Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Jan just made that jumpshot look easy. Never thought I'd see the day I'd say that

Yeah his shot is looking pretty so far.

---------- Post added July-14th-2012 at 10:50 PM ----------

Thomas with the nice jumper.

---------- Post added July-14th-2012 at 11:05 PM ----------

nice dunk by Thomas.

Edited by Thinking Skins

Vesely and Mack look excellent today.

Yeah, Mack looks like a different player tonight. Hope he keeps it up.

---------- Post added July-14th-2012 at 11:24 PM ----------

Singleton's looking a lot better tonight too.

---------- Post added July-14th-2012 at 11:30 PM ----------

Dag, Jeremy Lamb has a +/- of -21.

Beal had 4 rebounds, 3 assists and a steal, so he's doing other things. My main beef is that most of those numbers came in the first quarter. He sat for the first 5 of the second and didn't do much of anything for the next 5 (he did get 2 free throws that went in though). But thats still a nice statline. I think about N. Young and laugh at the possibility of having a guy at 2 who can do more than shoot. And unlike Crawford, Beal's shot selection has been pretty good.

---------- Post added July-14th-2012 at 11:39 PM ----------

There we go Beal! 3!!

---------- Post added July-14th-2012 at 11:40 PM ----------

Man beautiful pass by Mack to Vesely.

---------- Post added July-14th-2012 at 11:43 PM ----------

Our free throw shooting is still horrible.

Singleton's 4/7

Beal's 4/8 (after going 9/10 yesterday)

and Mack's 2/3.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2012/7/16/3161074/bradley-beal-washington-wizards-nba-summer-league-2012

A lot of that is due to what's pretty clear on the surface. At just 19 years old, Beal is mature beyond his years. On the court, he maintains the same, cool demeanor no matter how much he is scoring. Almost nothing rattles him.

"If you just walked into the gym, and [the score is] 100-100, you wouldn't know if he had one point or 30 points," Cassell said about him at one point.

Beyond that, he's unselfish, willing to create for his teammates or fade into the background to let them shine. He's mature off the court, taking good care of himself and emerging quickly as a top public speaker in the locker room.

A deeper look, though, reveals just how seamlessly Beal fits into any coach's schemes. He won't always dazzle in the scoring column, and while he stuffs the stat sheet well, there will be plenty of games where his box-score production will seem mediocre.

But coaches don't think like fans. They think about process before results, execution before completion, versatility before production, reliability before upside.

From their perspective, Bradley Beal is a gem.

Much more in the link.

That's been my assessment of Beal's game so far. The guy that wrote the article just explained it a lot better than I ever could. After watching the three summer league games I've noticed that Beal has never disrupted the flow of the offense. There were a couple of one-on-one opportunities he's had and the defender really stayed in front of him. Instead of him attempting a very difficult shot he swung the ball around so his teammates could get touches and possible a better look. He really does have a very mature look to this game. His points have come so quietly. I still don't know how 2 of the 3 games he has been the highest scorer. When you watch the games you swear someone else was the highest scorer.

We can't honestly expect 20 ppg early on from beal. I actually think he will be fairly efficient for a rookie, I'm not saying he's gonna shoot 41% from three point land, but 14ppg on 44% FG shooting plus 37% from the 3 point land would do wonders for the squad especially when you consider he isn't a ball stopper.

I'm somewhat mixed on singleton still. His shot looks ok, his defense looks better but he makes some WTF plays. He really shouldn't ever have to dribble more than twice. I think he is making some progress though. Needs to cut the TOs down and rebound a bit more. 6-9 with a big wingspan should be more conducive to better rebounding for him.

Beal is a perfect fit for our organization. You know our guys were sweating blood when there was all that talk about Cleveland and all those other teams moving up for Beal.

I can't believe we were able to draft both him and John Wall.

With Jan showing off some new dimensions and some improvement, I don't think I could possibly get any more excited about next season. I can see the pieces starting to come together.

David Aldridge

‏@daldridgetnt

Sources: Wizards leaning toward using amnesty on Andray Blatche. Story up soon.

Got to do it. No use in bringing in all these team players and good characters just to keep Blatche around when getting rid of him is entirely within your grasp. The amnesty clause isn't good for anything else.