Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ok i'll say it....

GritzRgreat

I don't want Dallas creeping in at all, because in the NFL you never know.

I don't want to question Washington fans' judgement but don't most of you say that Dallas is now completely out of the picture? I sure think so, and a Cowboys win would help you.

Besides, the Eagles are also ahead of you so you might want to start thinking what's good for the Skins, not what's bad for the Boys.

I don't want to question Washington fans' judgement but don't most of you say that Dallas is now completely out of the picture? I sure think so, and a Cowboys win would help you.

Besides, the Eagles are also ahead of you so you might want to start thinking what's good for the Skins, not what's bad for the Boys.

You are basically right. Dallas may not be completely out of it, but in terms of making the playoffs, Skins fans need to be more concerned about the teams that are even with us or ahead of us in the conference, because right now, the Saints and the Eagles are the two wild card teams. We don't have the luxury of worrying about the teams that are behind us.

I mean, the Lions could run the table and win the NFC North--anything's possible--but you have to figure out what scenario offers the Skins the most help. Putting Dallas down for the count is not nearly as important as thwarting the teams we are chasing right now.

I think people are just letting their hatred of Dallas cloud their judgment right now.

I have absolutely contended that Dallas is not out of the picture and have done so all day long. However, smarty-pants- if you want to tell people what they should be doing, why don't you flipper back over to your Cowboys forum and worry about what's wrong with your Cowboys, not what Redskin fans are thinking about. That's it... run along.

I have absolutely contended that Dallas is not out of the picture and have done so all day long. However, smarty-pants- if you want to tell people what they should be doing, why don't you flipper back over to your Cowboys forum and worry about what's wrong with your Cowboys, not what Redskin fans are thinking about. That's it... run along.

I said "most of you", which literally means "not everyone". Not trying to stir up an argument. Temper, bro... temper.

If we can't beat the Giants at least once then we don't deserve the playoffs. I would rather cheer on the Vikings, Packers, or Eagles to beat the Giants.

You're not thinking clearly. If the Giants beat Dallas, and Philly beats the Giants, that could be a potentially disastrous scenario for our playoff chances. We need the teams we are chasing to lose games, and we always struggle against the Giants.

i get what you are saying but I would rather the Giants win to lop the head off of Dallas.

Dallas is like a zombie thats been run over by a truck, shot with a shotgun and had its arms ripped off. As we all know the Zombie is still gonna jump up and attack so mitght aswell just finish it.

Then we will deal with the Giants when we play them.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Dallas' season isn't over yet? Take a look at the NFC, it isn't an impressive group at all. Assuming that the Cowboys beat the Giants and the Eagles lose to the Titans, the Cowboys would still only be two games behind with over half the season to play. Hopefully the Giants take care of business this week so the Skins only have to compete with two teams instead of three.

No, I hope the Cowboys continue to lose until they are, for certain, out of the playoffs and in the bottom of the East.

The only way I could EVER hope for a Cowboys win is if the Skins playoff chances were directly related. This early in the season can NOT be directly related to a Skins playoff birth.

What I do hope for is that Tony Romo sits to pee will be sacked double digits this game.

Am I the only one who doesn't think Dallas' season isn't over yet? Take a look at the NFC, it isn't an impressive group at all. Assuming that the Cowboys beat the Giants and the Eagles lose to the Titans, the Cowboys would still only be two games behind with over half the season to play. Hopefully the Giants take care of business this week so the Skins only have to compete with two teams instead of three.

It doesn't matter whether Dallas' season is over or not, because if the Giants and Eagles continue to win, Dallas becomes irrelevant.

Look around. Right now, the Giants and Falcons lead their divisions, and the Saints and Eagles hold the wild card spots. WE'RE ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN. If those teams above us don't start losing some games, you won't have to worry about Dallas, because we won't have a chance anyway. We don't have the luxury of worrying about the teams behind us right now.

I'm cheering for the Cowboys. Where is this new found confidence coming from that we can easily take down the Giants??? A Tom Coughlin coached Giants has taken down a Zorn and Gibbs coached Redskins. A Tom Coughlin coached Giants also beat a 13-3 Shanahan coached Broncos team in 2005. Should I bring up a 2008 Haslett defense that played against the Giants or a 2005 Saints team coached by Haslett that played against the Coughlin led Giants???

