Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

2 minutes ago, Destino said:

Good road win.  

I would like to see Otto get more shots though.  I don't like Morris getting so many more shots than Porter.  They need to run plays for their best shooter.

Agree! Offense should run through Otto, for real. 

Also don't call it a win yet. Refs got something to say about it. 

7 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Kinda odd that Mike Scott didn't play tonight after playing his best game Monday

if he didn't pick up an injury, i'd be curious to know Brooks reasoning for leaving him out

Had to be an injury of some sort. Keef was in foul trouble all game.

I don't know if Ernie and Ted are aware, but the window that was opening at the end of the Lebron era is closing fast. If we don't fix the 5 man problem, that window is closed. Because Al Horford frigging went 95% in the playoffs last year against us. Giannis, Embiid, and Simmons might be cheat codes.  It's gonna be a **** show. Ernie, we need one last miracle trade. It doesn't matter how good wall/beal/porter get, Ian and Marcin will be parting the seas for dunk city. 

Edited by Skin'emAlive

1 hour ago, Skin'emAlive said:

How would we afford him. It would be trading a 1st for a half year rental. We just did that with bojangles. 

I think Steve McQ laid out a pretty solid scenario a couple pages back. Getting him, and ridding yourself of Mahinmi's contract will give them Bird rights and most likely enough room. 

If you trade for Nerlens you get his Bird Rights and can go over the cap to sign him.  The reason we didn’t keep Bojan wasn’t because we couldn’t, it was because he wasn’t good enough to be worth paying tax for.  Especially since Oubre is better than him.

Nerlens is a different caliber player.  Starting 5 with All NBA Defense potential.  A Joakim Noah-like presence in your line up that helps make your team better than the sum of their parts.  If I were in charge I’d be calling Dallas right now to build a deal for him to be executed on Dec 14th.  Mahinmi and the first for Noel and contract ballast.  Maybe McBob or Curry.  Adding Noel would give us what we were hoping to get in Mahinmi.  We’d have a friggin awesome top 7.  Then you can sign him and move Gortat this summer for a young asset and sign a cheap back up 5.

• Like 1

Yeah he is injured.  Don’t know his time table for return.  Probably a lost season for him so his purpose is just to make the salaries work.  Wouldn’t mind having him if he got healthy but right now we’re in a good place with Smith and Scott and McBob is an expiring.

Curry is injured too, and an expiring, but I really wouldn’t mind getting him as a throw in with Noel.  We always need bench combo guards.  Maybe he gets healthy.

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I just don't see why Dallas would want Mahimi's albatross contract. Our 1st wouldn't be enough because its gonna be a super low 1st.

Maybe not, but there's only one way to find out. If Noel is unhappy there, and it's bringing the team down, they may make a move just to excise what they deem a locker room cancer.