Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

17 hours ago, Destino said:

would he last a week before the team had to apologize and fire him for saying something offensive?

Hire him and Mia Khalifa then, I'd never miss a game

3 hours ago, -JB- said:

Yea, I hated that Phil left by Kara was pretty good.  But losing Buck & Kara and being left with these two is awful.  Leonsis or whoever dropped the ball big time.

That would be NBC Sports Washington.  Ted could've fought it, but I dont believe it was his idea or couldve stopped it.

Whoever did make the call to go with this needs to be fired.  Kara was too good to be stuck to jus the Wizards, she blessed us with her presence we didnt deserve.

• Like 1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/clutchpoints.com/wizards-news-scott-brooks-claims-john-wall-shooting-looking-really-good/amp/

im really trying not to get excited, but then articles like this show up...

“I think it’s time for us to get a championship,” Wall continued. “I’m not promising anything, but that’s my ultimate goal is to bring a championship there for the Wizards. The city has been on fire. You can’t [forget] the Caps that won it a year or two ago.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/11/06/john-wall-says-dc-becoming-title-town-is-dopest-thing-ever/%3foutputType=amp

lets gooo

• Thanks 1

People forget that with a healthy Wall/Beal we were a whisker away from the conference finals, which would have actually broken the "no final 4 in any major sport" curse that had lasted ~20 years at that point.

In an alternate reality, Kevin Durant comes home and its the Wizards who break the DC sports curse.

• Like 1

Sometimes it be like that tho.  Work under a boss and you get a bad wrap because you’re up under them but you’re just doing your best to hopefully get your shot one day and have that freedom to control everything.  Look at the Caps & Brian MacClellan.  Worked under McPhee for years and Caps didn’t break through finally until he got his shot.

Edited by -JB-
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/2/2019 at 9:59 PM, Destino said:

If you didn’t watch this game, good call, but know that this was “one of those nights”. The other team is swishing everything, even garbage, with or without defenders in their faces.  Meanwhile, the wizards are blowing layups.  Burn the film on this one and move on.  

seriously though, why is Beal playing over 40 minutes? If the front office is dumb enough to believe that they can make the playoffs this year they should all be fired now. Also, Beal should still be traded. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2861595-trevor-booker-reflects-on-unprofessional-wizards-just-glad-i-got-out-alive?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

A player cutting up a teammate's suit. Breaking into others' hotel rooms during road trips to "beat a player up, tie him up." Teammates fighting each other outside of a nightclub. The Wizards had it all.

Booker was only 22 years old when the Wizards selected him with the 23rd overall pick in the 2010 draft. He spent the first four seasons of his career in Washington, a period which he told Kennedy was "probably the most fun I've ever had in the NBA." He went on to play two seasons with the Utah Jazz, one-plus with the Brooklyn Nets and parts of a season with both the Philadelphia 76ers and Indiana Pacers.

Though he enjoyed his time in Washington, his experiences with other franchises made him realize the Wizards' behavior was "unprofessional."

These were the first four years of the John Wall era.  Hard to pin that window on Gilbert Arenas being that he was only with the team for half of the 2010-11 season. Grunfeld ran a mad house in DC and apparently everyone but Ted Leonsis knew it.  Luckily he’s gone now, but culture doesn’t change over night.

This, more than anything else, is what the new GM has to change.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Reading some of the posts about last night's game. I feel like we're judging this team as though it has playoff potential but then turning around and harping on some decisions BECAUSE they have no playoff potential. 

My plan this season is to enjoy the positive and forgive the negative. They're young, they're "small", and they're a scoring team. They play hard. They look better losing than our recent playoff teams did because they work hard. I srsly have fun watching this squad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1