Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

And that, folks, is why Wittman needs to go. Good gracious, how the heck did he not realize that Hump or Seraphin (heck, even Blair) would've almost certainly been MUCH better than Nene was? That was possibly the worst game I've ever seen him play. Randy has benched people for far less than that.

Oh well. Get well soon John.

Edited by TheItalianStallion

Nene needs to be perma benched. It's stupid. How do you go two games straight doing nothing? Is he hurt or something? I mean christ.

He suffers from chronic tendonitis and he's battling plantar fasciitis right now.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

And that, folks, is why Wittman needs to go. Good gracious, how the heck did he not realize that Hump or Seraphin (heck, even Blair) would've almost certainly been MUCH better than Nene was? That was possibly the worst game I've ever seen him play. Randy has benched people for far less than that.

Oh well. Get well soon John.

We lose John Wall.  Atlanta finished number 1 in the eastern conference.  And you blame Wittman.

You can't make this stuff up ES. 

Beal on Wall: "We can’t put all our marbles on John. We can’t make him the savior. Other guys have to step up, me included."

Wall said postgame his wrist isn't broken, but will get 2nd opinion In next day or 2. Full report on #InsideTheNBA after Warriors-Grizzlies.

We lose John Wall.  Atlanta finished number 1 in the eastern conference.  And you blame Wittman.

You can't make this stuff up ES. 

Playing Nene and Temple to start the 4th was an awful decision. He should have realized we had to ride Porter. They took a slim lead and expanded it quickly.

Despite that, if Nene plays even a mediocre game and we get even reasonable officiating, we probably win.

Atlanta is fraudulent. Not sold on them at all. Their entire offense is based on the 3 point shot. When we go small we neutralize it with the most part, particularly Porter, who should play a LOT more. Put him on Carroll or something.

Nene's two game totals against the Hawks.

44 min 0-9 shooting 7reb 1ast 0blks 1stl 5fouls 6turnovers 2pts.

He's done more harm than good through two games.  This team needs to figure out what is wrong with him or put him on the shelf for this series.  Sending the 1 seed home is hard enough without a guy getting so many minutes giving you nothing.

None of that excuses his poor decisions in this game.

Because in the NBA, any teams win without their best player.

Nene's two game totals against the Hawks.

44 min 0-9 shooting 7reb 1ast 0blks 1stl 5fouls 6turnovers 2pts.

He's done more harm than good through two games.  This team needs to figure out what is wrong with him or put him on the shelf for this series.  Sending the 1 seed home is hard enough without a guy getting so many minutes giving you nothing.

The Wizards were 5-0 before losing wall and Nene has done more harm than good?  Maybe, but you miss the forest for the trees.

I wonder who watched tonight.  Nene wasn't the one missing all the shots and throwing the balls away.  Neither was the coach.  They were off and missing their best player.

Again, Wall being out doesn't give Randy a free ticket to ride the train to dumbass town. He made awful decisions and at this point of the season there's no excuse for it.

The Wizards were 5-0 before losing wall and Nene has done more harm than good? Maybe, but you miss the forest for the trees.

I wonder who watched tonight. Nene wasn't the one missing all the shots and throwing the balls away. Neither was the coach. They were off and missing their best player.

If you think Nene wasn't throwing the ball away or missing shots then you clearly are the one who wasn't watching Edited by Taylor703
  • Like 3

The Wizards were 5-0 before losing wall and Nene has done more harm than good?  Maybe, but you miss the forest for the trees.

I wonder who watched tonight.  Nene wasn't the one missing all the shots and throwing the balls away.  Neither was the coach.  They were off and missing their best player.

I think the team gave a valiant effort. Given that Wall was out, I was not expecting anything other than a loss, but it was much closer than I expected, and we could've stolen it with better play from Nene or someone else in his place. I'm well aware that the absence of Wall was the single biggest reason why we lost, but that doesn't mean mistakes weren't made, and given that we still had a shot at winning even without Wall, criticizing those mistakes is fair game.

