Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

My issue with him is this particular season more then any, though its not just that he's having more mentally out of it games then I'm used to, the whole team is. 

This is what I was saying a while back when you and I had a bad day because I had been picking on him. Admittedly, I verbalized it totally wrong but I was referring to the changes in him that I have seen this particular season.

For some reason I just see a different JW. He's still our best player (obviously) but I don't see a guy who truly wants to remain in the hunt. He seems more selfish, more apathetic, and just angry. 

Prior to this year he was my favorite NBA player and this season I just find myself mad at him all the time. At the end of every close game I easily predict the ending. Wall's gonna hold the ball without moving it around, then force his way into a well-defended lane, then turn it over. Boom. Script never changes. I guess that plan can fall on Brooks' shoulders but it doesn't come off that way in the moment. It just comes off to me like John's becoming a stubborn one-trick pony. 

I haven't needed the front office or the media to scapegoat him. I've been too disappointed in the team to even follow press releases or storylines. I just tune in to games and get mad at John Wall. 😥

16 hours ago, Chachie said:

This is what I was saying a while back when you and I had a bad day because I had been picking on him. Admittedly, I verbalized it totally wrong but I was referring to the changes in him that I have seen this particular season.

For some reason I just see a different JW. He's still our best player (obviously) but I don't see a guy who truly wants to remain in the hunt. He seems more selfish, more apathetic, and just angry. 

It's all good, given I've seen pretty much every game of his professional career, I can't take this as his m.o., defiently more angry, I'd never go so far as selfish and apathetic.

Prior to this year he was my favorite NBA player and this season I just find myself mad at him all the time. At the end of every close game I easily predict the ending. Wall's gonna hold the ball without moving it around, then force his way into a well-defended lane, then turn it over. Boom. Script never changes. I guess that plan can fall on Brooks' shoulders but it doesn't come off that way in the moment. It just comes off to me like John's becoming a stubborn one-trick pony. 

Brooks offense has traditionally been to throw out what works from offensive scheming standpoint to ask his best players to save the day.  He used to do the same thing with KD and Westbrook, now that's what he does with Wall and Beal.  We're more likely to see Beal take the last shot, actually, we saw that when Wall was out last year and Beal was asked to be the PG and Otto NEVER got a designed call for a game winning shot despite being our third max player.  I don't agree with players making a habit of going rouge, why I'm empathetic to when when Wall blasts what's on his mind so everyone knows where he stands on something versus it being leaked to to media. Whether I agree with him or not, I know what he's thinking.

I haven't needed the front office or the media to scapegoat him. I've been too disappointed in the team to even follow press releases or storylines. I just tune in to games and get mad at John Wall. 😥

I like basketball, DC has a team, I also like John Wall.  I hope for good basketball, and want them to do well, its tough for me to take the stance of just not watching them.  Even if its just in the background while I'm doing stuff, I'll put them on mute if I see them giving up.  I can do that with the Nats and this is first year I've ever done that to the redskins.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

I missed this game, is Wall injured again or did he just have another garbage performance on the road for unknown reasons?  (I pm guessing he’s inured again)

If you told me he was still sick, I'd believe it.  I don't think it matters, 3OT then on the road against a playoff team is pretty much an automatic loss with these Wizards, I wouldn't of played Wall at all, merry christmas.