Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Washington Basketball Thread: Wizards, Mystics etc

BRAVEONAWARPATH

And I'm sick and tired of hearing about "the plan". Damnit, if I hear about this stupid plan one more time and I want his ridiculous ass to show us what his plan is. Because as far as I'm concerned, the plan was written on a Wendy's napkin, in crayon, and has been scratched out and revised multiple times due to failure and disappointment. 

Edited by Gamebreaker

29 minutes ago, Gamebreaker said:

And I'm sick and tired of hearing about "the plan". Damnit, if I hear about this stupid plan one more time and I want his ridiculous ass to show us what his plan is. Because as far as I'm concerned, the plan was written on a Wendy's napkin, in crayon, and has been scratched out and revised multiple times due to failure and disappointment. 

Ya, man, we're talking 5 pages in powerpoint, max.

• Like 1

Brooks has to do a better job of getting Beal in positions when he's moving?  Good to see the coach say what I've been pointing out about Beal for years.  When he tries to face his defender and create while standing still he's simply not as effective.  They need to play him like Rip Hamilton used to.  Pass him the ball as he comes around screens, instead of giving him the ball and then sending a screener to help. 

• Like 2

Yeah lousy shooting all around.  The selection is fine, they're just not falling.  This team needs a jolt.

Hey Scott, can you stop playing Burke and Thornton together?  One or the other my man.  Oubre and Sato need to be on either side of them.

John and Brad need to take notes on the way Sato is defending.  The kid gives a damn.

My first half rotations would be:

Sub Beal and Keef out at 6 mins or so.  Put Nicholson and Thorton/Burke in.  When the other starters come out with about three or four left in the first, bring Sato, Smith, and Oubre in.  Then at the beginning of the second, put Beal and Keef in and bring out Thornton/Buke and Nicholson.  Then bring Gortat, Wall, and Otto back in at the 6-7 minute mark in the second.

Bad spacing led to that Jason Smith turnover.  Beal, don't dribble it into the corner where Wall is camped.  Don't pass it to Smith 15 feet from the rim on the baseline.  He doesn't have a post game.

3 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

I think I'd rather ochefu in there over smith. 

Yep.  Free Ochefu.