Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanny Jr's Play Calling

Chase M

Can Carlos Rogers catch a cold?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Can Carlos Rogers catch a cold?

A simple case of someone being praised, because of their last name. The Texans offense still look good and on that pitch out on 3rd and 1 I pretty much came to the conclusion that I hope this guy is not the coach in waiting...hopefully he learns as he go along...

A little early to say that don't you think? I think he deserves credit where it's due. That offense was garbage when he got there. We're 6 games into this season with no oline and very little in terms of playmakers on the offense. You can't expect a complete change overnight

A simple case of someone being praised, because of their last name. The Texans offense still look good and on that pitch out on 3rd and 1 I pretty much came to the conclusion that I hope this guy is not the coach in waiting...hopefully he learns as he go along...

i mean ... you really thought he was a coach in waiting, and now you are dissapointed?

this is the problem ...people are crazy. sorry ...but people and their twisted take on reality and the expectations that are born from them ARE CRAZY.

A little early to say that don't you think? I think he deserves credit where it's due. That offense was garbage when he got there. We're 6 games into this season with no oline and very little in terms of playmakers on the offense. You can't expect a complete change overnight

The problem is that this offence isn't garbage now. There are certain things we do well, and certain things we don't. We proved all night that we could NOT run outside the numbers, and showed that we ran quite well between the hash marks. Why would you run a toss outside the hash marks on the most critical play of the game.

The fourth down play I have no problem with, Mcnabb missed Davis wide open. However, I have a huge problem with the lack of shotgun formations. Mcnabb constantly threw with pressure in his face because he was under center taking only three step drops. We've got to get the guy off of the line to give him more space to step up and throw.

His play calling has been really terrible most of the season. He's completely clueless in the red zone.

That stretch run on 3rd and 1 after the Adai fumble probably lost us the game.

Granted, it's no easy task when you're working with a patchwork O-line and your best receiving threat is a 27 year old rookie.

^ Good point, Vilandil, the lack of shotgun is really depressing. There's a man directly in McNabb's face after every 3 step drop.

Not saying he called a great game but you can't put the last drive on him. 1st play 5 yard gain, nice call. Second play sack so how do you know where the play was designed to go? 3rd play was very well designed with Williams 1 on 1 with a LB but couldn't get separation-should have been a nice gain. Last play McNabb was under pressure and throw it long in desperation. I'm sure he had other options to go to on that last play. Maybe they were covered? It's too hard to judge playcalling from watching it on TV or at game. There's multiple receivers on all routes so how do you know where the play is designed to go??

I honestly think McNabb just launched it deep that last play because he knew he didnt have time or anyone else open. Collinsworth said he had Davis, but Davis was well short of the first down line, and everyone would've been screaming at McNabb for checking it down on 4th down.

But I was very unimpressed with the play selection tonight. Its 3rd & 1 and we call a pitch to Torrain?? Torrain is slow as molasses he needs to be running straight forward! Also, we need to drive down field on the last drive and McNabb is lined up under center WHY?? We're not going to run the ball so there's no need to be under center knowing that McNabb has been pressured all night and can hardly make a 5 step drop. Was very confused by the play selection all night but proud that the Skins played hard all the way to the end.

A McNabb sneak would have gotten that. Maybe it was a 'catchemoffguard' kinda thing? I don't know.

One thing I do know is this; We are VERY close to being an upper echilon team. It's going to happen.

I am more upset STILL about the loss to the Rams, than I am about anything that happened tonight.

Our Skins are going to win the next three ball games!

still trying to figure out why he ran a toss on 3rd & 1 when Torain had been having success up the middle

I agree that call really ticked me off.

Skins had there chances 4 turnovers and we still can't win?

Should have stuck more with the running game tonight and dialed up #13 AGAIN.

Archived