Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Its Early, but Who's the MVP of the 2010 Redskins? (7 games in)

footballhenry

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

A poll would be nice on this, if you wanted you could make one once people make their nominations.

I would of course, nominate Landry. I would also like to make a case for DeAngelo Hall. I think it is a strong case.

Remember that play against Dallas. Against the arch rival he changed the game. To force a fumble at a crucial moment of a crucial divsion game, then pick it up and run in for the score, essentially winning the game, that is to do something MVP worthy. To get four interceptions in a half, as he did against Chicago today, that is to do something incredible. Most corners will go their whole careers without sniffing such a performance. He essentially won the game by repeatedly denying Cutler and the Bears, who were actually moving the ball. Oh and he scored a touchdown in this one too.

Santana Moss and Brian Orakpo have played well, and Landry has played exceptionally well, but I would say that no other player has made the impact that Deangelo Hall has.

Trent Williams has singlehandedly made a HUGE difference for this team from last year. Not flashy, but in case you forgot, go watch last year's line giving JC less than a second to work. Not to mention Trent has dealt with the elite pass rushers already.

So he gets the nod from me for the individual effort. Otherwise, you can pick between hall, landry, orakpo, whatever..they're all working together as a unit and doing some good things. I think Trent freaking Williams is the MVP, as my interpretation of MVP goes anyway.

Orakpo>Landry>Hall. I hate to choose between these guys but thtas my opinion. Another 2 sacks and a huge holding call for Rack. Landry is the best in the NFC at his position and Halls hands make Carlos's look like cement blocks. We got some chemisty happening. Throw in London and we are exciting. Rocky aint too shabby either.

Orakpo>Landry>Hall. I hate to choose between these guys but thtas my opinion. Another 2 sacks and a huge holding call for Rack. Landry is the best in the NFC at his position and Halls hands make Carlos's look like cement blocks. We got some chemisty happening. Throw in London and we are exciting. Rocky aint too shabby either.

Not to mention Haynesworth turning it up. It'll be funny if we get 5 defenders into the probowl but are a bottom 5 defense in yardage. It should be possible though, our schedule is brutal so I don't think you can really blame our defense getting trampled by 4 of the top 6 offenses.

My vote would go to Landry, Hall or Williams. On the other hand, I could imagine winning games with any one of these players having to sit out with an injury. I couldn't imagine winning a game if McNabb were hurt. Maybe that could be said of all starting QBs though.

Santana Moss or LaRon Landry

I agree. I voted for Moss because he's the one guy you can isolate on offense. On defense, LaRon has been brilliant... but so have Hall, Orakpo, McIntosh, Fletcher, Lorenzo, and Haynesworth in limited duty. Carlos has played well too. I see their success as being a more holistic effort than it has been for our offense. Trent Williams has been consistently excellent, but he missed a few games. McNabb has won us games and he brings a lot to the table intangibly, but he's also had some awful performances and made costly mistakes. Santana Moss has just been great. Without him, I think we're probably looking at 2-5 right now. Moss has averaged something like 12 targets a game and is on pace for 100 receptions. It's a huge workload for a player his size and he's thriving. Let's hope he doesn't break down.

Archived