Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

18 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Nah.

This offense is MADE for John.

Assuming he still has the "juice" (speed/quickness) this offense has the spacing that will make him lethal.

Yeah, he'll have to adapt some but I don't want him to completely just "blend in".

Peak Wall there was less players that had the more time of possession then him then fingers I have on my hand.  From that Ringer article there are 37 players that have the ball more then Beal.  Initial reaction is different positions, but it would be a mistake to force Wall back in top 5 soon as he comes back, regardless of if hes healthy or not.  That's why I say this isnt simple and a big test for Brooks, it's not as simple as jus give it to Wall or just treat him like another player.

Edited by Renegade7

30 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

Nah.

This offense is MADE for John.

Assuming he still has the "juice" (speed/quickness) this offense has the spacing that will make him lethal.

Yeah, he'll have to adapt some but I don't want him to completely just "blend in".

Roster?  Maybe.  This offense though?  Nope.  Wall has NEVER embraced the idea of moving the ball quickly, and early in the shot clock, or moving without the ball.  

• Like 1

Unstoppable force vs immovable object?

2 hours ago, Destino said:

Roster?  Maybe.  This offense though?  Nope.  Wall has NEVER embraced the idea of moving the ball quickly, and early in the shot clock, or moving without the ball.  

Hes never been forced to, every coach he had decide it was easier to jus give him the ball instead of figure best way to use him.

• Thanks 1

Wizards win 140-132 in regulation.  Good to see them get back into form, playing no defense and scoring a ton of points, after that nightmare in Denver.

Wizards shot 57% from the floor, 54% from three, and 95% from the free throw line. That’s an incredible shooting night. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, -JB- said:

You know your defense is substantially worse than league average when you let Javale McGee style on you.  

Allowing Rondo to shoot 3's is usually good strategy, but he's making them tonight

We are down 38 and it somehow feels worse than that. If the lakers went to first gear, they could beat us by 50+

This blowout is making Kutcher, Gooden, & Chris Miller talk more about other topics

This is voluntary hell

Edited by StillUnknown

8 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Allowing Rondo to shoot 3's is usually good strategy, but he's making them tonight

We are down 38 and it somehow feels worse than that. If the lakers went to first gear, they could beat us by 50+

Started the game up 9-0 & next thing you know they’re down 37 😂

Edited by -JB-

Lakers pretty kickass this year.

On 11/26/2019 at 10:33 PM, Renegade7 said:

That Beal Black Panther bobblehead, bro, I know what I want for Xmas...

Yeah I had to buy the 3 game pack because of that. Would recommend anyone locally get it too. Because that's the only way you're getting one of those lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Beal saw the sheer joy on Ovechkin and Zimmerman's faces when they won championships by sticking it out with their original clubs. He wants the same. A cheap ring KD style just isn't the same.

KD situation was unique. I would bet winning a first championship like LeBron did or Garnett or Ray Allen didn’t make it less awesome 

• Like 1