Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan Presser at 3:00, 9/27 (MET)

SIXX99

IOn the D: Happy with rush D, and happy we still have the personnel to run 34. Needs work in pass D/ mainly in 3rd down situations. Pleased with Moore's effort..

Also said however, that they are still constantly evaluating the D. Coach seems to be big on constant evaluation of the players /per position /. For those thinking that we are stuck with the current players that we have on D right now, just remember coach "evaluated" LJ's ass off the roster after only 2 regular season games. It wouldn't suprise me one bit if 10 - 15 of the current players that are on the 53 right now, are not there by the end of the year. :2cents:

EDIT: Disclaimer: I'm not talking about due to injury, but due to ongoing "evaluations".

Dropping a bomb from Super 5 that should have been a TD during OTAs for one. Sloppy route running. Not knowing all 3 WR positions isn't helping either.

How is it that out of the 9 WR's taken in the 2nd round of the 2008 draft we got the most inept of the bunch. Thanks Vinny.

RedskinsInsider

FWIW, Portis said he was healthy after game RT @Rich_Campbell Shanahan: Clinton's wrist impacted his decision to use Torain more in 2nd half

We gave up on running the ball in the second half anyway. 5 carries for a yard then nothing after the mid point of the 3rd Qtr. Nothing at all.

I know this is somewhat off topic, but honestly.. I can't even begin to understand all the Shanny hate and the Redskins hate at this point.. I think part of it is because the first two games gave people hope, and then when that was crushed they lashed out. I get that, we want this team to win, we want to turn the corner and when you realize you haven't it's painful, but guys.. This is the first damn year and THREE games in, can we please give the guy 2-3 years before we start losing our cool.

That being said, I'd love to see everyone go back and watch the first three games last year, then watch the last three games this year. After your done, come back and tell me that this team isn't an improvement everywhere except the defense. Which I would argue is more about getting comfortable with the new scheme.

Bottom line, I'm not drinking the cool aid and saying this team is awesome and were going to the bowl, I'm just saying that given all the change, getting a new GM, getting a "real" head coach etc that they deserve to have the time to set it up their way. That's going to take 2-3 years or more. 90% of the fans got exactly what we demanded last year, the least we can do is give it time to work.

You can't put anything about those passes on McNabb they hit Galloway in the hands. If that is Andre Johnson or Randy Moss do you think they drop it?

Again I'm saying the one he dropped yesterday if you watch again was pass interference or holding it was clearly one of those two. The one against Houston I will give you he missed it I'm not saying it otherwise I'm saying though McNabb overthrew the pass just a little bit it wasn't a perfect pass but again Galloway should have gotten it

i love the comment about "when hes better than the guys in front of him".

so yesterday i guess devin would have made -1 catches for -8 yards. cause roydell williams was the only other WR with a catch yesterday.

Come on man, that's Monday morning QBing at it's finest.. You can't base his talent or ability to provide to the team on one game.. hell Zorn wouldn't even play the guy. There is a reason he's not in, they've seen a lot more of his work ethic and stuff than the fans have, you can't make personel decisions after one game. (Unless your the Eagles)

Come on man, that's Monday morning QBing at it's finest.. You can't base his talent or ability to provide to the team on one game.. hell Zorn wouldn't even play the guy. There is a reason he's not in, they've seen a lot more of his work ethic and stuff than the fans have, you can't make personel decisions after one game. (Unless your the Eagles)

But Zorn eventually gave in and played him and he put up pretty solid numbers in the latter part of last season.

FACT: we're extremely thin at WR.

FACT: devin thomas has natural ability and did show flashes last year of being good.

FACT: we gain nothing from sitting him on the bench.

this seems more like shanny grudge stuff than devin being that terrible. start him for one game, hell start him for two series. if he sucks, pull the plug and we can move on. hell even haynesworth is getting a little PT and hes way deeper in the dog house than devin11.

So you want someone like Zorn who will go over the game plan with the media before games?

We had game plans last year? Who knew.

Actually all Shanny needed to say today for me was "Sorry - we stunk. Now I got work to do". I'd rather he spent time dealing with the team and getting better execution than answering questions in coach speak.

Ok someone has to say it, even ZORN with Campbell could get some production out of Thomas.

he had that sweet reverse 2 years ago when he showed off his speed, he had that 100 yard game against NO last year. the guy is big and fast, and right now, youd think that'd be enough to supplant roydell williams for at least the #4 WR job.

You can't put anything about those passes on McNabb they hit Galloway in the hands. If that is Andre Johnson or Randy Moss do you think they drop it?

