Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Shanahan Presser at 3:00, 9/27 (MET)

SIXX99

Brandon Banks should also be on the field more often. I'm a fan and I don't know S**T, but I know that if he's fast and makes people miss, that's two qualities most of the other offensive players don't have.

Fumbles notwithstanding, play this guy already! (Fumbleitis can be cured)

thats my biggest problem with our roster now. we have 0 "electricity". we dont have a scary player, a guy that teams fear. moss is still a great receiver, but hes not going to terrify teams like he did in 2005.

we dont have an electric player, and i really hope shanallen gets one for us by next season.

Brandon Banks should also be on the field more often. I'm a fan and I don't know S**T, but I know that if he's fast and makes people miss, that's two qualities most of the other offensive players don't have.

Our so called genius coach decided to cut him. Hopefully we bring him back this week as Buchanon also muffs punts and make boneheaded plays that costs us games. Only Buchanon is washed up and Banks has upside.

LOLOLOL

You do realize Banks isn't on the team. Right?

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Redskins_Sign_Torain_to_Roster__Release_Banks_157828.jsp

I swear some of you all are helpless. :ols:

The problem is that the talk about Shanny's ego affecting team performance that was in Denver looks like it has come over to the Redskins. He just had to have the 3-4, even so as to alienate one of the most dominant DT in the NFL, and our D goes from perennial top 10 to bottom in the league. You have to be a dumb Pukes fan to believe that this isn't a coinicidence. We don't have the players for a 3-4, yet Shanny thinks he can mold all these 4-3 players into 3-4 players.

Shanny came in and caused all this turmoil, and we are lierally 1 penalty away from being the worst team in the league record wise. Is it too soon to panic. yes. Is it too soon to start asking Shanny WTF is he thinking on 3-4, not starting Devin, why are you still fighting with our only All-Pro DT. No. All valid questions.

See, this is why fans (like me) are apt to think they know better than the coaches sometimes.

Even though i DON'T know more than the coaches, I sometimes feel like they are too close to the situation to look at stuff with an unbiased opinion, and put the best 11 on the field. Fact is, Philip Buchanan had five opportunities that resulted in three fair catches and two returns for one yard. Banks comes in and rips off a 50+ yarder in his very first attempt.

To me, it really is just that simple. Play the guy who has a better chance to make a game-changing play, even if he may be somewhat riskier than the safe, non-game-changing guy.

What took Shanahan and staff four weeks to figure out, would have taken me four seconds to figure out. On my team, Banks would have been returning punts week one vs. Dallas.

See, this is why fans (like me) are apt to think they know better than the coaches sometimes.

Even though i DON'T know more than the coaches, I sometimes feel like they are too close to the situation to look at stuff with an unbiased opinion, and put the best 11 on the field. Fact is, Philip Buchanan had five opportunities that resulted in three fair catches and two returns for one yard. Banks comes in and rips off a 50+ yarder in his very first attempt.

To me, it really is just that simple. Play the guy who has a better chance to make a game-changing play, even if he may be somewhat riskier than the safe, non-game-changing guy.

What took Shanahan and staff four weeks to figure out, would have taken me four seconds to figure out. On my team, Banks would have been returning punts week one vs. Dallas.

Make sure you stretch, you don't wanna pull something reaching around to pat yourself on the back :D

Grant Paulsen granthpaulsen

Shanahan on Portis' health: ''We should find something out in the next couple hours .. MRI will come in.''

Mike Jones MikeJonesTBD

Shanahan: We stress all the time the importance of division games. less than a minute ago via txt

Russellmania09

Shanahan: "if you win your division, your guaranteed a home playoff game" so that is the emphasis. #Redskins 2 minutes ago via web

granthpaulsen

Shanahan on watching all 16g of div rivals: ''I think everybody does. You study scheme, you study personnel, you study everything they do.'' half a minute ago via txt

RickMaese

Shanahan says "if he had to do it over again," McNabb wouldve stayed inbounds on late scramble rather than running out and stopping clock 1 minute ago via TweetDeck

# RickMaese

Shanahan on Torain: "I'm looking for him to have a good NFL career" half a minute ago via TweetDeck

Russellmania09

Shanahan: "Ryan's been a guy who's had a lot of injuries both college and pro" ..."I was happy for him" #Redskins less than a minute ago via web

granthpaulsen

Shanahan on Torain: ''Every back is different ... He's a downhill runner.. He's got a lot of attributes and we're really positive on him.'' less than a minute ago via txt

RickMaese

Shanahan on Torain: "We knew we'd bring him up" from practice squad. Says "We wouldve been heartbroken" if someone else snagged him half a minute ago via TweetDeck

MikeJonesTBD

Shanahan on Torain: "I can garuantee you he will not be placed on the practice squad again this season."

granthpaulsen

Shanahan on Torain: ''Any time you rotate backs throughout.. preseason its hard for 1 guy to get into a groove.. Ryan's got a big upside.'' half a minute ago via txt

Russellmania09

Shanahan: on the two timeouts "That's a good question" He joked about not using the three in first half. half a minute ago via web

Rich_Campbell

Shanahan: Originally putting Torain on pract squad was a calculated move. They thought teams would stay away from him bc of injury history. less than 20 seconds ago via twidroid

Russellmania09

Shanahan "One of the best hits I've been around (Lorenzo) The bench just exploded. It was very very special" #Redskins half a minute ago via web

MikeJonesTBD

Shanahan on Portis first half "I thought he was exceptional." 1 minute ago via txt

LarryWeisman

Shanahan on BBanks' 53-yard punt ret: "That's why you bring a guy up" from practice squad. half a minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Russellmania09

Shanahan: "A great motivating factor for a guy like Brandon, is you tell him if he fumbles - he's cut" obviously joking a bit. #Redskins half a minute ago via web

# Chris Russell Russellmania09

Shanahan "I can't say for sure, but I would be surprised if he's not ready for Wednesday" on Trent Williams half a minute ago via web

# Rick Maese RickMaese

Shanahan says that Brandon Banks is capable of returning both punts and kickoffs half a minute ago via TweetDeck

Russellmania09

Shanahan: "I was really pleased with the offensive line. Overall, we had to be physical and I think we were" #Redskins less than 20 seconds ago via web

Russellmania09

Shanahan : Calls Albert's performance in the #Eagles game the best performance since he's been here. #Redskins less than a minute ago via web

Archived