Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Let's be clear though, Wall wasn't the only problem.  We're a long way from the days when this was John Wall and the Wizards.  This is a three star team now, and on every such construction when one is down the other two have to shine brighter.  Otto didn't hit or attempt enough shots, and now that he's got a big contract that isn't acceptable.  I don't care if he has to threaten people on the sidelines, he has to find a way to step up.  Beal gave us 26, but on 22 shots that's not so great.  He missed a lot of big shots early and late.  

Also, Oubre might not be a star but he's been awarded the role of sixth man.  A role he's earned, no question, but 1-9 shooting for 4 points isn't getting it done.  He also gave up st least one big bucket late gambling for a steal.  He needs to do less of that. 

Now again, I'm not even mad about this one.  It's a make or miss league and some nights your team is just going to come out cold and stay cold.  I think the frustration comes from the close finish.  I'm going to choose to view that as a credit to this team.  They battled and made things interesting on a night where they really should have been blown out.  Can't knock effort when a team plays hard defensively.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

Otto with only 6 fg attempts with 10minutes to play in the 3rd quarter

either he needs to be more aggressive or coach needs to call his number more. whatever combination, it needs to happen, especially with Wall out

He's not taking good shots. I wo uldnt give him the ball right now either. And normally I am all aboard the Otto Express. 

1 hour ago, Llevron said:

He's not taking good shots. I wo uldnt give him the ball right now either. And normally I am all aboard the Otto Express. 

They need to run plays for him.  This is 2017, offenses have never been as good at generating three point shots as they are now, why can't the wizards run simple off ball screens to generate open looks for their shooters. 

• Like 1