Nope.

McNabb has pretty much done his job and done it well. The problem is, every time we get rolling a receiver drops a ball or Heyer or someone else gets flagged for holding and negates a good play.

Ha, Shanny is so vague. If the punter is fine, why bring in Hunter? Just kicking the tires?

:1stplace:

Here, you win best sig on ES. Is that chick scratching off a lottery ticket?

Ok someone has to say it, even ZORN with Campbell could get some production out of Thomas.

I was about to say the same thing. If Campbell/Zorn can get production out of Thomas then McNabb/Shanny definitely can.

How is it that out of the 9 WR's taken in the 2nd round of the 2008 draft we got the most inept of the bunch. Thanks Vinny.

Hardly, considering that at least three of those guys aren't even in the league anymore. Devin at least has a role. Personally, I wonder if the coaching he's gotten the past couple of years have been worth a damn.

Exactly. You can't give me a reason other than Shanny's ego that Devin Thomas shouldn't be getting some playing time.

I dunno what it is. I thought Thomas would have a breakout year this year, but I guess not. I mean we don't know what's going on in practices. If Thomas can't run the right routes then he's not going to play. I'm sure he'll start to see time at WR as the season goes on.

I dunno what it is. I thought Thomas would have a breakout year this year, but I guess not. I mean we don't know what's going on in practices. If Thomas can't run the right routes then he's not going to play. I'm sure he'll start to see time at WR as the season goes on.

what i wanna know is.....how friggin hard is it to run a route? i mean theres not that many of them. theres a comeback, a slant, a post, a go, an out, a drag, and a few variations on each. theres probably no more than 10-12 routes. am i seriously to believe that a guy with his size and speed cannot run 2-4 of these routes effectively?? if thats the case hes one of the worst picks in franchise history.

is vinny that terrible that his first draft pick in the 2008 was a WR that could not run a route?

I think I'm in the same boat as everyone else. Roydell Williams looks absolutely terrible. You're telling me he is the best we can put out there? If, for whatever reason DT isn't playing, you're telling me there aren't some promising practice squad guys that could come in right now and do better?

what i wanna know is.....how friggin hard is it to run a route? i mean theres not that many of them. theres a comeback, a slant, a post, a go, an out, a drag, and a few variations on each. theres probably no more than 10-12 routes. am i seriously to believe that a guy with his size and speed cannot run 2-4 of these routes effectively?? if thats the case hes one of the worst picks in franchise history.

is vinny that terrible that his first draft pick in the 2008 was a WR that could not run a route?

I played WR in HS, so if a slow white kid can do it, I'm sure DT can lol.

But the thing ppl forget is that he played 2 years of JuCo ball and only 1 year at MSU. So he is a very raw WR talent. He has the physical skills, but he's not a technically sound WR apparently. If he isn't running his routes crisply, that could lead to INTs by McNabb because Thomas isn't in the right spot. So that's probably a concern for the coaches. However, I find it hard to believe that by now he doesn't have his routes down.

So its either Shanny sending a message, which I'm not sure he's doing or Thomas just isn't working hard enough to perfect his route running, which I'm not sure he isn't doing. Sounds like its a little of both from each side. But I think we're going to need Thomas if this offense is going to do much this year.

I played WR in HS, so if a slow white kid can do it, I'm sure DT can lol.

But the thing ppl forget is that he played 2 years of JuCo ball and only 1 year at MSU. So he is a very raw WR talent. He has the physical skills, but he's not a technically sound WR apparently. If he isn't running his routes crisply, that could lead to INTs by McNabb because Thomas isn't in the right spot. So that's probably a concern for the coaches. However, I find it hard to believe that by now he doesn't have his routes down.

So its either Shanny sending a message, which I'm not sure he's doing or Thomas just isn't working hard enough to perfect his route running, which I'm not sure he isn't doing. Sounds like its a little of both from each side. But I think we're going to need Thomas if this offense is going to do much this year.

honestly tho, lets say he is a crappy route runner, that might be the case. hes gotta be able to run A COUPLE OF THEM right?? i mean running a slant is not tough. running a crossing route cant be tough. maybe hes not crafty enough to get DBs to bite on a double move, or he cant sell a fade, or some of the other more difficult NFL WR moves. i get that. maybe his blocking is suspect, i get that too.

but my god, how can the guy not run a few simple NFL routes? hes got the size and speed to make plays, weve seen him make them before, and now hes not even getting a shot. pretty odd.

Archived