It doesn't matter whether Dallas' season is over or not, because if the Giants and Eagles continue to win, Dallas becomes irrelevant.

Look around. Right now, the Giants and Falcons lead their divisions, and the Saints and Eagles hold the wild card spots. WE'RE ON THE OUTSIDE LOOKING IN. If those teams above us don't start losing some games, you won't have to worry about Dallas, because we won't have a chance anyway. We don't have the luxury of worrying about the teams behind us right now.

So, you want Dallas right there with us, the Eagles and the Giants? You're missing the fact that if we handle our business against those two teams then we'll make the playoffs. We control our destiny over both the Eagles and the Giants. Don't forget our NFCE+NFC record and that we already have a victory over the Eagles.

The Cowboys biggest problem is discipline. You can't just say, we are gooing to stop making stupid mistakes. Plus a lot of their guys, for all their talent, just play stupid. You don't fix that once the season starts. The way the Giants are playing, I think they are going to pile drive the Cowboys into the dirt. It may not help us a whole lot, but watching it will still feel good.

I'm cheering for the Cowboys. Where is this new found confidence coming from that we can easily take down the Giants??? A Tom Coughlin coached Giants has taken down a Zorn and Gibbs coached Redskins. A Tom Coughlin coached Giants also beat a 13-3 Shanahan coached Broncos team in 2005. Should I bring up a 2008 Haslett defense that played against the Giants or a 2005 Saints team coached by Haslett that played against the Coughlin led Giants???

This all the way! Good post.

The skins have shown in the past (and this season) that we can handle the Eagles and the Cowboys. Its the Giants who have flat out owned us over the past handful of seasons. I'll take any/all the help we can get when it comes to the Giants and i do think the winner of the east will come right down to the last game, a game in DC.

So, you want Dallas right there with us, the Eagles and the Giants? You're missing the fact that if we handle our business against those two teams then we'll make the playoffs. We control our destiny over both the Eagles and the Giants. Don't forget our NFCE+NFC record and that we already have a victory over the Eagles.

If Dallas wins, they're 2-4. If we beat the Bears, we're 4-3. How is that right there with us? Now, if we lose to the Bears, we're 3-4 and have to worry about everybody.

My concern is that the Giants look infinitely better than Dallas, and banking on anything better than a spilt vs. the Giants is foolish.

Let's say the Falcons and Giants win the NFC South and NFC East, and the Bears win the NFC North. That means we're battling with the Saints, Eagles, Packers, Vikings, Rams, Seattle or Arizona, Tampa, and I suppose Dallas, for exactly TWO playoff spots. That means we have to finish better than ALL of those teams except one, just to squeak into the playoffs.

Dallas is not winning the division this year. If you accept that premise (which I do), then you'd understand that Dallas is no more important to us than the Saints, Seattle, Green Bay, the Rams, etc., because we're in competition with all of those teams for a potential wild card spot.

What I'm driving at is we have to keep the division title within reach, because securing a wildcard spot will be no easy task. The moment we concede the division to the Giants or Eagles, our playoff chances become exponentially harder. And if you realize that Dallas isn't going to win the division anyway, then they are no more important to our playoff chances than any number of other non-NFC East teams are.

I'm cheering for the Cowboys. Where is this new found confidence coming from that we can easily take down the Giants???

This is dead-on. Anyone banking on anything better than a split vs. the Giants probably also believes in the Tooth Fairy.

You're not thinking clearly. If the Giants beat Dallas, and Philly beats the Giants, that could be a potentially disastrous scenario for our playoff chances. We need the teams we are chasing to lose games, and we always struggle against the Giants.

Nope. The Giants can lose to the Eagles once (they haven't played yet). Plus, the Eagles have to play the Titans, Colts, Houston, And Minnesota. We don't need the help from Dallas. If we don't win ourselves, then all this talk of playoff scenarios is meaningless. We control our own destiny.

Nope. The Giants can lose to the Eagles once (they haven't played yet). Plus, the Eagles have to play the Titans, Colts, Houston, And Minnesota. We don't need the help from Dallas. If we don't win ourselves, then all this talk of playoff scenarios is meaningless.

It's not even a matter of needing help from Dallas. It's a matter of determining which team poses a greater threat to our playoff chances. Without question, that is the Giants. It's not even debatable. Assuming Dallas doesn't win the division (which they won't), Dallas is no more important to our playoff chances than any number of NFC teams outside of our division.

Archived