Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

The fact that this team is better by subtraction alone means Ernie royally screwed up this past offseason. I mean, we already know Burke, Thonton, and Smith shouldn't see the court with solid minutes. Oubre is in the dog house, and McClellan, House, and Ochefu will likely never see court time. 

I get it, only 3rd game in a new system.  But I believe the commentators when they say our guys aren't communicating. Between that and seeing the number of stupid wide open shots, stuff like that is coachable.  Again, I love the in the drive in the paint offense.  Not sure how I feel about the lack of three attempts, think I'm with Destino in that you at least want the threat of it. 6 attempts is not enough.

Game not over yet. It's not like they're stopping us in the paint, we gotta get stops.

Edited by Renegade7

2 minutes ago, STBonecrusher21 said:

When Wall leaves I will not be mad. I actually hope it happens sooner than later. Hes too damn good to waste his career here. 

Wall interview

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2016/11/2/13496886/john-wall-washington-wizards-committment-reaffirm-banner-wes-unseld-franchise-records

You know, it's a new era in the NBA right now, but I'm a loyal guy. If people stick behind me like the city's been doing for the first six years, going on seven... You never know what can happen, but I love being here. I enjoy playing here. My dad was from here. And it's a short drive to North Carolina if I ever want to see my family, or they want to come see me. Like I said, my ultimate goal is to hang up another banner in this arena.

I love being here. I love the city. I do so much here, my Dad being from here, it's easy for family to come see. I'm an East Coast guy. I love the weather. Like people don't like cold, but that's how you feel the freshest. So yeah, I look at all those things. Being the assists leader, the steals leader. I want to set records here that people won't break for a long, long time. But none of that will mean anything if I don't hang a banner here.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Beal giving you the kind of game and numbers you expect from a MLE guy...as usual.

Wall showing Beal how to play like a max player. GD, what a waste if they lose this. You right, Beal needs to wake up and follow Wall's lead. He's a master attacker as well, mofo act like it!

Edited by Renegade7

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Wall showing Beal how to play like a max player. GD, what a waste if they lose this. You right, Beal needs to wake up and follow Wall's lead. He's a master attacker as well, mofo act like it!

Beal looks like a guy that got his money and he's just fine with shooting 40% and disappearing in the 4th quarter.  Meanwhile, Wall and Porter are balling like monsters.  There's gonna be some locker room issues sooner rather than later.

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Beal looks like a guy that got his money and he's just fine with shooting 40% and disappearing in the 4th quarter.  Meanwhile, Wall and Porter are balling like monsters.  There's gonna be some locker room issues sooner rather than later.

Wall is going to come after him (hopefully in private).  He has to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RonArtest15 said:

Three major issues:

1.  Beal

2.  Lack of communication

3.  The bench

Two of the 3 can be corrected...the bench, on the other hand, looks terrible. 

The bench can be fixed by playing sato. It wouldn't make the bench good, but they wouldn't be a completely incompetent. Beal has to wake up and play like the max player he is being paid to be. 

Beal is playing so bad trading him wouldn't even make sense.  No choice but to hope he turns it around because between his single digit PER and his injury history, he has a negative value at the moment.  I have to believe he'll get much better because if he doesn't this team is screwed.

Heard Burke is already falling out of favor too.  Can't say that would surprise me.  Really hope Grunfeld's disastrous off season hasn't made the Wizards a lottery team.  

So why did we give Beal all that money? What did he show his first few years that earned him that type of contract?

It reeked of desperation when it happened. Like we pray this guy becomes a superstar. Guaranteed he misses 10-15 games at least this year with some stupid injury.

Edited by abdcskins

I was critical of giving Beal the deal at the time and people trashed me for it. "Who else are we going to pay?" "He's young we have to keep him!" "John Wall will be angry if we let him go." All stupid arguments then, all even stupider now.

I feel bad for Wall. He's balling his ass off for a god awful franchise in a city that simply doesn't care at all anymore. I'd say we should trade him and commit to rebuilding but resigning Beal means we're committed to this course for the foreseeable future.