Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Beal is a perfect fit for our organization. You know our guys were sweating blood when there was all that talk about Cleveland and all those other teams moving up for Beal.

I can't believe we were able to draft both him and John Wall.

With Jan showing off some new dimensions and some improvement, I don't think I could possibly get any more excited about next season. I can see the pieces starting to come together.

So Ernie has done a good job then?

So Ernie has done a good job then?

Personnel moves wise, I'd say he has the past three offseasons.

Personally, I think he's done a good job in the draft and he did a good job with the Hinrich trade, the Arenas trade, and the Nene trade.

The only thing I haven't been a big fan of was the Okafor/Ariza trade but it's not that big a deal to me any more. We had to find a way to add veteran talent on short contracts and so we did. Just don't think those guys were the best talent and best fit out there. I'd have liked to see what else Shard's contract might have been able to acquire, definitely wouldn't have done it before the draft if NO wasn't offering #10 in the deal. If Dwight Howard ends up going to LA and they have to trade Pau Gasol off cheap, we're going to be kicking ourselves for dealing Shard.

I do think he went too young last season and should have held onto guys like Cartier Martin and James Singleton when we had them the first time.

Where he's done a bad job is in establishing our organizational culture. We've got a losing culture despite the fact we're getting talent. If that doesn't change, I don't know what we'll actually be capable of.

Not sure if serious or completely delusional.

A tiny part of me can sympathize with Ted on not wanting to amnesty him. Paying this sack of **** 23 million for doing nothing stings.

Keeping him around stings more. The options are amnesty or pay him to stay home, either way he's getting paid for doing nothing. Might as well sever ties

Box score from Blatche most likely last game ad a Wizard

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201203180MEM.html?mobile=false

Fitting

(Thx to @bulletsforever for tweeting)

---------- Post added July-17th-2012 at 01:20 PM ----------

Description of his final (hopefully) shot as a Wizard

There was one atrocious shot by Andray Blatche, an air ball special that left Wizards announcer Steve Buckhantz gasping at the awfulness.

http://www.truthaboutit.net/2012/03/dc-council-game-44-wizards-92-at-grizzlies-97-covering-the-spread-with-turnover-butter.html

Hollywood ending

Oh how I wish someone would pull up tape of that and put it up on YouTube

Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

If he is staying, work him double than anyone else on the roster. And then don't give him any minutes. Put him on the end of the bench but prepare him as if he's playing 40 minutes a night.

I'm a little surprised that he is likely staying because Wittman practically came out and said that he can't coach a loser like him.

David Aldridge just reported that the Wizards are about to Amnesty Blatche again. Can't post link at work.

---------- Post added July-17th-2012 at 04:32 PM ----------

Chris Miller

‏@cmillscsn

It's 'official the Wizards have amnestied Andray Blatche per a source.

Nice!