Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanny Jr's Play Calling

Chase M

Can Carlos Rogers catch a cold?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Can Carlos Rogers catch a cold?

It wasn't as bad a call as people think. Clint Session just read the play perfectly you can't deny that he was just able to find the play and see Torain. Not the best play call but I can understand why he called it too.

Torain is not a fast guy but he is very powerful. Hand him the ball and let him run it up the gut. If that would have failed, I would have been very surprised but at least it would have made a lot more sense.

dropping 4 INTs was the reason we lost, simple as that. you cannot squander golden opportunities against a guy like that. moore and rogers should be embarrassed at dropping those passes, especially moore. my god was that a joke of a pick. manning should buy him a mercedes after that one.

You're absolutely right. People keep kneeling to Peyton Manning, but he was giving them the ball, they just didn't want to take it.

You all remember what we used to look like on offense right? :ols:

I am with Duckus. Shanahan Jr is doing his best, we have an average Oline, a QB who is learning the system, WR corps who are prob among the worst in the league etc.

This team will get better on offense, I am more worried about the defensive coaching. Sure Jr didn't have his best game but Haslett clear crapped the nest with that gameplan.

still trying to figure out why he ran a toss on 3rd & 1 when Torain had been having success up the middle

Yeah, that's a play that had me scratching my head. Why run a toss play on a team that built for speed? Just run the ball like you had been all night long. For their sake, I hope they saw something we didn't.

Other than that, nothing really stood out to me as a bad call.

This is the NFL, **** happens, sometimes your gameplan isn't nearly as good as you thought it would be. Even Joe Gibbs' teams sometimes wandered into games and got beat down or had their offense stuffed or the defense run over. It can happen to almost any team at any time. We played a good team tonight and just didn't quite do enough to win. We hung close and our players can be proud that they didn't give up. They know they have to improve, hopefully we'll show something next week.

dropping 4 INTs was the reason we lost, simple as that. you cannot squander golden opportunities against a guy like that. moore and rogers should be embarrassed at dropping those passes, especially moore. my god was that a joke of a pick. manning should buy him a mercedes after that one.

Speaking of dropping balls, Carlos Rogers needs to be locked in a room for several hours and should only be released once he learns how to catch. It's beyond embarrassing at this point.

We were in the PERFECT position to tie or win the game. A lil over 2 mins and 4 downs to work with. He calls short 5 yard screen, short pass, short pass then on 4th down decides to go long?

Kyle is to blame for the L folks not the D.

I put much of that on McNabb. Beyond one game (houston), he hasn't done diddly squat this year. Now you see why Reid wasn't pressed about trading him within the division. He's too inconsistent for my liking.

We were in the PERFECT position to tie or win the game. A lil over 2 mins and 4 downs to work with. He calls short 5 yard screen, short pass, short pass then on 4th down decides to go long?

Colts had been getting pressure all game. You'll notice that we didn't really call anything deep all game? We had 60 yards to go, with four clock stoppages. With the Colts playing deep coverage, you take the underneath stuff. Younger Shanny is using what he has to the best of his ability. If the Colts don't sack McNabb on 2nd and 5, we're in a great position. And as the replay shows, it wasn't Shanny that decided to go deep, it was McNabb when he had a wide open Davis who could have gotten the first down.

Torain is not a fast guy but he is very powerful. Hand him the ball and let him run it up the gut. If that would have failed, I would have been very surprised but at least it would have made a lot more sense.

No doubt I agree I'm just saying he's also shown that he can get to the outside and make a play too he was able to take a few stretch plays and run them for big gains and maybe that lead to some of the decision. It's tough to tell and I'm not Shanny Jr so I don't know why he went that way but I can't fault him for his gameplan today

I put much of that on McNabb. Beyond one game (houston), he hasn't done diddly squat this year. Now you see why Reid wasn't pressed about trading him within the division. He's too inconsistent for my liking.

Really I guess you have not been watching the skins this year!

The deep pass on 4th down is all McNabb. Coordinators don't tell QBs to huck it deep no matter what. McNabb has to make that decision.

That was the thing about that play, it was a double whammy. He made the decision to chuck it, then made it worse by not even throwing a catchable ball. That ball was like 5-10 yards overthrown.

A lot of revisionist history on McNabb, he didn't win all those games in Philly by accident.

I'm questioning the clock management more than anything.

Ah man when we were driving down the field and they were taking their time I was so pissed we scored with like 2:48 left I believe we could have easily added a min thirty with a faster hurry up. No sense of urgency it was killing me.

It was pretty puzzling to see them call that crazy crap considering Torain was running pretty well...I thought we had it...just freekin grind it out. Use the 2 min up and at leat tie it? The ealier 3rd and 1 made me scream too. Just sneak it like before and get a new set of downs. Fun in the film room tomorrow for daddy and son.

Archived