BRAVEONAWARPATH

The Official Washington Wizards Thread: The JOHN WALL ERA

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Folks act like Wagner wasn’t nice at Michigan.  I was actually surprised he went so late in the first round coming out and was surprised the Lakers gave him up for nothing.

 

he must have slept with the coaches wife to get cut from the German national team

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how efficient offensively the Wiz are but yet so bad defensively.  Makes for great entertainment lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

 

if this team were merely bad on defense instead of historically awful, we'd win 37-40 games

I'd rather suck then win 37-40 games. There is no place worse than NBA purgatory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bertans needs to slow down on the 3 attempts.  When’s the last time he hit one? Lol

*he quickly hits 2 threes* haha I’m getting good at this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/16/2019 at 1:50 PM, Warhead36 said:

I'd rather suck then win 37-40 games. There is no place worse than NBA purgatory.

That's not how rebuilds work, cant you want to be either a lottery team or championship contender.  There has to be some transition between the two, you dont got from a plot of land to two story house, the house needs to be built.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

That's not how rebuilds work, cant you want to be either a lottery team or championship contender.  There has to be some transition between the two, you dont got from a plot of land to two story house, the house needs to be built.

Yes but we are not in that transition phase yet.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Warhead36 said:

Yes but we are not in that transition phase yet.

So what, you still cant go from no floor to first floor built automatically.  Lottery is changed to discourage what the 76ers did, is what it is. 

 

We should make the mistake of stopping the gradual building of the team so we have a chance to leap forward, that was mistake we made with KD2DC, set the team to self destruct with mo plan for him not even returning our calls.

 

It's a top 10 offense, encourage it, hope it gets better next year with better defense.  Losing should be unacceptable, you cant have the neccesary defensive mentality without that one first, defense and rebounding is so much about effort it's not even funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beal unconscious.

 

Vucevic flops for the call...

 

Why pass that out? You had the layup.

 

That's ballgame.

Edited by CRobi21
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thomas Bryant isn’t a bad big body to have.  He just can’t be your main big.  Atrocious defense and not a great rebounder.  James Wiseman would be great prize to land on draft day lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, -JB- said:

Thomas Bryant isn’t a bad big body to have.  He just can’t be your main big.  Atrocious defense and not a great rebounder.  James Wiseman would be great prize to land on draft day lol

 

Bryant's shot selection needs alot of work. he is pretty damn good at finishing around the rim, and I don't mind the open 3pt shots, even though they're not falling right now. The face up mid-range shots early in the shot clock need to be eliminated altogether

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Beal playing 40 minutes a night for a lottery team ranks up there with the stupid things EG did. If the new group front office can’t see what a bad idea this is, they will be no more successful than EG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Beal playing 40 minutes a night for a lottery team ranks up there with the stupid things EG did. If the new group front office can’t see what a bad idea this is, they will be no more successful than EG.

Dude, Beal has only missed a handful of games the past 3 years.  You’re doing yourselves no favors just by sitting a guy.  Especially if you’re not officially tanking.  They fought back tonight because of Beal.  Almost stole this game.  You’d rather him be on the bench and the Wiz lose by 20?  No thanks.

58 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

 

Bryant's shot selection needs alot of work. he is pretty damn good at finishing around the rim, and I don't mind the open 3pt shots, even though they're not falling right now. The face up mid-range shots early in the shot clock need to be eliminated altogether

Yea.  Very uneven offensively.  He can hit the open 3 and finishes well , but you’re right his mid game is bad.  And,

man, I wouldn’t even play Isaiah Thomas. He’s such a liability defensively it makes no sense for him to ever be out on the floor unless you need an offensive set at the end of a quarter or game lol

Edited by -JB-
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to play Beal a ton of minutes either but we gave him a big extension for a reason and we can't just openly shut guys down in November.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're like a middling Big 12 football team.  Strong offense and trash defense and special teams.  Can't get a big rebound.  Can't get a stop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a difference between shutting guys down and playing 5 less minutes per game in a lost season. I don’t care if they are officially tanking or not, this is a bottom 5 team in the league. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

 

IT is just unplayable unless he is scoring at a crazy rate.  Signing him, more than anything else the wizards did in the offseason is why I expected an entertaining tank job of a season.  Unless you have a rock solid defensive squad, you can’t get away with playing IT.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i'm cool with him playing because if we sit him, we may actually win more games than is advisable this year

 

bigger concern to me is Beal's defense. I know he's carrying the offense, but I don't think he qualifies as a good defensive player any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

i'm cool with him playing because if we sit him, we may actually win more games than is advisable this year

 

bigger concern to me is Beal's defense. I know he's carrying the offense, but I don't think he qualifies as a good defensive player any more.

He's not a stopper, not a Paul George sort of player, and really never has been.  He'd be fine as part of a good team defense though, especially if he didn't have to carry all of the offensive play making weight.  Beal isn't a guy that will be the star of any NBA defense but he isn't a guy that would kill you under the right coach either. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2019 at 8:29 PM, Hersh said:

There is a difference between shutting guys down and playing 5 less minutes per game in a lost season. I don’t care if they are officially tanking or not, this is a bottom 5 team in the league. 

You owe it to Beal to give him every chance to reach his full potential and earn an All-Pro selection, which could make for a serious raise.  I also have seen guys have minutes cut back and still end up with a freak injury that sidelines them long term (Steph Curry).  I don’t think you should be playing Beal 5 minutes less every game just because.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.