Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan Presser at 3:00, 9/27 (MET)

SIXX99

Shanny seemed funny today. I guess that's what a W will do for you :)

Funny but in control and the media seemed afraid to laugh.

For example, Brandon knows if he fumbles, he'll be cut. Although trying to be funny, you can't help but think he wasn't kidding.

Ryan O'Halloran ryanohalloran

Five quickies from 14-minute Shanahan session: 1. Said Portis had an MRI on groin today. Guess we'll get results on CP's radio show. less than 5 seconds ago via web

2. Said Haynesworth had "by far" his best game of the season. Four tackles and drew two holding penalties. less than 20 seconds ago via web

3. Will be surprised if T. Williams isn't ready to practice fully on Wednesday. He's missed last two games. "Much improved," Shanny said. half a minute ago via web

4. Said main reason Torain didnt make original 53 is that they were confident he would clear waivers. Said Torain is on 53 to stay.

5. Before injury, said Portis was "exceptional," and "came back with a vengence."

Look at the date when he said that. It was from last weeks game presser.

I might be wrong, but I don' think we brought banks up until this week.

At the time he posted that he was correct because Banks wasn't brought up until this week

Ah. Thank you. I knew I was missing something. Seems like an odd thread to update weekly, but my mistake either way.

nothing on hyer or bidwell? very surprised this was not brought up during the presser seemed to be the two biggest issues

Heyer was up against an top caliber DE, he had one hold and two false starts and the Skins only gave up one sack. That's NOT a bad game.

is this what it has come to? one thread for all the press conferences?

i hate to say it, ubt I hate the new ES.com. yeah yeah yeah, love it or leave it - just my opinion

One person bumped this thread for a random response. Then, seeing it bumped, others started updating it with today's presser quotes.

What the hell does any of that have to do with the new ES? The "new" ES is exactly like the old one.....it just looks different.

There is usually a new thread every week but someone decided bump this thread to pat themself on the back. That caused people to use this thread for today's presser.

Yeah there's blame when a new thread gets created and blame when an old one gets bumped. Seems like the perfect paradox.

I like to bump threads when it has to do with predictions and/or thoughts on certain personnel moves etc. Without recourse, how will we ever know when we're right or wrong in arguing a point. Otherwise, is the arguing even worth it if we never re-visit our prior stances?

For the record, I vehemently disagreed with the London Fletcher signing. Obviously, I was apocolyptically wrong on that one.

Archived