Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

On 11/16/2019 at 1:50 PM, Warhead36 said:

I'd rather suck then win 37-40 games. There is no place worse than NBA purgatory.

That's not how rebuilds work, cant you want to be either a lottery team or championship contender.  There has to be some transition between the two, you dont got from a plot of land to two story house, the house needs to be built.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

That's not how rebuilds work, cant you want to be either a lottery team or championship contender.  There has to be some transition between the two, you dont got from a plot of land to two story house, the house needs to be built.

Yes but we are not in that transition phase yet.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Yes but we are not in that transition phase yet.

So what, you still cant go from no floor to first floor built automatically.  Lottery is changed to discourage what the 76ers did, is what it is. 

We should make the mistake of stopping the gradual building of the team so we have a chance to leap forward, that was mistake we made with KD2DC, set the team to self destruct with mo plan for him not even returning our calls.

It's a top 10 offense, encourage it, hope it gets better next year with better defense.  Losing should be unacceptable, you cant have the neccesary defensive mentality without that one first, defense and rebounding is so much about effort it's not even funny.

1 hour ago, -JB- said:

Thomas Bryant isn’t a bad big body to have.  He just can’t be your main big.  Atrocious defense and not a great rebounder.  James Wiseman would be great prize to land on draft day lol

Bryant's shot selection needs alot of work. he is pretty damn good at finishing around the rim, and I don't mind the open 3pt shots, even though they're not falling right now. The face up mid-range shots early in the shot clock need to be eliminated altogether

18 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Beal playing 40 minutes a night for a lottery team ranks up there with the stupid things EG did. If the new group front office can’t see what a bad idea this is, they will be no more successful than EG.

Dude, Beal has only missed a handful of games the past 3 years.  You’re doing yourselves no favors just by sitting a guy.  Especially if you’re not officially tanking.  They fought back tonight because of Beal.  Almost stole this game.  You’d rather him be on the bench and the Wiz lose by 20?  No thanks.

58 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Bryant's shot selection needs alot of work. he is pretty damn good at finishing around the rim, and I don't mind the open 3pt shots, even though they're not falling right now. The face up mid-range shots early in the shot clock need to be eliminated altogether

Yea.  Very uneven offensively.  He can hit the open 3 and finishes well , but you’re right his mid game is bad.  And,

man, I wouldn’t even play Isaiah Thomas. He’s such a liability defensively it makes no sense for him to ever be out on the floor unless you need an offensive set at the end of a quarter or game lol

Edited by -JB-
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

IT is just unplayable unless he is scoring at a crazy rate.  Signing him, more than anything else the wizards did in the offseason is why I expected an entertaining tank job of a season.  Unless you have a rock solid defensive squad, you can’t get away with playing IT.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

i'm cool with him playing because if we sit him, we may actually win more games than is advisable this year

bigger concern to me is Beal's defense. I know he's carrying the offense, but I don't think he qualifies as a good defensive player any more.

He's not a stopper, not a Paul George sort of player, and really never has been.  He'd be fine as part of a good team defense though, especially if he didn't have to carry all of the offensive play making weight.  Beal isn't a guy that will be the star of any NBA defense but he isn't a guy that would kill you under the right coach either. 

On 11/18/2019 at 8:29 PM, Hersh said:

There is a difference between shutting guys down and playing 5 less minutes per game in a lost season. I don’t care if they are officially tanking or not, this is a bottom 5 team in the league. 

You owe it to Beal to give him every chance to reach his full potential and earn an All-Pro selection, which could make for a serious raise.  I also have seen guys have minutes cut back and still end up with a freak injury that sidelines them long term (Steph Curry).  I don’t think you should be playing Beal 5 minutes less every game just because.