Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I just don't understand how they can continue making excuses when our best player isn't even on the floor and we still pull off the supposed "upset"? Maybe, just maybe, the Wizards are the deeper and better team?

Even when John missed the second game the outcome of that game was basically decided in the foul calling. When you send one team to the foul line 20+ times and the other team less then 10 it's going to be extremely hard to even keep it competitive let alone win. It seems to me, if the game is called fairly that the Wizards are just flat out better.

If the Wizards get this kind of play out of Nene and Porter the rest of the series, Atlanta won't win another game. If Wall doesn't get hurt they sweep the Hawks.

• Like 1

Agreed this is pretty close to a sweep if wall is healthy.

I knew the Hawks would come back, the wiz always give up big leads.

But i didn't expect that shot from pierce though. 3 defenders, ice cold, what a great shot.

Still unsure if the wiz win the series but it's great to get the lead and even better that Beal is playing like a boss and that porter is playing up to his draft selection.

• Like 1

Surprised they were able to win without Wall. Good job.

What surprised me is that they really dominated this game until they decided to bleed the clock.  Once they did, they lost focus and became too passive allowing the Hawks to erase a 21 point lead.  Either that or they choked it away. In either case, building up an 18 and then a 21 point lead and leading pretty much the whole game by at least 10 points was a statement.

Perhaps, Atlanta thought without Wall it'd be a cakewalk and didn't come to the game mentally ready or that plus losing their big man undid them. For one night, the Wizards were very much the better team. The interesting thing is, even the game they lost they stayed close.

Washington may have a chance to take this even without Wall. They do need to start hitting some free throws though.

Not that its any of your ****ing business, but no. Look, you're not a fan and you don't watch the games, your opinion isn't worth dick.

Really, kind of petty and typical. I digress. I'm not a Bullets fan, but how in any way does that suggest that I don't watch games ? You realize how absurd that sounds, right ? haha.

What a

Edited by Kosher Ham

I feel like I'm watching a eulogy at a funeral with those guys. I feel like saying, did somebody die?

Exactly, they need some type of back and forth that draws you in and makes it worth watching.

I feel like I am listening to Charlie Brown's school teacher.

• Like 1

Hawks fans are making so many excuses.

Teague's ankles are bothering him, Horford and Milsap have injuries etc etc.

No kidding. That's life as a professional athlete.

Heck, Wall has been battling sprained ankles on and off all season, sore knees, sore shoulders etc

Nene battles chronic tendonitis as well as plantar fasciitis.

The difference is Wizards fans aren't constantly using it as an excuse.

The real issue (though they don't want to admit it) is that with Wall they're probably on the verge of getting swept.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH
  • Like 1

Click to read the rest

http://www.csnwashington.com/basketball-washington-wizards/talk/bradley-beals-thoughts-jeff-teague-not-fan

Bradley Beal's thoughts on Jeff Teague? Not a fan

One of the smallest players on the floor in the series, Jeff Teague is taking on the role of enforcer for the Atlanta Hawks. After contributing to John Wall's fractured left wrist in Game 1, Teague dealt a blow to Bradley Beal's head that caused him to fall awkwardly in the second quarter of Game 3 and the Wizards may ask the league office to review the play.

Beal was initially dismissive when asked about Teague, but he clearly was annoyed by what happened. Teague came from behind to swing with his right arm aside Beal's head as he elevated and even more sneaky was his left hand shove to the lower back. Beal was helpless. Teague was assessed a Flagrant 1 for not making a play on the ball. Beal made the two foul shots.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I guess I was wrong in thinking that the Flagrant 1 was a technical and then Teague got another technical. I was thinking he should have been ejected.

To me that was a Flagrant 2. He went for the head hard and that's always been a flag 2.

I don't like the idea that just because it's the playoffs means you call things differently. The rules are the rules. If that's the case, why not just write a separate set of rules for playoffs only?

It should have been a flagrant two. It was a textbook example.

Watching e Bulls and Cavs, if Wall hadn't gotten hurt we could have beaten either of those teams. Like a decisive five game series. Those teams are not particularly impressive. Hopefully we can extend our season long enough for Wall to come back.

• Like 1

:lol:

A Hawks fan:

"Yes the Hawks can win it....easily.

There is no reason why we should have lost Game 1.  We scored more points in the 1st quarter than we did in the entire 2nd half.  We gave that game away.  We should have been going into Washington up 2-0.  We followed that up with another garbage ass performance, giving the Wizards a 20 point cushion...only to lose the game by 2 on a dumb-ass, tossed up, bank shot.

Honestly?  The Hawks should be up 3-0 right now.  The problem is far simpler than lineup shuffles or injuries.  We're getting punked and Bud basically said as much between the 1st and 2nd quarter.  He said the Wizards are just being more aggressive and assertive."

The reality is the Hawks shot out of their minds in the first half of the first game. I said at halftime that the Wizards would win that game because Atlanta would regress to the mean and they did. The Wizards are just better and it's hard for Atlanta fans to accept this. Their excuses are sad and tired.

• Like 1