Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Cousins sucks...if we went after any player on the Kings it should be Tyrike Evans.

How can you say Cousins sucks?

---------- Post added January-17th-2013 at 12:18 AM ----------

wow Wall I hope you learned from this game. Free Throws!!!!

Seraphin taking shot after shot at the end really didn't help matters.

Thats the great thing about Beal, he gets his within the flow the offense. He doesn't have to go rogue to take a game over.

Not sure I agree that it's great that he operates entirely within the flow. I wouldn't mind him demanding the ball and making something happen from time to time.

Good game. But wall still has his hand on top of the ball during his stroke. So, i dont think his shot will change much. Im not that upset with him not improving that much with the shot, because he can improve the team in so many other ways. If we get Crawford back and a better SF, we can mask those inefficiencies. .

Good game. But wall still has his hand on top of the ball during his stroke. So' date=' i dont think his shot will change much. Im not that upset with him not improving that much with the shot, because he can improve the team in so many other ways. If we get Crawford back and a better SF, we can mask those inefficiencies. .[/quote']

I'm pissed the coaching staff hasn't fixed the way he shoots. He has terrible mechanics. I could beat John Wall in a game of around the world...and that is sad!

was a very nice game in decision making though....he had 10 assists and only one turnover. If he plays that way every night, we will win a lot of games.

I'm pissed the coaching staff hasn't fixed the way he shoots. He has terrible mechanics. I could beat John Wall in a game of around the world...and that is sad!

was a very nice game in decision making though....he had 10 assists and only one turnover. If he plays that way every night, we will win a lot of games.

All this time he was injured he could have been working with a shooting coach. ...

So, hypothetically, if wall doesn't improve his shooting and is basically a 16pt, 10 assist guy, is he a max contract player? Or is he simply a max player cause the Wizards don't have any choice given they suck and have to overpay to keep him here?

I really do hate Cousins. I want no part of him.

Cousins is a ****ing monster. If we got him we'd have the best team in the league in three years. He dominated us.

---------- Post added January-17th-2013 at 12:34 AM ----------

Cousins sucks...if we went after any player on the Kings it should be Tyrike Evans.

Cousins was completely dominant. You're gonna double down on that earlier position?

So, hypothetically, if wall doesn't improve his shooting and is basically a 16pt, 10 assist guy, is he a max contract player? Or is he simply a max player cause the Wizards don't have any choice given they suck and have to overpay to keep him here?

Does he really deserve a max contract when Rondo is earning less than 12 million a year? I don't think he deserves more than 13 million if he can't shoot.

Does he really deserve a max contract when Rondo is earning less than 12 million a year? I don't think he deserves more than 13 million if he can't shoot.

In the land of NBA contracts, "deserves" has little to do with it.

He'll get a max deal whether he deserves it or not because he is the centerpiece of everything Teddy has been selling to the fans for the last couple of years.

Well, he did hire like one of the best shooting coaches during the offseason. and worked with another one. I think it is just habitual at this point.

I agree but I bet he walks if he doesn't get a max deal.

If we can't resign him then trade him. A player that can't shoot with a suspect knee is just not a risk this team can take. It would suck but this team can't afford to make another huge mistake.

Edited by Destino

Wall had 10 assists against 1 turnover, will probably get lost in the aftermath of him choking on the free throw line.

He had a brilliant game. Only a fool would think missing those FTs negates that. We had too many bad turnovers, that was the problem for me. That and we missed some good shots at crucial points that would have ended runs. Particularly Ariza... Giving up so many silly offensive fouls and bad turnovers gave Sacramento runs to save their asses and they hung around long enough for Cousins and Jimmer to get hot and close the gap.

I'm not too worried about the loss because I expected the road trip to be painful and I'm more concerned with the process than the results at this stage. We accomplished a lot of what I had hoped we would:

- Wall getting stronger by the game

- Beal looking like a 10 year vet and a future All Star

- Nene being Nene

- Building chemistry between Martell and Wall

- Seraphin scoring again

What I want to see more of going forward:

- Oak getting more involved offensively

- Ariza converting his opportunities

- Ves making great use of his limited minutes and providing inside scoring off the bench plus some steals and hustle plays to spark the team.

- Seraphin crash the boards and come down with more rebounds.

- Wall get into rhythm and hit more of those Js. Also not bleed off so much of the clock to get into our sets.

Other than that I have few complaints. Team had an unbelievable amount of assists. 32 again and Wall racked up 10, most of them amazing plays. It was good to see.

---------- Post added January-17th-2013 at 12:49 AM ----------

Wall is going to be a max contract when his deal comes up provided he stays healthy. He's remarkable. He could legitimately be the best PG in the league by 2015 and one of the league's best players by the time he hits his prime.

He had a brilliant game. Only a fool would think missing those FTs negates that.

Haven't you ever played a sport before? No such thing as a brilliant game if you choke at the end during the most critical time of the game. John Wall would tell you the same thing.