Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

No real shame in going toe to toe with the best team in the East and top 3 team in the league and only losing by 1, especially when you factor in Wall being out for us and Howard having a huge game(which he always does vs. us). Leaps and bounds better than opening night(although playing at home helps).

No real shame in going toe to toe with the best team in the East and top 3 team in the league and only losing by 1, especially when you factor in Wall being out for us and Howard having a huge game(which he always does vs. us). Leaps and bounds better than opening night(although playing at home helps).

Wall and Yi out for us. Vince Carter out for Orlando.

Wall and Yi out for us. Vince Carter out for Orlando.
Thornton out as well (not all that big of a loss, imo, but still worth noting).

Overall really solid game. Second half we were the far better basketball team on both ends. Very nice to finally see us step up to the plate and play well against a quality opponent.

Thought everyone that played played pretty well. Flip did an outstanding job managing the team with the fouls, which really helped us in the 3rd and 4th.

Hubbs had my VIP seats, I wonder how that went.

Just got back from the game.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like you all to recognize that chipwhich is the greatest human being on the planet. I sat roughly six rows away from the court during the first half, then in the second half my friend and I moved up to the second row, which was literally on the hardwood. We found out a few minutes later that we were sitting next to Javale McGee's mom, Pam, who was very nice and very tall. We were approximately eight feet away from the Wizards bench, and Dwight Howard threw down a monster alley-oop approximately ten feet away from my face. We overheard conversations between Wizards players and coaches. We got a wave from Yi. We got free food and drinks. It was easily one of the best sports experiences I've ever had, if not the outright best. If Gil had hit the game-winner, it would have been the perfect night. I can't thank chip enough.

Just got back from the game.

Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like you all to recognize that chipwhich is the greatest human being on the planet. I sat roughly six rows away from the court during the first half, then in the second half my friend and I moved up to the second row, which was literally on the hardwood. We found out a few minutes later that we were sitting next to Javale McGee's mom, Pam, who was very nice and very tall. We were approximately eight feet away from the Wizards bench, and Dwight Howard threw down a monster alley-oop approximately ten feet away from my face. We overheard conversations between Wizards players and coaches. We got a wave from Yi. We got free food and drinks. It was easily one of the best sports experiences I've ever had, if not the outright best. If Gil had hit the game-winner, it would have been the perfect night. I can't thank chip enough.

Glad you had a good time.