Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

12 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

See that's how you finish a blow out Golden State.  You don't keep your starters in, chucking away from three.

Kelly Olynyk is building quite the resume of scumbag play.  Let's not forget him diving at Wall's legs when Wall was in the air after he lost the ball out of bounds.  That could have been a series ender.

I will never forget him intentionally injuring Kevin Love. That was the dirtiest thing I've seen in any sport. He should've been suspended for the rest of the series for that nonsense. 

19 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

who is Gerald Green?

A guy who has scored as many points as Sheldon Mclellan in this series (8). Not the guy who should be talking for the Celtics. 

Speaking of Sheldon, the Wizards better not screw that up.  He's depth that needs to be developed.  He kept the bench from blowing the lead last night.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Destino said:

one more convincing win and all of Boston gets nervous.  They know those first two games were great comeback victories, match that with two beatings and suddenly the Wizards look like the clearly superior team. 

I saw a tweet that showed the Wizards have been leading by 10+ points for 42% of the time in this series. The notion that people felt the series was over after Game 2 is ridiculous. They were fortunate that IT is as good at scoring as he is, and that Brooks took way too long to make the adjustment on defense. 

Boston isn't winning this series, because at their best, and their dirtiest, they've only been leading for 18% of the time. They are done. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

I will never forget him intentionally injuring Kevin Love. That was the dirtiest thing I've seen in any sport. He should've been suspended for the rest of the series for that nonsense. 

Agreed, except I'd go further.  I think the punishment should fit the crime.  You should get suspended without pay for the same amount of time the guy you intentionally injured misses.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Agreed, except I'd go further.  I think the punishment should fit the crime.  You should get suspended without pay for the same amount of time the guy you intentionally injured misses.

That would stop that **** real quick 

On CNN this morning lol

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2707879-marcus-morris-says-he-isnt-impersonating-brother-markieff-in-playoffs?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

11 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Remember when Gerald Green beat Dwight Howard in a dunk contest like ten years ago?  I think that was the zenith of his career.

I knew I remembered this guy from no place 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

IIRC that happened in the final game of the series, a sweep by the Cavs.  Olynyk was suspended at the start of the following season.

• Like 2

Last night was the textbook way to contain Isaiah Thomas.  Trapped him when he's on the ball and driving.  Cheat off the roll man into the lane to make sure every shot he takes is contested.  When he's off the ball mix up going over and under screens so that you keep him guessing.  And when he's on defense, get the ball to whoever he's guarding.  John and Otto have the post games to abuse him.  If they try and stick him on Brad, that's when you start running Brad through multiple screens on possessions to wear out IT's legs.

If you make him work on defense and take away Boston's ability to hide him, then you can contain his scoring.  And if he's not scoring 30, then Boston ain't winning.

I think it's encouraging that we've controlled so much of the series while getting killed by the three ball.  Horford and Crowder are shooting out of their minds from deep.  So is Thomas.  And yet we won a blow out last night despite the fact that Bojan was the only one who could hit from three.  If Otto and Beal find their range, then they're not going to be able stop our offense.

• Like 2

Wall is always playing hurt. Thats why hes the man. 

You ask Boston fans (I ghost around real GM) and Olynik is a ****ing saint and the Wiz as a team are full of thugs lol. Oh how i love that ****. 

What I hate about Olynyk more than his manbun and pube chin, is his audacity to whine after he gets caught doing some dirty BS.

Just look at his face in the freeze frame of the play with John, acting like he didn't do anything.

I know it makes more sense to punish a more impactful player, but it would feel great to see something bad happen specifically to him.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

Amin Elhassan on SportsNation just said Kelly Oubre's haircut reminded him of the sexual chocolate scene from Coming to America.  I am mentally unable to hear something like that and not look it up.  It would drive me insane.

...and yup.  Look at the band members and you'll see it.  lol  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Don't get me started about that.

They honestly don't understand why every other fanbase despises their team.

They fit their team like a glove.  NBA heels.  I've only had pleasant interactions with their fans a handful of times.  That was not the case with the Chicago and Atlanta fans, or hell even Toronto.

You're right about all of the other fanbases hating them.  I didn't know about that before now.  Everyone wants us to beat them.  I'm even seeing Cleveland fans rooting for us, despite the fact there used to be a little rivalry between us and they'd all rather play Boston next round.  But they absolutely HATE the Celtics and Olynyk.

Oubre gained a lot of fans for punking Olynyk's little **** ass.

• Like 3