Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star Trek Into Darkness: 5/16/13, IMAX-5/15/13

88Comrade2000

Just got back from seeing Star Trek Into Darkness.

:point2sky

I loved the movie. It was even better than the last one. I loved the plot twists in this one, unlike Iron Man 3. I also loved how they pay homage to the original series/movies.

This movie will definitely generate alot of talk among the Trekkers. Good or Bad- depends on the Trekkie. ;)

Also, Star Wars is in good hands. JJ Abrams should do a good job with Episode 7.

PSA: AVOID READING ANY REVIEWS!!!

I just had a major part of the movie spoiled for me without warning. This sucks.

I'd still go see it. I bet you saw the one negative review where the guy spoiled the entire movie.

It is going to be interesting to see how ES will like or dislike the movie.

I've skimmed around looking at some viewers reviews. Some say it's the worst thing ever made while others say it's the best. My gut tells me; most viewers will like movie.

The ones that will dislike it or down right hate it will probably be the ones who have seen the previous movies with original cast.

I will probably see the movie 3-5 more times and will definitely be buying this when it comes out on DVD/Blueray.

I can't wait for the next one as this movie left me wanting more.

My only criticism would be the look of certain characters in this movie and you will know what I am talking about when you see it.

Just got back from seeing this

My gawd it Balled So Hard . Kirk grew into a captain with this one. The only ones who are going to complain are people who are stuck on the old star trek. The trailers dont do this one justice

Outstanding, wonderful movie! You know over the years there has always been this talk of every Trek has had their signature movie. TOS with Wraith Of Khan, TNG with First Contact. This great reboot of the original series now has Into Darkness. I really enjoyed it and must see it again.

Outstanding, wonderful movie! You know over the years there has always been this talk of every Trek has had their signature movie. TOS with Wraith Of Khan, TNG with First Contact. This great reboot of the original series now has Into Darkness. I really enjoyed it and must see it again.

I did that; seeing it again with my niece in regular 2D.

Just got back from seeing this

My gawd it Balled So Hard . Kirk grew into a captain with this one. The only ones who are going to complain are people who are stuck on the old star trek. The trailers dont do this one justice

They want it to go on from the original run and that isn't happening. Paramount and Rick Berman ran the franchise to the ground. Frankly, Trek should've ended with DS9 and then taken an extended break before trying to restart it.

You will never please those trekkies who can't let the past go.

I love this modern interpretation and I hope it eventually leads to a Trek Show on TV again.

I can't wait for the next one and looks like they are going to try to have the next movie in time for the 50th anniversary.

The link below contains spoilers; so don't read it until after you see the movie..

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

IN

L

I

N

K

http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/star-trek-3/

I saw the movie last night.

Disclosure: I am 53 years old. I have been watching Star Trek since I was 6. I have watched TOS to the point that I used to know (years ago) every dialog by heart, could look at one still from an episode, could tell you the name of the episode, what season it was from, and what was happening in the scene that the still was taken from.

I really liked the first JJ Star Trek.

I was enjoying the movie last night for the first three quarters. Then I started getting mad at JJ, and felt that the movie was an insult. The scene in the engine room really pissed me off. Spoiler Alert and use ninja to read the rest of this comment. It was OK that they decided to use Khan, but I was seriously hoping for a completely original story with a completely new villain. But the way he did Khan was OK. Up until the scene where Kirk died in the engine room. That was, to me, a blatant rip-off. And when Spock yelled "KHAAAAANNNN!" I got thoroughly pissed.

I was hoping that JJ would have enough sense to not let it end that way. As it turned out, he did. I ended up liking the movie very much, and will see it again and again.

I saw it this afternoon. It was alright but the visuals were brilliant. Very predictable. To be honest, the entire time I watched it I felt unusually compelled to compare it to Iron Man 3. The outrageous plot points and "twists" with comedy mixed in...it's hard to describe...it just felt like Iron Man 3 v2.0.

Edit* Ok, I forgot to add this. Also while I was watching I couldn't help but wonder...why is the movie titled "Into Darkness"????? Nothing in the movie reflected the title.

On my radio show, I went a bit Star Trek nuts this week. I found a Georgtown professor who teaches philosophy using Star Trek, looked into NYU physicist David Grier's attempts to build a working tractor beam (he did it too), and yacked with a Star Trek historian who has been used as a consultant on the tv shows and series.

Tomorrow, I'll go check out the movie. Hope it meets expectations.

http://voicerussia.com/radio_broadcast/72430379/113632560.html

Archived