Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok i'll say it....

GritzRgreat

I want the Cowboys to win for two reasons. One, obviously, is it gives us a chance at least to catch the Giants this week. I understand this isn't a playoff team, but it's still fun to be part of the chase for as long as we can.

And two, I LOVE Wade. I don't want him going anywhere. The Cowboys need to win just enough games late to give Jerruh the excuse he wants to keep his lapdog around. Which is definitely in our best interest as the Redskins become a true playoff team in 2011 and 2012.

I want the Cowboys to win for two reasons. One, obviously, is it gives us a chance at least to catch the Giants this week. I understand this isn't a playoff team, but it's still fun to be part of the chase for as long as we can.

Hmmmm ... as someone said earlier in the thread, if we're worthy we'll take care of the Giants ourselves. It's WAY too early in the season to even contemplate such horrible things as rooting for the Cowboys.

And two, I LOVE Wade. I don't want him going anywhere. The Cowboys need to win just enough games late to give Jerruh the excuse he wants to keep his lapdog around. Which is definitely in our best interest as the Redskins become a true playoff team in 2011 and 2012.

Actually ... this argument has merit ...

Nah. **** Dallas. I want 'em to lose every game. :)

No.

In a tough division in the NFCE you want one team solidly in the basement. We have 2 games against the Giants to prove we're the better team, for now it's best if Dallas loses next week. This is the case even if the Giants run away with the division and we're competing for the Wild Card. If Dallas is in the basement, that task becomes easier.

I hope the Cowboys win this weekend. There, i said it and i just thru up in my mouth.

A Cowboys victory over the Giants helps us.. I'm i wrong for this? Should i leave the

country?

I will bet you $10 million the cowboys will not win this weekend.

Good OP...anyone who roots for Dallas despite the impact that game would have on the Skins is focusing a little too much on the Cowboys.

I always want the NFL weekend to play out in the most beneficial way for my Skins. So, a Skins win in Chicago plus a Giants loss in Dallas would be the best scenario for us. The simple reason: at this point, Dallas is not as threatening to our chances of winning the division/making the playoffs as New York.

I will bet you $10 million the cowboys will not win this weekend.

I'm not so sure. The Giants are easily the toughest team in the division and they do have a ton of talent but they are kind of bi-polar. It's like their psyche just can't keep them consistent. They look invincible for two weeks, then they lose games they shouldn't. For the record, I expect their d-line to chew Romo sits to pee up and spit him out but I wouldn't be surprised if the G-Men pull a boner in Dallas.

I'm not so sure. The Giants are easily the toughest team in the division and they do have a ton of talent but they are kind of bi-polar. It's like their psyche just can't keep them consistent. They look invincible for two weeks, then they lose games they shouldn't. For the record, I expect their d-line to chew Romo sits to pee up and spit him out but I wouldn't be surprised if the G-Men pull a boner in Dallas.

I didn't say the giants would win.

Here's a hint, they don't play this weekend. They play on Monday Night ;)

I always want the NFL weekend to play out in the most beneficial way for my Skins. So, a Skins win in Chicago plus a Giants loss in Dallas would be the best scenario for us. The simple reason: at this point, Dallas is not as threatening to our chances of winning the division/making the playoffs as New York.

Exactly. All this stuff about always wanting Dallas to lose under any circumstance is crap. Don't get me wrong--I love it when they lose and love it even more when they suck. But at the end of the day, I have to look at the schedule of games for a given Sunday and figure out what outcomes are best for the Skins. From time to time, a Dallas victory is best for the Skins.

This weekend, a Dallas win over the Giants, a Titans win over Philly, and a Skins win over the Bears puts us back alone (technically) atop the division. If you want something other than that, you're just not being logical.

Exactly. All this stuff about always wanting Dallas to lose under any circumstance is crap. Don't get me wrong--I love it when they lose and love it even more when they suck. But at the end of the day, I have to look at the schedule of games for a given Sunday and figure out what outcomes are best for the Skins. From time to time, a Dallas victory is best for the Skins.

This weekend, a Dallas win over the Giants, a Titans win over Philly, and a Skins win over the Bears puts us back alone (technically) atop the division. If you want something other than that, you're just not being logical.

Actually the argument that having one team alone in the basement might be a big help is valid as well. We still control our destiny vs. the Giants. I don't want Dallas creeping in at all, because in the NFL you never know. And I wouldn't be surprised to finally see Dallas start clicking, even if it is too late. I want them out of the race altogether. That makes it a 3-team race other than a 4-team race.

Although I really won't care either way during the game, I think we can see positives on both sides when they play. Should be a good one to sit back and watch Romo sits to pee and Eli outstupid each other.

This is kind of OT, but the Around the Horn bozos are saying that the Cowboys can still make the playoffs if they fix their penalty problem blah blah blah...seriously??

Back on topic, I'm conflicted on this issue. I would like for us to just earn a playoff spot, but this is the Redskins we're talking about here. We need all the help we can get. Go Cowboys??

Actually the argument that having one team alone in the basement might be a big help is valid as well. We still control our destiny vs. the Giants. I don't want Dallas creeping in at all, because in the NFL you never know. And I wouldn't be surprised to finally see Dallas start clicking, even if it is too late. I want them out of the race altogether. That makes it a 3-team race other than a 4-team race.

Although I really won't care either way during the game, I think we can see positives on both sides when they play. Should be a good one to sit back and watch Romo sits to pee and Eli outstupid each other.

I suppose you could make that argument, but the point is, a lot of folks will root for the Giants just because they can't "bring themselves" to root for Dallas, which is just dumb if a Dallas win would help the Skins.

But to your point, a Giants win puts them at 5-2, and they look damn good. They could quickly become very difficult to catch. There are only two wild card teams for the conference, and I'm starting to think we may need to win the division outright to make the playoffs. We have to start worrying about the teams ahead of us, because they could leave us in the dust. The Giants and Eagles both getting to 5-2 could be a big problem. We need to keep the division lead within reach.

In other words, putting Dallas "down for the count," as fun as that sounds, doesn't really help us all that much in terms of qualifying for the playoffs, because there are too many teams in the conference right now with a record equal to or better than ours. Those are the teams we need to be concerning ourselves with right now. It's a numbers game, and there are only two wild card spots to be had.

if the cowboys win, there are only 1 loss behind us. I rather the giants go for the kill now. Its no guarantee that we beat the cowboys in Dec if they are still in the hunt

But that's just it--there's no guarantee we beat the Giants either. In fact, we never beat the Giants, and we have to play them twice still. Banking on sweeping the Giants is absurd. I'm far more worried about the Giants than I am about the Cowboys.

No.

In a tough division in the NFCE you want one team solidly in the basement. We have 2 games against the Giants to prove we're the better team, for now it's best if Dallas loses next week. This is the case even if the Giants run away with the division and we're competing for the Wild Card. If Dallas is in the basement, that task becomes easier.

There's also Philly... which just happens to have a better record, lol.

Archived