Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

7 hours ago, LetMeSeeYourWarFace21 said:

Aint gotta release him, but at least make him come off the bench and start Ish. Why is it taking so long for Brooks to bench him???

his starting lineups make no sense, but at least ish usually ends up playing more minutes than IT, and Ish plays over IT in the 4th if the game is in the balance.  Bryant starting at the 4 with Mahinimi at the 5 is another one that makes no sense.

• Like 1

Drummond just walked off the court, so maybe he's sick or hurt or something.  Really surprised to see him loaf like that.  No interest in setting screens at all.  No interest in moving away from the ball.  Only offensive activity comes in transition when he can get easy deep position or when he can crash the board after a switch.

He let Bryant snatch an easy putback right over his head because he didn't jump or fight for the borad.  He sulked after he had to switch on to Beal.  Terrible body language.  I can see why this dude's defenses aren't good despite his size and athleticism, and I can see why his teams don't win like they should.

17 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Drummond just walked off the court, so maybe he's sick or hurt or something.  Really surprised to see him loaf like that.  No interest in setting screens at all.  No interest in moving away from the ball.  Only offensive activity comes in transition when he can get easy deep position or when he can crash the board after a switch.

He let Bryant snatch an easy putback right over his head because he didn't jump or fight for the borad.  He sulked after he had to switch on to Beal.  Terrible body language.  I can see why this dude's defenses aren't good despite his size and athleticism, and I can see why his teams don't win like they should.

feels like he needs to be in a Dwight situation where a team only expects him to rebound, putback dunks, and the occasional blocked shot. anything more than that and team will be disappointed in what they're getting despite his ability to amass crazy rebounding numbers

Doumboya has looked good since Detroit called him up from the g-league. it will be interesting to see how his career runs vs. Rui's

Edited by StillUnknown

Just now, StillUnknown said:

feels like he needs to be in a Dwight situation where a team only expects him to rebound, putback dunks, and the occasional blocked shot. anything more than that and team will be disappointed in what they're getting despite his ability to amass crazy rebounding numbers 

I agree.  It's sad to see because I used to love the way he played.  He was an energy big who had huge potential.  I think all of the losing in Detroit has demoralized him and led to some poor habits of just going through to motions unless he can get a counting stat.

He needs a change of scenery.  He needs to go to a good team with strong leaders who can inspire him.  And Detroit needs to get him away from Doumbouya IMO.  Don't want bad habits to become contagious for their young guys in the locker room.

Beal only has to average like 11 points a game over the second half of the year to pass Jeff Malone on the All Time scoring list.  He's got a real shot at being the All Time scoring leader by the end of his current contract.  Time flies.  Can't believe he's already been on the team long enough to be hitting these benchmarks.

Not a coincidence we finally hold a team to ~100 with guys like Mahinmi and Brown and GP2 and Bonga getting real minutes.  This despite the turnovers.  Just a different level of energy and execution on D when you put guys out there who can actually play it.

Come on Troy, push the ball up the court.  Just a very basic error in a crunch time moment.

Is Drummond spitting up blood?

Lost a tooth.  Ouch.  Didn't look like that hard of a contact but I think he caught Bryant's elbow in the jaw.

18 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Yes.....🤔

We are also 4 games from dead last, it works both ways

The draft pick is more important than getting swept by the bucks in the first round. Also, if we make the playoffs, Brooks likely gets an extension, which is not good moving forward

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 2