Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The legendary 2010 Dallas Cowboys, fighting for homefield advantage at 1-2

PF Chang

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/columns/story?columnist=macmahon_tim&id=5651055

"The schedule is certainly set up for the Cowboys to seize control of the division and their playoff destiny. Three of the next four games are at home. That's followed by a trip to Green Bay, where the Cowboys will face one of the teams they'll likely be fighting for home-field advantage in the playoffs."

ESPN must be holding a contest among its writers to determine who can sabotage its credibility faster. Is there another way to explain how the team currently LAST in the division is suddenly poised to destroy all opponents, stopping only to acknowledge games against "teams they'll be fighting for home-field advantage?"

I used to think that the complaining about Cowboys love was slightly overblown and was merely ESPN catering to a new redneck audience that may just be discovering the internet. It's gone beyond that. ESPN has now gone as far as damage control articles on behalf of the Cowboys. This is the most pathetic piece of "journalism" that I've ever read.

Seriously, how dumb is BSPN . This just shows how in love they are with Dall@ss. One win over a Houston team that should be 2-2 and everyone is on their bandwagon as if those 2 losses they have didn't mean squat. None of their upcoming games are gimmes and they would be lucky to any of them.

Care to explain this statement? Did Houston cheat or something?

I think he means the two loses should be against Washington and Dallas and the two wins with Indy and Oakland? I think it's still too early to make any prediction on whos taking home field advantage. If you are going to assume Dallas is in the hunt you better believe Washington and Philly are in the hunt too. NY, not so much. They blow.

Care to explain how a writer can use 'likely' when talking about a 1-2 team that's about to get its butt handed to it in the next three games.

At least that 1-2 record is keeping new puke fan posters away.

One more loss this Sunday, and we should see even fewer puke fans.

A botched chip shot field goal was the difference. But shoulda, coulda, woulda...didn't.

I do like how Colinshaw completely ignores the Saints and Falcons in this discussion, or how much more difficult the schedule is for the Cowboys this year (especially going to Indy, Minnesota and GB on the cusp of acquiring Randy Moss). He praises Roy Williams, but forgets that line is still a huge question mark. Yes, they beat the Texans, but also lost to two very average teams (at best), in September when the Cowboys play their best. Not to mention, they have the Titans who aren't bad, they have the Giants who they never play well against. Neither of those games are a gimmie.

So Colinshaw saying the Cowboys are "likely" to get homefield advantage, despite being 1.5 games behind three very good teams with much easier schedules is a bit premature. Oh and Wade Phillips is still their HC!

But Dallas is so TALENTED; they are loaded with TALENT on both side of the ball. Have you seen their TALENT? They have so much TALENT; you should check it out. Did I mention they are TALENTED? Wanna see TALENT? Check out the Cowboys. TALENT? They've got it (by "it", I mean TALENT). TALENT on offensive/TALENT on defense....just so freakin' TALENTED.

TALENT! T A L E N T!

Synopsis: there is no way any other team in the NFC East stands a chance; Dallas is just too TALENTED.

Part of this, pathetically enough, is the media's complete refusal to admit that just maybe, they were wrong in their projections. Just maybe, they don't exactly understand football beyond giddiness over a Vick scramble or Romo sits to pee pass to the chosen one (Dez Bryant).

This writer believes the Cowboys are elite, and he'll be damned if he's going to let something like the actual games get in the way of that. In addition to my lament at the top of the thread, the saddest thing is that you can see straight through this piece of crap article. It is completely obvious to any objective reader that the writer has an angle. He begins with the premise that the Cowboys are going to be great, without facts, then stretches things to fit the premise.

Then again, there's really no other way to justify the piece.

The Cowboys schedule is anything but easy

vs Titans

@Vikings

vsGiants

vsJags

@Packers

@Giants

vsLions

vsSaints--Thanksgiving

@Colts

vsRedskins

@Cardinals

@Eagles

So maybe they have 3 or 4 easy games but thats it. Plus 3 of their last 4 are on the road against teams that could be in the playoff hunt as well.

The Cowboys schedule is anything but easy

vs Titans

@Vikings

vsGiants

vsJags

@Packers

@Giants

vsLions

vsSaints--Thanksgiving

@Colts

vsRedskins

@Cardinals

@Eagles

So maybe they have 3 or 4 easy games but thats it. Plus 3 of their last 4 are on the road against teams that could be in the playoff hunt as well.

No worries if you're a Cowboy fan. As the article notes, three of their next four games are at home. I guess that's all that matters, if the Cowboys are at home in their super awesome stadium they are sure to win.

Care to explain how a writer can use 'likely' when talking about a 1-2 team that's about to get its butt handed to it in the next three games.

At least that 1-2 record is keeping new puke fan posters away.

One more loss this Sunday, and we should see even fewer puke fans.

I suggest you go talk to his editor. I am not affiliated with ESPN, ESPNDALLAS, or Mr. MacMahon in any way. And unlike you and the rest of your jealous fan base, I don't let silly articles get to me. The guy is an idiot. Threads like this generate more click-through traffic for writers like him. Fans like you folks are the cause of the problem.

Are you being a **** or just stupid?

Actually, I was kind of curious. I thought the Texans beat the three opponents that they have wins against fair/square. I come to this board and find that some people believe otherwise. I was just curious as to how/why some people believe that the Texans should be 2-2.

I suggest you go talk to his editor. I am not affiliated with ESPN, ESPNDALLAS, or Mr. MacMahon in any way. And unlike you and the rest of your jealous fan base, I don't let silly articles get to me. The guy is an idiot. Threads like this generate more click-through traffic for writers like him. Fans like you folks are the cause of the problem.

I love how Cowboys fans blame everyone EXCEPT their own team, their owner, or the media for all the undeserved love the Cowboys get lol :ols:..."It's YOUR fault that the media makes these asinine, ridiculously complimentary articles about the Cowboys! You're just jealous!!"

RS, your posts lately have sunk to an even lower level of ineptitude than Dallas' RT position.

I love how Cowboys fans blame everyone EXCEPT their own team, their owner, or the media for all the undeserved love the Cowboys get lol :ols:..."It's YOUR fault that the media makes these asinine, ridiculously complimentary articles about the Cowboys! You're just jealous!!"

RS, your posts lately have sunk to an even lower level of ineptitude than Dallas' RT position.

I'm not sure what you want me to say. I'm not the one that generates the traffic. The fans that I know that are Boys fans are not the ones that generate the traffic. So where the heck does it come from? I've had the good fortune to live in Dallas for a third of my life and I know that those folks live/breathe the Cowboys. I know that when I lived in Northern Virginia that there were a fair amount of Dallas fans that are likely culprits. Is it my fault that Dan Snyder can't keep/make fans in his own geographical region?

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I don't agree with the writer. Period.

Archived