Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star Trek Into Darkness: 5/16/13, IMAX-5/15/13

88Comrade2000

That is one weak trailer. The "epic" music/sound is already stale after being used similarly in Inception, Prometheus and parts of Looper. I was really looking forward to this film, not to sure now.

Next weekend at the IMAXs showing "The Hobbit" there's supposed to be an extended preview of the movie where they will show the first 9 minutes of the movie.

Not to hijack this thread, but do you think that enemy in the new Star Trek is Khan?
= Note he originally asked this in the "Hobbitt" thread.

Well, I won't hijack that thread. So I will answer you here. They have already said it isn't Khan or Gary Mitchell.

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/star-trek-into-darkness-jj-abrams-talks-john-harrison/

The villian is John Harrison. Maybe he's a modern version of Khan or Mitchell. For me personally, I don't think it is Khan. There's no need to do that again. You want the second movie and eventually third movie to go in their own directions and not rehash stuff for the original movies.

Well, I won't hijack that thread. So I will answer you here. They have already said it isn't Khan or Gary Mitchell.

http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/star-trek-into-darkness-jj-abrams-talks-john-harrison/

The villian is John Harrison. Maybe he's a modern version of Khan or Mitchell. For me personally, I don't think it is Khan. There's no need to do that again. You want the second movie and eventually third movie to go in their own directions and not rehash stuff for the original movies.

Yeah, Khan makes no sense. The character is played by a pasty English guy.

Yeah, Khan makes no sense. The character is played by a pasty English guy.

I have full confidence that Cumberbatch is going to be fantastic as the new Star Trek villain. After watching Colbert's interview with Martin Freeman he brought up the BBC series Sherlock, which has Cumberbatch as the lead and Freeman as Watson. Amazing show and Cumberbatch is a very talented actor. He also plays both the Necromancer and Smaug in the Hobbit movies.

I have full confidence that Cumberbatch is going to be fantastic as the new Star Trek villain. After watching Colbert's interview with Martin Freeman he brought up the BBC series Sherlock, which has Cumberbatch as the lead and Freeman as Watson. Amazing show and Cumberbatch is a very talented actor. He also plays both the Necromancer and Smaug in the Hobbit movies.

Haven't seen any of that but most everything on BBC is good to great. Seems like half the shows in the US are based on UK shows now.

Edit: nevermind....I get your post now. The villians name is John Harrison. :doh:

Considering this is an alternate timeline, would Khan still exist anyways (to be revived)?

---------- Post added December-17th-2012 at 03:15 PM ----------

Not that I hold any hope of them ever being included in a movie..but I would interested in the Q continuum showing up..especially since a new timeline has been created.

• 3 weeks later...

I meant to post this a few days ago..bravo JJ Abrams. Bravo.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-57561907-1/j.j-abrams-grants-movie-wish-to-dying-trekkie/

J.J. Abrams grants movie wish to dying Trekkie

A Trekkie with cancer wants to see the latest "Star Trek" movie, but may miss the May premiere due to declining health. A friend makes a plea on Reddit and "Trek" director J.J. Abrams comes to the rescue.

by Christopher MacManus January 3, 2013 1:14 PM PST

Sometimes it's easy to forget the incredible social power of the Internet, but this story about director J.J. Abrams granting a dying man's "Star Trek" wish serves as a great reminder.

Last week on popular link-sharing site Reddit, a user named ideeeyut described how his 41-year-old friend Daniel -- a Manhattan man who has been afflicted with leukemia, another unrelated cancer, and additional health problems -- wanted to see the latest "Star Trek Into Darkness" movie but may not have the chance.

To get a taste of the upcoming sci-fi epic before his health declined further, Daniel went to watch the 10-minute preview that played before "The Hobbit" in most theaters. The theater never showed the preview, which led to Daniel's friend's passionate plea on Reddit for someone to help Daniel find a way to watch the movie.

After the post on Reddit went live, the story got picked up by several "Trek" and geek-related blogs. One Reddit user named Kiggsworthy saw the story on TrekMovie and tweeted the story to "Trek" director J.J. Abrams and several others associated with the movie's production.

What happened next may set your phaser to stunning. Abrams rang Daniel up and set forth plans that gave the "Trek" fan a preview of a lifetime: a full screening of the film months ahead of May's scheduled release.

MORE AFTER LINK

---------- Post added January-8th-2013 at 12:25 PM ----------

Oh..and the guy passed away the very next day.

:(

• 2 months later...

Cant wait either! But I had hoped for him to being Gary Mitchell . And that scene where he slaughters those people came straight from Godfather 3. Short of that Im looking forward to this.

---------- Post added March-22nd-2013 at 10:35 AM ----------

Outstanding trailer. Just wanna know more about his vendetta against Starfleet. Vengence in general.

---------- Post added March-22nd-2013 at 10:35 AM ----------

Outstanding trailer. Just wanna know more about his vendetta against Starfleet. Vengeance in general.

"I am better...."

"at what?"

"at everything..."

:yes:

I didn't know Richard Sherman was in this picture :pfft:

That trailer was awesome though. Looks like it is going to be better than the last, which I loved. Never cared much for Star Trek outside of the original TV series until the recent Abrams reboot but I'm signed up and ready to go for this one.

• 1 month later...

Archived