Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

23 minutes ago, Destino said:

I expected the defense to be bad this season.  Maybe not this bad though.  

i dont know really how we improve on defense moving forward. replacing IT will help, but it will be a point guard coming off a torn achilles. Beal was bad on defense last year and worse this year. TB JR has some promise, but is picking up bad habits. Bryant is still bad

coaching change will help, but you can only coach the players you have. we dont have defensive talent

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

Go down swinging

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

i dont know really how we improve on defense moving forward...

...coaching change will help, but you can only coach the players you have. we dont have defensive talent

You answered your own question, it's going to be alright...

If Beal is gonna talk about changing the culture, maybe play defense. Grab some more rebounds. Fill up the stat sheet in other ways. Last two games, both blow out losses, he has 87 points, 3 rebounds, 12 assists, 6 TOs, 2 steals and 1 block with a +/- of minus 27. 

Beal not making the allstar game in the East is the latest great argument for never allowing the fans to vote for anything significant ever again.  

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

negative side is that its probably going to piss him off even more knowing that the only reason he didn't make it because his team is ****

Trae Young is starting isn’t he?

26 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Beal has not cracked a smile all night. That man is legit hurt

He knows Kyle Lowry ain’t ****.  He knows he does more for his team than Tatum and Middleton could ever hope to do.  

i think coaches just didn’t want to reward any player on a defense as bad as the wizards.  Coaches around the league are probably offended by what the wizards are doing on D.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

I don't feel bad for Beal at all. Play defense, be a leader and win and the rest will actually take care of itself. 

I think he should be there, but i can't get worked up about the snub.

he shooting 31% from deep and doing his part to contribute to a defense that could possibly be the worst in the history of the league. 

• Like 1