, then yes, maybe there is a bigger problem that needs to be addressed.

I just cannot fathom this being totally on Mike; Kyle had to have had some form of input on this, especially since they both came from Houston, so maybe there is trension between McNabb and Kyle or his abilities; who knows...

Archived