If my initial argument had been that Wittman's mistakes were the primary reason for the loss rather than Wall's absence, then you might've had a point, but it wasn't, so you don't. I was just pointing out that this game was more evidence that Wittman sucks, and that his playoff success to this point shouldn't erase the fact that he sucks (well, aside from defensive scheme). All his success proves is that he has a talented roster to work with, one which was badly misused during the regular season, and even in the playoffs prior to tonight hasn't been perfect (Porter, as much as his minutes have gone up, should play even more), and was certainly bungled earlier tonight.

Edited by TheItalianStallion
  • Like 1

Wall's absence was the biggest difference but yes, in the last two games Nene has done more harm than good.  The stats and the eyeball test support that statement.  He's been awful.  The words "self check" apply.

"Nene wasn't the one missing all the shots" - He didn't miss all the shots, he just missed all of the ones that he took. 

"Nene wasn't the one ... throwing the balls away."  - He lead the team in turnovers. Neat trick for a guy that didn't have the ball very often.

It's important to note that this isn't a one game issue.  His two points in this game are 2 better than he managed in game one.  Wall's absence doesn't change the fact that Nene has done nothing despite significant playing time.  On a team with depth at his position, that can't keep happening.  It doesn't seem like Randy wants to give up on him though so we'll just have to hope that he feels like playing basketball on Saturday.  Cross your fingers.

• Like 2

Wall said postgame his wrist isn't broken, but will get 2nd opinion In next day or 2. Full report on #InsideTheNBA after Warriors-Grizzlies.

That's terrible. He's not going to get a 2nd (really a 3rd) opinion because he's expecting to hear "what swelling?  Why John, you're wrist is perfectly fine!  According to this MRI you've got a 30-15 game coming"  It's because something isn't right.  Let's just hope the news isn't catastrophic. 

Man, after sleeping on it, Gortat fouling out is tough to swallow.  Two awful foul calls and two more that were ticky tack = bull**** considering how Horford's been officiated in the first two games.

That said, the biggest reasons we lost were the amount of extra possessions they got and our struggle to defend the PnR.  They won the rebound battle and the turnover differential such that they got 10 extra possessions.  They were more aggressive and did a better job moving the ball to set up scoring opportunities.

And yet, we probably still win that game if John played.  That was a series changing injury :(.  We're just not a very good team without Wall.  This Atlanta team does feel fraudulent and their style of offense doesn't feel well suited for the playoffs.  They have to work extremely hard to get scores and rely on forcing threes and having them go down.

• Like 1

Round 2 basketball and team is in it - next year need to work on the post Nene-plan... am I being greedy expecting to be fighting in the playoffs for years to come?

Post Nene Plan: Sign Kevin Durant to absurd deal.

• Like 1

We lost this game the second John Wall didn’t take the court. Sessions definitely pulled his weight but…

This is when it would have been nice to have Temple in game shape, but that is a luxury we didn’t have.

It’s hard to imagine Nene having a worse playoffs than this year. Had 2 points last night (which I don’t even remember) and was – 14.

Have you ever seen so many 3’s that were good that weren’t swishes in one game? Me either.

All things considered I’ll take going back to DC 1-1 in the second round of the playoffs all....day....long.

• Like 1

Nene is not the problem. Think about it.

EDIT: Rocky preaching. The truth.

Nene is a huge problem. You cannot concede a blatant mismatch and let Atlanta get off to these leads. It's a simple fix, don't play him but 12-15 minutes a night this series.

My biggest fear? Korver channels his inner Dunleavy and drops 9 THREEEEEEEEEEs on us Saturday and we never recover.

He's been the most noticeable victim of tired legs so far. Now he gets three days rest.

Did anyone notice the CRAZY rim bounces/rolls we were getting last night?

Yeah that left rim loved us. That kept us in the game. Meanwhile that same rim killed Atlanta.

It's time to start Gooden and have Nene come off the bench in game three. We can't be starting out 4 on 5.