Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I know... but it is what it is.

Normally, I'd be all about the draft pick but with this particular draft.....

This draft really hasn't looked terribly exciting has it?  That's a fair point.  Ideally we'd add a superstar, but that's not always possible.  Is there even a single high confidence sure star player in this draft?  The draft heads aren't tripping over themselves with excitement this year. 

Still, I think it's still a good thing to load a little more young talent on the roster.  Young cheap talent.  This is one of the ways to cast off the Ernie years and change the culture.  Replace an old thin roster of disgruntled vets looking to lengthen their careers with young legs seeking to prove themselves... with the right veterans sprinkled in.    

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Almost tied it up and then IT turns it over with a dumbass pass then in transition he goes to cover the rim despite the fact that Herro is the only one up court and he's running out to the three point line and the big has already covered the middle.

Five point swing.  He is an absolutely hopeless defensive player.

• Like 1

Herro is fearless, miami got one in him in

13 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Almost tied it up and then IT turns it over with a dumbass pass then in transition he goes to cover the rim despite the fact that Herro is the only one up court and he's running out to the three point line and the big has already covered the middle.

Five point swing.  He is an absolutely hopeless defensive player.

When they stop playing IT, i'll know they've convinced themselves the 8th seed is possible 

Edited by StillUnknown

21 minutes ago, Destino said:

So did the Cavs draft 6-1 point guards with lottery picks in 2018 and 2019?  That doesn’t seem like a great way to build a team.  

have they ever done anything right besides having the good fortune to be in the state in which LeBron was born?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

have they ever done anything right besides having the good fortune to be in the state in which LeBron was born?

I have no idea, like the rest of the basketball world I only really took notice of them when Lebron played there.  I can’t name 5 players on that team even though I just finished watching them play.  

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Destino said:

So did the Cavs draft 6-1 point guards with lottery picks in 2018 and 2019?  That doesn’t seem like a great way to build a team.  

They are a dumpster fire. They were stupid to give a bunch of extensions to guys like JR Smith, Tristan Thompson after the championship and more recently Kevin Love, Osman and Larry Nance Jr. They are going to suck for years they way they are building. 

Edited by Hersh

1 minute ago, Rocky21 said:

Troy Brown Jr. and Ish Smith both made some sick moves near the basket last night in the second half. 

Ish has been very consistent in finishing around the rim. He seems to have a knack for applying just the right amount of english to his shots. With his improved jumpshot, he may be playing himself out of backup money next year. Hope we can retain him though, he'd be a good backup for Wall and potential starter should wall's recovery hit a snag

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

MUST watch interview with Bradley

That was a good one. Some nuggets worth paying attention to. Beal is firmly in the camp of wanting to go for that playoff spot. Does that put him at odds with a front office that has stated they dont want to do that. Is appeasing brad and being swept my milwaukee or boston worth bringing in a role player that offers immediate help this year, but little return past that.  Do we keep bench pieces that could potentially be flipped?

Beal expressed a lot of loyalty to the team and city, but didnt/couldnt answer how much he could stand.

Its an interesting situation that could force Shepp to alter his stated plans.